Finals series 2017 *Spoilers

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
TIGER

Re: Finals series 2017 *Spoilers

Post by TIGER » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:35 pm

See ya Bronco's, absolute grubs.
Blair is really something isn't he, a special kind of grub.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:37 pm

Notice JAC doesn't carry on with that 'my family in jail" crap liken he used to with us.... Part of a team there with a role to play as opposed to an individual with personal statements
Professionalism

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:40 pm

Blair is a Grub.
Storm too good.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Russta

Post by Russta » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:42 pm

Hahahaha suck it Donkeys.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:44 pm

Darius looks shattered

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 22 Sep, 2017 9:37 pm
Notice JAC doesn't carry on with that 'my family in jail" crap liken he used to with us.... Part of a team there with a role to play as opposed to an individual with personal statements
Professionalism
Read a story this week about how he was pulled aside and told by the assistant coach that his try celebrations were not on when playing for the storm.
They actually sat him down, made him watch his try celebrations whilst playing for us and said cut it out.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Professionalism
Still makes the same blunders he made at our club.
Costly.
Can see him making an almighty stuff-up that costs them the game next week, he is sketchy at best under the high ball.
Is fast at the Storm, was fast with WT. Is good for an error or 2 in him per game, as he was at WT. Nothing new about him despite what Johns bros and other assorted barrel-benders would have us believe.
The Fox could very well Fox-up big time on the grand stage next week, he is messy.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 3:02 am

Had no interest in watching what was sure to be a bludger of a game between the two cities and seems I was correct. Despite torrential rain, looking to catch hermit crabs near a tropical shore was much more appealing this afternoon, but will definitely watch what should be some decent football tomorrow even if just on my phone.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 8:43 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:41 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Professionalism
Still makes the same blunders he made at our club.
Costly.
Can see him making an almighty stuff-up that costs them the game next week, he is sketchy at best under the high ball.
Is fast at the Storm, was fast with WT. Is good for an error or 2 in him per game, as he was at WT. Nothing new about him despite what Johns bros and other assorted barrel-benders would have us believe.
The Fox could very well Fox-up big time on the grand stage next week, he is messy.
JAC could either lose a GF with his hands or win one with his feet.

He's lucky he's in a team that can defend his mistakes, but I'll take him over MWZ and Nofo all day every day.
No substitute for speed, speed kills.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 9:23 am

His (JAC) speed is something else. Genuinely the fastest player in rugby league at the moment. Love watching him get in open space, and just like Koroibete before him, Melbourne have the knack of finding space for him.

People might argue James Roberts is faster but he's been so horribly under utilised by the broncos this year you honestly wouldn't know.

On a side note, how much love does the rest of the team have for JAC? You can see how they get when he scores - not just the final series, but club games as well.

Also plenty of man-love shown for Solomona's try as well - they are a real close knit bunch down there, and the adversarial way of doing things has really worked for their culture.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:23 am

I love watching the Storm they are what every team needs to aspire to. I really hope they win the GF next week.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:10 am

underdog wrote:
Sat 23 Sep, 2017 9:23 am
His (JAC) speed is something else. Genuinely the fastest player in rugby league at the moment. Love watching him get in open space, and just like Koroibete before him, Melbourne have the knack of finding space for him.

People might argue James Roberts is faster but he's been so horribly under utilised by the broncos this year you honestly wouldn't know.

On a side note, how much love does the rest of the team have for JAC? You can see how they get when he scores - not just the final series, but club games as well.

Also plenty of man-love shown for Solomona's try as well - they are a real close knit bunch down there, and the adversarial way of doing things has really worked for their culture.

From being given only minimal chances in the first grade side of a team who ran second last in 2016 to playing in (and most likely winning) a Grand Final with the number one team in the comp in just 12 short months! I'd say JAC is pretty happy right about now. How quickly fortunes can change.

Te Maire Martin gets a shot at it too - who would've thought so early in his career? Some players are never that fortunate throughout their entire careers!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:11 am

They deserve to win it. They've been the best side by a mile and are the only side that has been consistent all year. I'm sure the Cronk factor has lifted them.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:15 am

underdog wrote:

I agree under-utilised, but I thought the speed with which he scored that grubber chase against the Roosters showed just how explosive he is.

Jimmy Jet has that almost instant turn of pace and strength to hold his running line, whereas though JAC takes a little longer to hit stride, I think JAC more sustained over a distance. I also don't think JAC has that strength in run to go shoulder-to-shoulder with strong defenders.

So different sorts of speed I would say. I'd back JAC in open space but I'd back Jet in crowded space.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 1:14 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:15 am
underdog wrote:

I agree under-utilised, but I thought the speed with which he scored that grubber chase against the Roosters showed just how explosive he is.

Jimmy Jet has that almost instant turn of pace and strength to hold his running line, whereas though JAC takes a little longer to hit stride, I think JAC more sustained over a distance. I also don't think JAC has that strength in run to go shoulder-to-shoulder with strong defenders.

So different sorts of speed I would say. I'd back JAC in open space but I'd back Jet in crowded space.
Roberts hits full flight very quickly - it's as if he has only two speeds, shuffling across field, and full tilt.

JAC as shown last night, conciously hits the throttle from a fast jog - perfect example after he'd stepped darius boyd he took two steps THEN put on the afterburners.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 7:50 pm

Classy work by Morgo.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 7:53 pm

One thing ive noticed during the cows run is that they have a glaring weakness in their side.
TMM is a very error riddled player. He lets them down constantly. Very overhyped.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 23 Sep, 2017 8:01 pm

No pack on top yet
No more plodders!
:sign: