Basket Cases

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Dan Blanco

Re: Basket Cases

Post by Dan Blanco » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 1:04 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 6:18 pm
I wouldn't think the "its all good cuz-bro", funky-handshaking Warriors boys would handle Madge's fire and brimstone coaching style with his psychotic fingerpointing sermons. They would walk en masse IMO.
They definitely need an intense coach to shake things up in their club but can't see it happening in the near future.
Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:04 am
Let the Bulldogs rot.
A majority 9f their "fans" are only interested in forming packs and intimidating families and people on their own who are just there to watch the footy. Scumbags. Let their club be dictated to by these vermin, it will be the death of them.
Can't make your points without the racial undertones hey - you sad little man.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 1:53 am

Dan Blanco wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 1:04 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 6:18 pm
I wouldn't think the "its all good cuz-bro", funky-handshaking Warriors boys would handle Madge's fire and brimstone coaching style with his psychotic fingerpointing sermons. They would walk en masse IMO.
They definitely need an intense coach to shake things up in their club but can't see it happening in the near future.
Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:04 am
Let the Bulldogs rot.
A majority 9f their "fans" are only interested in forming packs and intimidating families and people on their own who are just there to watch the footy. Scumbags. Let their club be dictated to by these vermin, it will be the death of them.
Can't make your points without the racial undertones hey - you sad little man.
Bit touchy eh bud, you seem to have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. Well done for that at least. Geez there are some bed-wetters around these days. Not sure what "racial undertones" are upsetting you but neither post mentioned anything harsh that's for sure. Laughable case of PC gone wild.

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 3:22 am

Too much vermin, too many Leb scumbag members @ the dogs, and the 'cuz-bro' mentality can't be coached according to you. Haaa, but PC gone wild?
You don't know me - and this has nothing to do with politics either you melon.
I know YOUR type though. You're a typical coward that refuses to stand behind his own beliefs & hides behind a laptop once confronted - It's all good though.

I enjoy reading most of the opinions and analysis on the forum, but, it seems as if the place is being overrun by old rednecks, drunks, and haters with nothing better to do than to ping-pong-post between one another online...

I'll tell you what though; the sooner the season starts the quicker I can get back to reading some of the more insightful & colorful commentaries on here, so I'm just going to let you carry on...don't even bother with a reply. I'm leaving you to it.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:15 pm

Can't see for the life of me where I mentioned your so-called "Lebs" in my post mate, jumping to your own conclusions can make a person look pretty idiotic when they do that. As for me being a keyboard coward "hiding behind my beliefs", are you not aware that you are in the exact same situation? My belief is that many of the Bulldogs fans/members couldnt give a rats bum about the actual footy but love the intimidation factor of knobbing around in big packs looking to start up on opposition fans, have seen it first-hand.
Save the assumption-jumping and hand wringing for somewhere else, this isnt Four Corners

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:05 pm
It would be hard to cop if the dogs parra and cocks all make finals and we dont
That's the KOD right there Ink, well done mate...
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 7:04 pm

What about Parra being the basketcases of 2018?
First talk of Corey being up to mischief in off season.
Then Haynes personal law suit and now.....
PARRAMATTA recruit Tony Williams has appeared in court on Wednesday after being charged with drink driving in December.

Williams, who was given a one-year lifeline from Eels coach Brad Arthur, had immediately informed the club of the incident.

The NRL integrity unit was made aware by the club.

The Eels released a statement on Thursday, which read: “Parramatta National Rugby League Club (PNRL) player Tony Williams appeared in court yesterday regarding a drink driving incident that took place last month.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:19 pm

from News.com.au

Anthony Watmough unloads on former Manly teammate Daly Cherry-Evans.

FORMER NRL star Anthony Watmough has sensationally slammed his former teammate Daly Cherry-Evans.

FORMER Manly and NSW enforcer Anthony Watmough has blasted ex-teammate Daly Cherry-Evans, labelling him selfish and a “f***wit”.

There have long been rumours the Sea Eagles halfback is far from the most popular player in the league, and those reports were loudest when senior players like Watmough and the Stewart brothers — Brett and Glenn — were still running around at Manly.

It was reported senior players in the Manly set-up didn’t get along with the playmaker and Watmough revealed in no uncertain terms how much he rubbed teammates the wrong way.

Watmough made the claims on the Hello Sports Podcast, during which he said Cherry-Evans “turned into a f***wit” after making his NRL debut in 2011.

The back-rower said one half of the Manly board “loved the younger guys”, which gave Cherry-Evans more power than he deserved, and revealed the No. 7 threatened not to turn up to training unless he was given more money, which is where he lost the playing group.

“They (the board) really took a liking to Cherry-Evans. So after 2011, Dessie (former coach Des Hasler) left and so I sort of heard whispers, well it wasn’t whispers, it was on the back page of the f***ing paper (DCE demanding more money),” Watmough said.

“We had a team meeting, I told Chezza to stay back and I said, ‘Mate what’s this we hear about what I’m reading in the papers?’

“I said, ‘Mate you just signed a f***ing four-year deal, you turn up to training.’ He goes, ‘Nup. My manager told me not to (turn up to training unless Manly pays him more).’

“Told him not to turn up to training, not to give a f*** about the boys. I’ve looked after him, gave him whatever he wanted as a kid, always made sure he didn’t want for anything.

“And so I said to him, ‘Mate, you know what we (the senior players) have sacrificed to stay together, to be successful. Your time will come.’

“He just looked me straight in the eye and went, ‘Nah, not turning up.’ So I just went, ‘F*** you.’”

Daly Cherry-Evans is a polarising figure.Source:Getty Images

Watmough said he told coach Geoff Toovey to play hard ball and punish Cherry-Evans if he failed to turn up to training. But in the end the Manly mentor succumbed to board pressure, and that’s where he lost Watmough’s trust.

“I’ve walked out and went to Tooves and said, ‘Don’t give him any money. You’ve got him by the balls. If he doesn’t turn up (to training), fine him.’ And Tooves just succumbed to the board,” Watmough said.

“Next thing we know he (Cherry-Evans) is up around the $500,000 mark after being on $50,000 (a year). So that’s where Tooves stopped worrying about the players and started worrying about his own back.

“The board wanted Cherry-Evans … Tooves chose one side of the board over the players and that’s where he lost me.”

Manly has courted controversy this season when it was reported players had approached coach Trent Barrett and said they were no longer willing to play alongside Jackson Hastings. Hastings was dumped to reserve grade and hasn’t been sighted in the senior side since.

Watmough said although he doesn’t know Hastings personally, he’s in no doubt Cherry-Evans — among others — likely bullied him “into a corner” to the point where his place at the club became untenable.

Watmough likened the situation to other dramas that have unfolded on Sydney’s northern beaches and said the one common factor in everything is Cherry-Evans.

Watmough and Cherry-Evans didn’t get along.Source:News Limited

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see he has probably p***ed one too manly people off in the game,” Watmough said. “I think people are starting to see it for what it is.

“They thought we (senior players) were the issue and then we left. Then the next year Tooves (Geoff Toovey) was the issue, then they got rid of him. And then all of a sudden poor Jackson Hastings.

“I don’t really know the guy. I know people have different opinions of everyone but they, because Cherry-Evans didn’t like him, they f***ing bullied him into a corner which was pretty poor on the club’s behalf I think.

“Cherry-Evans was in the thick of it then. There’s only so much one person can be involved before people start to realise, ‘Maybe we’re barking up the wrong tree here.’”

Watmough said he has great respect for Manly coach Trent Barrett but believes singling out Hastings and marking his cards was the “only s*** thing he’s done at the club”.

Watmough also said he’s relieved to finally get issues off his chest that have been weighing him down since he left Manly at the end of 2014.

“People are going to hate me for coming out and saying this but people have to know at the end of the day what the real situation was,” Watmough said. “I didn’t even want to speak about it but there comes a time when I feel that I had to.

“I didn’t even want to do any of these podcasts again until a mate asked me for your guys and I thought, ‘F*** it, I’m not going to hold onto it anymore.’

“I seriously hold onto that everyday and that’s the only thing that has stopped me from letting go of everything — because I haven’t told my side, the real side that people didn’t get to hear. They’ve been told many different things and read things that (aren’t true).

“I feel a weight being lifted off my chest I’m being honest. I’ve just been holding onto that.”
in Ivan we distrust

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:33 pm

Interesting article but not as much of a surprise as many would think.Many Manly supporters have known for years what DCE is like as a person it is fairly common knowledge.When the situation with Hastings blew up earlier this year it just confirmed what many thought

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:36 pm

Nobody likes us, not even us.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Milky

Post by Milky » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:59 pm

Good on Watmough.

Hastings deserves a second chance.

I’d take him to play dummy half.

Cant believe we haven’t inquired yet!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 2:15 pm

Milky wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:59 pm
Good on Watmough.

Good call Milky, he would certainly be better than what we have

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 2:17 pm

It’s obvious DCE is bad news but from all accounts Hastings runs a close second. No DH policy - stick to your values
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:19 am

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/andre ... bf4cb5f69b

Andrew Johns reckons the basket teams should be euthanized to make room for more foreign state teams.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:28 am

Milky wrote:
Wed 13 Jun, 2018 1:59 pm
Good on Watmough.

He’s no saint, regardless of DCE. Left the Roosters in similar fashion.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:30 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:19 am

Andrew Johns reckons the basket teams should be euthanized to make room for more foreign state teams.
Too many mind altering medications in Joeys brain.Wonderful way to get rid of all existing Sydney teams and have 4 new merged entities i can really see that working.Destroy the biggest supporter base in the game.

clifferdSH

Post by clifferdSH » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:21 am

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:30 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Too many mind altering medications in Joeys brain.Wonderful way to get rid of all existing Sydney teams and have 4 new merged entities i can really see that working.Destroy the biggest supporter base in the game.
Joey: We need to make it a true national competition, while lowering the number of teams to 12

10 seconds later

Joey: We need a 2nd team in New Zealand and a 2nd team in Brisbane

Not the brightest spark is he

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:25 am

clifferdSH wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 11:21 am
jadtiger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:30 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Joey: We need to make it a true national competition, while lowering the number of teams to 12

10 seconds later

Joey: We need a 2nd team in New Zealand and a 2nd team in Brisbane

Not the brightest spark is he
He was a champion footballer but if he had to rely on his brains to make a living he would starve to death

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 12:00 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Joey lost the plot.

Although if we kick the cheats out...
We will smash em 50+ get on.