Why Sydneysiders should support the Roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15927
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Why Sydneysiders should support the Roosters

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:30 am

It'll a huge achievement if the Cows knock Melbourne off sans JT and Scott.

A great time for them to be hitting their straps, Melbourne will be ready for them though.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 265 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:07 am

21765003_936818229800318_3951559417736789132_n.jpg
21765003_936818229800318_3951559417736789132_n.jpg (85.85 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Awe...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15927
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:55 am

Did you give it to your young bloke Geo?
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by wt00 » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 12:38 pm

Good job cowboys 😀
The star of the team is the team.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 265 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 4:02 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:55 am
Did you give it to your young bloke Geo?
Not too much CB as given our ladder position I didn't feel I had the moral high ground...as mentioned in the Finals thread the was a highlight ..after Fergo scored he asked me if I wanted to go to the GF,,? Then after Morgan kicked the FG...I asked him if he wanted to go to the GF. .? the response can't be published here...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 6:17 pm

Geo - just wondering what you've done wrong to have a kid turn out so bad.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15927
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:48 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 4:02 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:55 am
Did you give it to your young bloke Geo?
Not too much CB as given our ladder position I didn't feel I had the moral high ground...as mentioned in the Finals thread the was a highlight ..after Fergo scored he asked me if I wanted to go to the GF,,? Then after Morgan kicked the FG...I asked him if he wanted to go to the GF. .? the response can't be published here...
In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby: if you're not first, you're last.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:06 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 8:11 pm
mike wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 7:49 pm
I’ll be barracking for the Cowboys in the GF. I can never support those Melbourne cheats.
But they didnt cheat mate, just ask them.
They still dribble on that they did nothing wrong.
Up the Cows next week!
I've tried hard to like Melbourne over the years, I really have, but I just find it impossible to support them with any real enthusiasm. I know they are, and have always been, a great team/club, however I can't help but think that their inception into the League was one of the major reasons for the demise of both our clubs as single entities. And that will always hurt.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4750
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:34 am

A quick browse of the Chookpen forum provides a great giggle, they want to get rid of basically every player in the club, the coach and anyone else associated with the Rorters over the last few seasons.
Plenty of calls for buying even MORE of other clubs' players: is that even possible? Uncle Nick is the only bloke that gets off scot-free......they like his dirty money and creative accounting practices apparently.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:46 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:34 am
A quick browse of the Chookpen forum provides a great giggle, they want to get rid of basically every player in the club, the coach and anyone else associated with the Rorters over the last few seasons.
Plenty of calls for buying even MORE of other clubs' players: is that even possible? Uncle Nick is the only bloke that gets off scot-free......they like his dirty money and creative accounting practices apparently.
This is hilarious.

Please provide quotes.... Wow Trent Robertson has only got you to the Semi finals with a team that wasn't in the 8 last year..... Yea your fans are blasting you.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4750
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:56 am

I can understand Rorters fans being pretty filthy with Robinson's tactic of putting an injured winger on the bench though, that was a braindead decision.
Have a look on Chookpen colmcd, there are plenty of memorable quotes as well as the standard bleating about how Easts are always getting cheated by the refs.....the Cowboys were offside all night according to Chooks fans and got away with strips, forward passes etc. It's a hoot!

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 1:12 pm

OMG this is such good value (from the chookpen).

"Cant agree.. Weve blown it too many times.. I also think we were lucky in the 2013 GF, we were struggling until SBW stepped up with a forward pass etc..

the point is we have rarely been convincing under Robbo & he has got one of the best squads in the NRL to work with"...

"The popularity of Robbo will come at the detriment long term to this club."

"Head Coach: JT
Assistant: Player management and communications - Robbo.

Still prefer it...JT has a great footy brain is a master tactician." (admittedly this guy did get flamed later).

User avatar
greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 1:36 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 1:12 pm
OMG this is such good value (from the chookpen).

"Cant agree.. Weve blown it too many times.. I also think we were lucky in the 2013 GF, we were struggling until SBW stepped up with a forward pass etc..

the point is we have rarely been convincing under Robbo & he has got one of the best squads in the NRL to work with"...

"The popularity of Robbo will come at the detriment long term to this club."

"Head Coach: JT
Assistant: Player management and communications - Robbo.

Still prefer it...JT has a great footy brain is a master tactician." (admittedly this guy did get flamed later).

I'd double like this if I could Col!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2239
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 3:12 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 1:12 pm
OMG this is such good value (from the chookpen).

"Cant agree.. Weve blown it too many times.. I also think we were lucky in the 2013 GF, we were struggling until SBW stepped up with a forward pass etc..

the point is we have rarely been convincing under Robbo & he has got one of the best squads in the NRL to work with"...

"The popularity of Robbo will come at the detriment long term to this club."

"Head Coach: JT
Assistant: Player management and communications - Robbo.

Still prefer it...JT has a great footy brain is a master tactician." (admittedly this guy did get flamed later).
JT wouldnt last a season at the roosters they demand results

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 6:21 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 1:12 pm
OMG this is such good value (from the chookpen).

"Cant agree.. Weve blown it too many times.. I also think we were lucky in the 2013 GF, we were struggling until SBW stepped up with a forward pass etc..

the point is we have rarely been convincing under Robbo & he has got one of the best squads in the NRL to work with"...

"The popularity of Robbo will come at the detriment long term to this club."

"Head Coach: JT
Assistant: Player management and communications - Robbo.

Still prefer it...JT has a great footy brain is a master tactician." (admittedly this guy did get flamed later).

That's GOLD! :lol: Disappointment can breed such stupidity sometimes.

Post Reply

Return to “National Rugby League”