Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Another Moses headline

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:30 am

upthetigers wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 6:40 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:26 am
There will be huge expectation on him next year to carry them into the top 4.
I'm really looking forward to see how that goes.
Who gives a s*** about Moses. There will be huge expectation on Brooks to carry us into the finals series.
I would not be expecting that in your Xmas stocking.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:35 am

Cry me a river. How long was the contract in front of him before it got taken away? All that time to sign and nothing doing. Soon as it gets pulled he has a sook and says he wasn't wanted.

Cleary was justified in pulling the offer.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

gallagher
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:55 am

upthetigers wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 6:40 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:26 am
There will be huge expectation on him next year to carry them into the top 4.
I'm really looking forward to see how that goes.
Who gives a s*** about Moses. There will be huge expectation on Brooks to carry us into the finals series.
How about avoiding threads with his name in the title then.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 9:10 am

tigerap wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:02 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 9:19 pm
Too old to be tearing strips off a self absorbed 22 year old who became carried away with his own publicity. We created the monster so must take some responsiblity.
Lessons for all to be learned not just Moses.
The similarities between Moses and his uncle Benny Elias are uncanny...both love the spotlight
Except Benny was a champion player who delivered quality every week. And he never bailed on his mates and club because he felt "unloved".

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:19 am

hammertime wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 8:53 pm
Looks like his manager has been organising a few puff pieces to try to repair his image.
The sad thing is, it will work. Parra fans, and league fans will eat this stuff up and look at us as the bad guys, despite us giving him every chance. I predict Tedesco will be next complaining that we gave him and Woods a deadline and that he had no choice. And again the greater RL community will eat it up. Only we Tigers supporters know the truth, as we were the only ones living and breathing this saga, every day for 12 months. As outside observers, we are in the best position to judge. One of the best things Cleary has done so far is upon arrival stamping out the "big 4" rubbish. It should now be the clubs no 1 priority to never give so much influence to the players ever again. And that goes back to the days of Farah and Marshall.

hammertime
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by hammertime » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:52 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:19 am
hammertime wrote:
Looks like his manager has been organising a few puff pieces to try to repair his image.
The sad thing is, it will work. Parra fans, and league fans will eat this stuff up and look at us as the bad guys, despite us giving him every chance. I predict Tedesco will be next complaining that we gave him and Woods a deadline and that he had no choice. And again the greater RL community will eat it up. Only we Tigers supporters know the truth, as we were the only ones living and breathing this saga, every day for 12 months. As outside observers, we are in the best position to judge. One of the best things Cleary has done so far is upon arrival stamping out the "big 4" rubbish. It should now be the clubs no 1 priority to never give so much influence to the players ever again. And that goes back to the days of Farah and Marshall.
I agree unfortunately mate. Besides the average punter, I always wonder if the papers actually

1) Really believe in these stories since they only ever hear bias from the Player managers; or
2) They are so heavily in the agents pockets, because of the amount of information they are feeding them, that they have to spin everything how they ask despite what they know.

It kinda seemed like Paul Kent opened up his opinion the more and more he was exposed to Woodsy directly on NRL360... so I'm really not sure if these media guys are somewhat blinded or bought.

jirskyr
Has liked: 101 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:42 am

hammertime wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:52 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hammertime wrote:
I agree unfortunately mate. Besides the average punter, I always wonder if the papers actually

1) Really believe in these stories since they only ever hear bias from the Player managers; or
2) They are so heavily in the agents pockets, because of the amount of information they are feeding them, that they have to spin everything how they ask despite what they know.

It kinda seemed like Paul Kent opened up his opinion the more and more he was exposed to Woodsy directly on NRL360... so I'm really not sure if these media guys are somewhat blinded or bought.
I disagree about general league fans.

Parra fans will eat this up of course, most supporters are protective and one-eyed about their club. And Parra fans just seem to be one of the worst in my experience; they did just cheat the salary cap last year but think they were entitled to success in 2017.

But as for the greater league community, no, I don't think they buy into the press all too much. Certainly not my experience anyway. Everyone I know thinks Moses dogged it at the end of his Tigers career, and I didn't even prompt them, these were independent comments. One of my Souths-supporting mates texted me during the Souths-Tigers game and said "your boy is throwing this game, thanks though".

Non-Tigers fans that I know reckon the club has had internal troubles for some time (true) but think things look positive; Ivan Cleary is well received and respected. They think Woods is a good footballer but a bit of a goose, and pretty much nobody is happy Tedesco went to the Chooks because nobody really likes the Chooks anyway. Nobody really likes it when star players leave struggling clubs for "strong" clubs, people sympathise with the underdogs.

Most people I know also avoid the Telecrap like the plague. So maybe that says something more about my circles than the general public, but I find most people to be more or less on the same page. E.g. respecting the Storm, happy for the Cowboys, happy at the downfall of Roosters and Parra, shaking their heads about the Bulldogs, laughing at Shane Flanagan, hoping for improvement in Knights, Tigers, Souths etc.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:50 am

hammertime wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:52 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hammertime wrote:

They don't believe the stories, they know where their bread and butter comes from though so they run these trumped up pieces to keep the guys who feed them their info happy.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

The P man
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by The P man » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 3:21 pm

Moses was happy to take his pay check while clearly tanking. I don't care how much success he has, tanking on your team mates is the worst crime in rugby league and he has zero respect as far as I'm concerned.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 3:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:14 am
I didn't think Mitchell had heart..certainly didn't show it with us....if he did it was the size of a pea...

Wont be missed except when he has his odd good game in 10 ..when the Club baggers lament why we let him go...good riddance I say...

Be the player your team mates want to play with has never rang truer when it comes to Mitchell...Great decision Ivan..
Yeah well said Geo. He won't be missed.

dazza65
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:14 pm

He’s dead to me.
Don’t read any story associated with the grub..... zero interest :evil:
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:53 pm

MITCHELL MOSES SAYS WESTS TIGERS EXIT ‘RIPPED MY HEART OUT’, SLAMS COACH IVAN CLEARY

Michael Carayanis, The Sunday Telegraph
September 23, 2017 3:08pm
Subscriber only

MITCHELL Moses says his exit from the Tigers “ripped his heart out” and suggestions he failed to put his best effort into his final matches at the club left the playmaker “pretty filthy’.
Left you pretty filthy??? left the supporters pretty angry with your "effort". And it wasn't just us that noticed either, from memory, pretty sure some of the commentators mentioned it as well. Maybe if you weren't clearly dogging it nothing would have been said?
Moses has no regrets about his successful mid-season switch to Parramatta, particularly after playing finals football for the first time.

But his departure from the Tigers remains a sore point.

In a wideranging interview, Moses speaks openly about being forced out of the Tigers, the words from former coach Ivan Cleary which left him stung and how he found a home at Parramatta before their disappointing final performance.
Forced out???? months to sign a contract that from a lot of reports was a lot of money...........yet you didn't sign and then you had a whinge when the contract was pulled. Probably cause you weren't playing at anywhere near the money being offered.
Moses was hurt by Ivan Cleary criticism of his final days at the club.
I think someone needs to send Moses some recordings of his "efforts" the last couple of games, must have picked up a brain injury and lost his memory
Moses says he had every intention to commit long-term to the club. But that all changed upon Cleary taking charge.
every intention, yet dragged it out for months. Of course it all changed when Cleary got on board, maybe cause he wasn't having a bar of the games being played with you and yours dragging it out.
“I never wanted to leave the Tigers,” Moses said. “I loved that club so much. They gave me a chance and my shot at first grade. I can’t thank them enough for that but they pulled my deal off the table.
Right, so you admit here you had a deal on the table, yet didn't sign..........maybe that's on you and not the club?
“I always wanted to stay at the Tigers. When Ivan came to the club, he was there for a couple of days and I sat down with him and (football manager) Kelly Egan and in a meeting they pulled my deal off the table.
You keep saying you wanted to stay, but you didn't sign a contract that you have admitted was on the table. Cleary, rightly, pulled the deal off because it was way too much
“It was heartbreaking. It ripped my heart out what they did.
“I didn’t see a point in staying there if they didn’t see a future with me after they pulled my deal.

“If someone comes into your work and says ‘look we don’t need you any more’, you’re not going to feel welcomed.”
Kinda how the club must have felt for months with you lot not signing
After releasing Moses, Cleary said his final “two performances and general demeanour suggested he just wasn’t happy” while he told The Daily Telegraph last month that Moses had “put the tools down and bailed”.

Moses said Cleary’s comments hurt.
The truth often does hurt
“Ivan came out and said I wasn’t putting in for two or three games,” Moses said. “You can’t put the (results) down to one player. That’s what hurt me the most. I have a lot of respect for Ivan but for him to come out and say that I was pretty filthy.

“If you look back on all those games I was touching the ball a lot more than I was touching the ball at Parramatta. It’s not like I wasn’t trying. I think he was looking for an excuse.
He's looking for an excuse? I think you're projecting
“It was a massive five weeks for me. It really drained me mentally. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.”
Happy how it turned out, but still upset?

He's just refusing to accept any responsibility, he had a contract he could have signed, but it appeared he and his manager wanted to string the club along. It appeared he had no intention at all in signing with the club unless they forked out more money, when the contract was pulled he dogged it, now he's whinging about people calling him out on his behaviour. Glad he's gone.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:04 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 9:10 am
tigerap wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:02 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sun 24 Sep, 2017 9:19 pm
Too old to be tearing strips off a self absorbed 22 year old who became carried away with his own publicity. We created the monster so must take some responsiblity.
Lessons for all to be learned not just Moses.
The similarities between Moses and his uncle Benny Elias are uncanny...both love the spotlight
Except Benny was a champion player who delivered quality every week. And he never bailed on his mates and club because he felt "unloved".
Yea at least he waited until his playing days were over before he ripped the heart out the club he supposedly loved.

jirskyr
Has liked: 101 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 11:16 pm

dazza65 wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:14 pm
He’s dead to me.
Don’t read any story associated with the grub..... zero interest :evil:
What about forum threads? :D

Telltails
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 12:04 am

It seems Mitchy is still given way too much attention by WTs supporters. Media doing what it does best - flogging a dead horse when not much else is happening.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 12:11 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 12:04 am
It seems Mitchy is still given way too much attention by WTs supporters. Media doing what it does best - flogging a dead horse when not much else is happening.
I think grievance counselling is required - the wounds are long and deep
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 6:04 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 12:04 am

Oh i don't know there is such a thing as an NRL Grand Final they could write about....something Mitchell and his great mates at Parra will never play in...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 26 Sep, 2017 6:59 am

Mitch, if you are reading let me tell you that you look a teenage school girl when putting on a fit about some supposed injustice on the field. It seems like you don't know the rules the game as you are constantly ignored by the refs and it makes you appear an idiot. I apologise to teenage school girls in general. Do you have a blind spot in your right eye - how is it that you often miss opposing players when they turn the ball back in again?

Return to “National Rugby League”