Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:13 pm
TopTiger wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 12:01 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:51 am
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 11:19 am
Also did you read apparently the Des Hasler contract extension for 2018+ was non-binding? I look forward to the court battle.
How was it non binding?
Supposedly signed a heads of agreement and not a contract.
Ah OK, cheers.
Like I said, a million to one that Dessie doesn't hire his favourite lawyer and take that to court. Dogs will be forced to settle, no doubts about it. Des might not get the full value of his "heads of agreement" but it will cost Dogs hundreds of thousands if not millions to either defeat him in court or reach an agreement.

You would expect that Des' lawyers and manager would have know at the time of "heads of agreement" extension that there might be blood in the water at end of season and not made an agreement that left Des totally out to dry.

BTW I had to look up what a HoA was, wikipedia:
A set of heads of agreement, heads of terms or letter of intent is a non-binding document outlining the main issues relevant to a tentative (partnership or other) agreement.[1] A heads of agreement document will only be enforceable when it is adopted into a parent contract and subsequently agreed upon, unless otherwise stated. Until that point, a heads of agreement will not be legally binding (See Fletcher Challenge Energy Ltd v Electricity Corp of New Zealand Ltd [2002] 2 NZLR 433).

However, such documents can be legally binding if the agreement document contains terms or language that expressly indicates the binding intention. Equally, a letter which contains no express indication of whether its terms were intended to be binding, can be found to be binding due to language used.

So we are being told now that Dogs announce Des' extension a few months ago and actually the terms and issues were written on a bit of toilet paper in lead pencil? How many other NRL contracts are done in this manner, and is this the same thing that Fifita had when he had that fight with the Dogs over revocation of contract?

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 1:49 pm

I wished he stayed and drove them further into the dust.

colmcd
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 2:06 pm

Telltails wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 8:26 am
Moving on Reynolds and Graham and getting rid of Des at the same time is probably the change the club needed to move forward. All great servants to the club but they got the best that they were able to give. A fresh approach to the start of the season can only be a good thing.
Might be short a couple of players next year to make a real impact, but like others dont think they will be down for long, if at all.
You are kidding.

The people you move on are your big ticket names, not your club faithful.
Des positioned Kieran to take over at 5/8 because he knows how to get the best out of him. Now they have screwed over Reynolds, the team is in disarray. They tackled Graham and you will start to see players playing like it is a business, not for club love. Yet the Bulldogs have been moving away from the Family club mantra for a long time now.

Manly, you saw a team that played for club love against the rest of the world.

Now we will see a coaching round about. Des may go origin, if Manly were smart they would pick him and drain the dogs roster. NZ should offer him good coin, he would go gangbusters down there. Likewise titans or Souths could fit him well.

I have thought with Cleary that there would be better coaches on the market like Des or McGuire. However we appear to have jumped this coaching merrygoround early. Lets see how Cleary does with our roster, he has got to be wanting a premiership*.

*No we should not aim for a Premiereship, but we should aim to be regularly in the top 8. Club first before silverware.

wt00
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by wt00 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 2:12 pm

No get out clause for Foran via slothfield.
The star of the team is the team.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 2:38 pm

Telltails wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 8:26 am
Moving on Reynolds and Graham and getting rid of Des at the same time is probably the change the club needed to move forward. All great servants to the club but they got the best that they were able to give. A fresh approach to the start of the season can only be a good thing.
Might be short a couple of players next year to make a real impact, but like others dont think they will be down for long, if at all.
Yep and at least they sacked him now and not 3 weeks into the new season! The way the Dogs finished this year, with 3 wins in a row, was as good as if not better than we did. With a new coach, some fresh blood and the shedding of a few stale players I can't see any reason why they won't do ok next year. They still have enough class in the side, especially if they hang onto Liccha.

the third
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by the third » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 3:06 pm

PAYTEN EMERGES AS POTENTIAL DES REPLACEMENT

Aaron Woods has called for Canterbury to quickly appoint a new NRL coach to replace Des Hasler as Todd Payten emerges as a top candidate. Payten is among a field of early possibilities for the Bulldogs’ top job after veteran Hasler’s sacking on Tuesday.

Former Bulldogs players Dean Pay and Jim Dymock, as well as sacked Souths coach Michael Maguire, are also believed to be on the shortlist.

Currently working under Paul Green at North Queensland, the former Wests Tigers prop Payten has also been mooted as a candidate for the Gold Coast job. He has a close link with incoming forward Woods having worked with the former Tigers captain as both a teammate and an assistant coach.

Woods spoke glowingly of him earlier this season when he was considered a candidate to replace Jason Taylor at the Tigers.

Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib said on Tuesday the club would begin the search for a new coach immediately.

Woods, who arrives at the club in November, did not give his preference for the appointment on Wednesday morning but backed Dib to resolve the matter. “Hopefully they move on quickly and don’t stall for so long,” Woods told Sky Sports Radio.

“I’ve got all the faith in the world in the club. Ray will handle it well. They’re a strong board. They’re a club that don’t like to let things hang over their heads.

“I’m just looking for a fresh start and really getting to know all the players and just can’t wait to buy into the new culture obviously the new coach is going to start.

“Whoever they go for, I’m sure all the boys will give 110 per cent for and work our backsides off to move Canterbury to the top eight.” Of the other candidates, Pay has also been in talks with English Super League club Warrington, while Maguire is considered a front-runner at the Titans. Dymock, an assistant at the Bulldogs, also confirmed earlier this month he would throw his hand up for the role if it became available - but is off-contract at the club this summer.

“The club believes the decision to change our football leadership was absolutely necessary,” Dib said.

It is believed Dib spoke to incoming half Kieran Foran about the situation last week, given his close bond with Hasler.

Foran won a premiership under the former Manly mentor in 2011, and has made no secret of the fact Hasler played a key role in attracting him to the club for next year from the Warriors.

Despite that, the 27-year-old is not believed have a get-out clause in his contract that would allow him to follow Hasler out of the club. Dib called Woods on Tuesday night after the Bulldogs’ decision was made public to inform him of the coaching situation.

- AAP

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 4947d5d974

Tiger Steve
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 3:59 pm

So now Woods is the player spokesperson for the Bulldogs. That should work out well!

jirskyr
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:08 pm

Innit nice to see Woodsy making his banal comments on behalf of another club now?

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 102 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:26 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:08 pm
Innit nice to see Woodsy making his banal comments on behalf of another club now?
It's comedy now rather than tragedy.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:33 pm

" They're a strong board." Poor old Aaron doesn't have a clue.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:36 pm

“..................and just can’t wait to buy into the new culture obviously the new coach is going to start.

Dah, did I get dat rite? Innat wat I'm sposed ta say?

Yeah, I can't wait to buy into a culture that I have no idea what it is cause I don't know who the coach is or what he's going to bring. Uhh yeah, it is what it is or..it isn't yet what its going to be, or something.
"Quality Stupidity"

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 5:15 pm

And once again his interview with Hooper runs through my mind. Sound decision Aaron.

Earl
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 5:23 pm

I am so glad that muppet has left the club.

hammertime
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by hammertime » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 5:59 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:33 pm
" They're a strong board." Poor old Aaron doesn't have a clue.
This is so hilarious. After Dib overspending on the cap, undermining the coach by giving the team his own little pep talk and hanging Des out to dry.

This is the guy who he has confidence in - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1cnhr.html

How does Woodsy ever pass a HIA test? Give me Marina Go any day.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:42 pm

I hope they choose Payton , that would be funny .
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Russell
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 7:27 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:42 pm
I hope they choose Payton , that would be funny .
Hope they are stocking up on white ant spray lol. :lol:

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 7:48 pm

Jim Dymock should get the gig, he's a good coach.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:05 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 20 Sep, 2017 7:48 pm
Jim Dymock should get the gig, he's a good coach.
Of what exactly? Has he even been an under 20's coach? He would be a massive stab in the dark by the Dogs IMO.

Return to “National Rugby League”