NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Finals series 2017 *Spoilers

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:11 pm

dazza65 wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:47 pm
Flanagan and Gallen, always have been classless. Always will be.
Humility is not in their vocabulary

tigerap
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:11 pm

Gee crowds were poor for the semis

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:12 pm

Hehehehe Flanagan, what a blouse! That press conference was a beauty. Would make a brilliant Kleenex ad.
Well done to the Cows, a real gutsy win.

Ah well, the drug cheats are gone at least. Now next weekend we have the Panthers playing the unofficial salary cap cheats for the right to play the original and best salary cap cheats in one prelim final, and the Cowboys playing another official salary cap cheat for the right to play another of the NRL's unofficial salary cap cheats in the other prelim final. Welcome to finals time NRL-style!
Go Panthers and Cowboys, good luck to both clubs and may one of them go all the way to the premiership. Only then will justice eventually be done for season 2017.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by oldprop » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:39 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:11 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:47 pm
Flanagan and Gallen, always have been classless. Always will be.
Humility is not in their vocabulary
More front than a rat with a gold tooth. Gallen goes for the hero play when his team is setting for a field goal. He looses the ball like an idiot and it's everybody else's fault. No shame at all. Club should get rid of him.
Need more props.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 12:05 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 10:24 pm
maxxy86 wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 9:44 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 9:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 5:52 pm
Fifita is going to be a fat slob 10 years after he retires.
I didn't realise he retired 10 years ago....
Very true he was buggered out there the last 10 of regular time....the cowboys exploited him brilliantly. Bad coaching by Flannigan right there having the big lump out there.
Comparing that dope to Artie Beetson was ridiculous. I reckon he is very overrated and wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back when front rowers were the real enforcers. His last play earlier tonight was comical.
It was shades of his time with us, running across field, trying to fend.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 12:32 am

tigerap wrote:
It was held at Brissie - a good idea gone bad I think. Was a shocking look.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 12:33 am

I felt sorry for Fafita - he will regret today for rest of his life.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

LARDS
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by LARDS » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 5:31 am

Gee there's alot of whinging going on about refs. But as a neutral observer I thought they got most of them right. Except for the Melbourne forward pass. There were a lot of tough decisions too.
But you were always going to get whinges from flnno, Barret and Arthur

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 7:42 am

Refing has been ordinary, but it has been the case for some time now.

Happy to see the Sharks get done. Since gallons dive against us I've been waiting for karma to bight them on the bum.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 8:25 am

Sharks didn't deserve to win that. Their forwards were making plenty of metres but didn't share the ball with their backs. When you've got Holmes & Bird in your backline why wouldn't you spread the ball?

Well done to the cowboys. Imagine what they'd do if JT & Scott were fit.

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 8:43 am

tigerap wrote:
As I said on another forum, the telecrap want us out of the comp and we draw near semi final crowds to end of season games with no bearing on the result. A strong Weststigers team would draw at least 25000 of its own following in a finals game plus what the other mob pull in. Manly have been the same for decades, they will not cross the bridge and Iam surprised that the Penny fans were not there in droves

Telltails
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 8:46 am

Flannagan went off like a pork chop, should have cooled down before the presser. As I recall was very philosophical about referering decisions when in similar circumstances Cronulla beat the Cows with a try on the seventh tackle a couple of years back.
Admire what he has done with that side but they should have won that game and there tactics didnt work and no amount of throwing arms up in the air after every decision was going to win it for them.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 8:49 am

Good weekend of footy. A few ordinary calls but that's no different to any other round. Good teams beat the whistle. Flanagan was an embarrassment, comedy plus for the neutral audience especially how he's harped on in the past about being on the favoured end of suss decisions.

Glad to see Parra get done, hope the Cowboys do them in next week and send them out in straight sets, I want to see Blisters crying into his jersey.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Telltails
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 9:06 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 11 Sep, 2017 8:43 am
tigerap wrote:
As I said on another forum, the telecrap want us out of the comp and we draw near semi final crowds to end of season games with no bearing on the result. A strong Weststigers team would draw at least 25000 of its own following in a finals game plus what the other mob pull in. Manly have been the same for decades, they will not cross the bridge and Iam surprised that the Penny fans were not there in droves

Getting around Sydney these days is a nightmare and add roadtolls, parking fees to the cost of your ticket price if you do take your car - Alliance becoming less attractive as a venue to draw good crowds.Only convenient for inner city dwellers. Makes watching it on TV a much more attractive option for many fans.
Its a problem for the NRL that they really can not do much about.
Agree about our fans support - based on the crowds for the Easter Monday -- game a Parra/ West Tigers final would have been a blockbuster.

colmcd
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 9:29 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 10 Sep, 2017 11:12 pm
Hehehehe Flanagan, what a blouse! That press conference was a beauty. Would make a brilliant Kleenex ad.
Well done to the Cows, a real gutsy win.

Ah well, the drug cheats are gone at least. Now next weekend we have the Panthers playing the unofficial salary cap cheats for the right to play the original and best salary cap cheats in one prelim final, and the Cowboys playing another official salary cap cheat for the right to play another of the NRL's unofficial salary cap cheats in the other prelim final. Welcome to finals time NRL-style!
Go Panthers and Cowboys, good luck to both clubs and may one of them go all the way to the premiership. Only then will justice eventually be done for season 2017.
I actually feel sorry for Parramatta on their cap management. Melbourne seemed to blur the edges to get a superstar side. Parramatta had no IDEA what they were doing! They blew the cap too.... Chase the spoon! Which is hilarious as they fire Michael Hagan who got them to the premiership because he was too casual, then they put Michael in charge of Salary cap management?

How on earth Brad Arthur gets up in the morning, no idea. Seriously Parra should have changed their colours to white facepaint with red nozes and green hair. Hats off to Brad for sticking and STICKING to the team through the troubles they have had.

I'm going to go for the Eels. Yes there is no one I really want to go for and I will cheer Penrith, though I can see them fading... Yes I might not cheer their 5/8 but I can cheer the team.

jirskyr
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 11:01 am

Thing about Gallen, he's never wrong in his own head. He can't ever see the opposition's position.

He gets pinged for a dropped ball yesterday and there was some ruck interference, sure, but there is always ruck interference of some kind and you don't get all the calls. In my opinion he was trying to milk a penalty with 2 mins to go in front of the sticks, and I think the refs were wise to him.

That's Gallen. He's always been willing to risk an error or mistake to jag a penalty. He did it to us in our first match when the Tedesco try was disallowed following Woods brushing him with his arm. If you are going to risk milking penalties, you gotta accept that they are at best 50/50, or at worst you end up like Robbie Farah and the refs just start ignoring you even for legit penalties.

Maloney never should have grabbed Lowe and personally I'm fine with his sin-binning - there is precedent now for these professional fouls and the bin has been broadly utilised recently. Sure players are jostled and run off the ball all the time but there's a clear difference between changing your line and shouldering vs sticking your arm out to coathang a guy who is chasing a grabber on the try line.

Maloney got done for being dumb enough and obvious enough to be caught.

And Storm showed, even if you cop a sin bin, if you are good enough you can overcome that penalty and still win. Sharkies still had plenty of chances to win that game, but failed to execute.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 12:49 pm

Didn't see the start of the Sharpies game, but apparently they benefited from a dodgy call which resulted in a try?
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

wt00
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 1:40 pm

Rothfield's tears are delicious 😂😂
The star of the team is the team.

Return to “National Rugby League”