Finals series 2017 *Spoilers

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: Finals series 2017 *Spoilers

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:20 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:48 pm
You would think Paul Green would go with the same 17 that has got the Cows into the GF and have the mojo going at the moment.
Could really disrupt team morale if a player is asked to make way for someone who has missed the last 18 weeks or so. Gotta keep the hot hand going IMO.
Also a massive risk playing an underdone bloke in a GF, match fitness is everything.
Go Cows, bring home one of the most impressive GF victories in RL history and make a dull year memorable.
Longer than 18 weeks. He did his knee in round 1.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:33 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 5:48 am
Hes gone with the 17 that have done the job....I think they can get the job done too, I like the Cowboys against Melbs structure...I think itll be closer than most think
And are clearly the form team.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:54 am

gallagher wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:33 am
innsaneink wrote:
Hes gone with the 17 that have done the job....I think they can get the job done too, I like the Cowboys against Melbs structure...I think itll be closer than most think
I don't think the Storm who have been the only consistent team all year have done anything to be dethroned as the form team.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 9:50 am

Yeah I wouldn't bring him in. He's been out for weeks. Might be fit, but will he be a fit for the team. The 17 there have been there all year. JT on the other hand I'd make room for.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 9:55 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:20 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:48 pm
You would think Paul Green would go with the same 17 that has got the Cows into the GF and have the mojo going at the moment.
Could really disrupt team morale if a player is asked to make way for someone who has missed the last 18 weeks or so. Gotta keep the hot hand going IMO.
Also a massive risk playing an underdone bloke in a GF, match fitness is everything.
Go Cows, bring home one of the most impressive GF victories in RL history and make a dull year memorable.
Longer than 18 weeks. He did his knee in round 1.
Man, the Storm just seem so complete. Yet the Cows are just going gangbusters. Seriously Cows - JT - Matt Scott and they make the finals.... That is an effort I respect.

What do you do as Paul Green. Do you put JT in? Do you put in Matt Scott?

Either way I totally respect a team going from 8th to this spot.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 10:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:54 am
gallagher wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:33 am
innsaneink wrote:
I don't think the Storm who have been the only consistent team all year have done anything to be dethroned as the form team.
They've been consistent all year but I think the cows are the form team right now. Melb are looking a bit scratchy to me, but still won by 30..
It's gonna be real close I reckon.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 10:56 am

innsaneink wrote:
So do I. The Cows will play carefree footy with the mindset of a team who know they are really in a bonus situation by even being given a lifeline by the Dragons to make the 8. I like what I'm seeing in the interviews of the Cows players- they are relaxed and saying "let's enjoy it all and play what we see" whereas the Scorn players all look a bit nervous and trot out crap like "we will just do what we've been doing all year"... the same tripe they were spouting before last seasons' GF loss.
Hopefully Lady Luck is playing for NQ and the little things go their way, if they get a lead Melbourne will start to pucker around the rear end IMO.......players like JAC, Vunivalu, Arse of a Solomona etc have plenty of errors in them and could very well wilt under GF pressure.
Go them Cowboys!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:45 am

Idk why stating you're just going to do what you've done all year is a sign of nervousness. When you have beaten all comers and finished 6 points ahead of second, it seems they are just stating the bleeding obvious. Why not keep doing what they've been doing?

As far as the Cows, to say they don't have any pressure on them is a bit ignorant. They will have close to 90% of the RL community behind them, if not higher. Plus, they have shown the last few weeks how gutsy they are and how they can mix it with anybody. There would be some level expectation that they can do it again. You don't come this far and still feel like you have nothing to lose.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 1:34 pm

Going off finals form, this is probably the closest GF we could've had. I don't think any other team besides the Cows could come close to Melbourne. In saying that, if the storm click on Sunday it could well be a massacre.

Wouldn't it be something to see the Cows win it though, TMM gives his premiership ring to JT, talk about full circle.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 2:58 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:45 am
Idk why stating you're just going to do what you've done all year is a sign of nervousness. When you have beaten all comers and finished 6 points ahead of second, it seems they are just stating the bleeding obvious. Why not keep doing what they've been doing?

As far as the Cows, to say they don't have any pressure on them is a bit ignorant. They will have close to 90% of the RL community behind them, if not higher. Plus, they have shown the last few weeks how gutsy they are and how they can mix it with anybody. There would be some level expectation that they can do it again. You don't come this far and still feel like you have nothing to lose.
Pretty ignorant of someone to state that anybody on here has said the Cowboys have nothing to lose. Of course they freaking have.
Would love nothing more than to see NQ show the same carefree attitude that has carried them to this point (Morgan's mid-set kick to the flank that went within a bounce of coming off big time early in the match vs Parra for example), put a few tries on the Scorn early and watch the pressure melt them.
Go Cows

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 3:13 pm

so is the reason we lost te maire because we were invested in Moses?

At that time end of 2015 i don't believe moses was committed long term? i dont see why we couldn't have kept him in the team in case something happened. I'm still guttered we lost him.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 4:22 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 3:13 pm
so is the reason we lost te maire because we were invested in Moses?

At that time end of 2015 i don't believe moses was committed long term? i dont see why we couldn't have kept him in the team in case something happened. I'm still guttered we lost him.
Moses was signed till the end of 2016 with an option for 2017 ...so effectively 2 more years...

I bet Penrith are spewing with what's transpired there with their 5/8ths...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 4:53 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 2:58 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:45 am

Pretty ignorant of someone to state that anybody on here has said the Cowboys have nothing to lose. Of course they freaking have.
Would love nothing more than to see NQ show the same carefree attitude that has carried them to this point (Morgan's mid-set kick to the flank that went within a bounce of coming off big time early in the match vs Parra for example), put a few tries on the Scorn early and watch the pressure melt them.
Go Cows
To say they are just going to go out and play carefree is ignorant and does imply they have nothing to lose. That might have been the mindset against the Sharks, but it won't be this week.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:53 pm

NYC 20s GF looks to be all over after only 15 mins... Parra all over Manly

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:56 pm

Just heard on the commentary that a player had recently become a dad

It is disturbing how people under 20 are already having kids!

That Parra winger looks good

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 2:04 pm

Yes Greg Leleisiuao is very strong(130m in 25 mins) . Ray Stone having a good game too

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 2:09 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 2:04 pm
Yes Greg Leleisiuao is very strong(130m in 25 mins) . Ray Stone having a good game too
That is Taumalolo numbers, it is only U20's but that is impressive

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 2:16 pm

Well he is a winger and made one long run from memory... Manly defense has tightened or Parra have reduced their intensity