Paul Vautin axed from The Footy Show

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Paul Vautin axed from The Footy Show

Post by ricksen » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:50 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:04 am
The worst thing to ever happen to Channel Nine was losing Yvonne Sampson. She had everything they needed in a female presenter and they let her walk.

Molan is literally a token inclusion. Fox got it right with all the knowledgeable women on their panels.
Yep - Sampson is the best presenter on either network by a distance.
9 coverage is poor and can only see it getting worse, given they're giving more airtime to Ray f'ing Hadley.


User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6932
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:56 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:04 am
The worst thing to ever happen to Channel Nine was losing Yvonne Sampson. She had everything they needed in a female presenter and they let her walk.

Molan is literally a token inclusion. Fox got it right with all the knowledgeable women on their panels.
Renee Gartner is alright.
Allana Ferguson is good too and seems to be becoming more of a regular.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 11:17 am

There's a certain level of credibility when Yvonne Sampson talks, along with the other members of the panel - Nine really pooed the bed letting her go, and not taking her seriously.

Braith (love him or hate him) is a smart guy, and can talk footy rather eloquently, Gasnier has really come on leaps and bounds, Brett Finch is no mug either, and the guests are usually well selected.

Fox are running rings around nine in terms of credible commentors on the game, and the fact that they have handed "The Footy Show" back over to the director of sport, and not light entertainment speaks volumes
Image

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 11:30 am

Gave up on the show sometime ago. Ten years too late to make a change and for what it's worth, I much prefer Yvonne Sampson over Erin in regards to NRL talk.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5473
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 1:03 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 9:30 pm
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 4:54 pm
Has anyone listened to Erin Molan on the Continuous Call Team of a Weekend, seriously she is only a latecomer to Rugby League and hasn't a clue on life what'soever, I don't want to come across as sexist here but fair dinkum she is an Air Head of the highest Magnitude, her co-presenters have to explain things to her that should be common knowledge for a person in the Media, the archetypal Dumb Blonde.
I've never rated Molan's knowledge of the game either, and with what the footy show tries to accomplish she seems like a square peg in a round hole. The ladies on League Life on Fox Sports are much better presenters and are all knowledgeable about the game.
Yvonne Sampson has it all, knowledge, personality and looks. The other 3 on the League Life panel just have looks....they wouldn't know a footy if you fed it to them IMO. Yvonne is the best NRL presenter by a very long way.


User avatar
Basil Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Northern NSW(ex-Sydney).

Post by Basil Tiger » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 3:24 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:04 am
The worst thing to ever happen to Channel Nine was losing Yvonne Sampson. She had everything they needed in a female presenter and they let her walk.
I don't think 9 had much choice,massive dummy spit by Sampson,interesting to know the real reasons.I think its much more than equal pay and the fact she sat in Economy and Fittler and Johns were in Business Class on Planes.
As mentioned on other Forums the Sports Producers at 9 would have been trying to keep her away from a pissed Johns & Fittler.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3359
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 4:23 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 8:04 am
The worst thing to ever happen to Channel Nine was losing Yvonne Sampson. She had everything they needed in a female presenter and they let her walk.

Molan is literally a token inclusion. Fox got it right with all the knowledgeable women on their panels.
Pity fox couldnt find any men with the same knowledge(except for sterlo and a lesser extect gasnier).

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:37 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 8:24 am
Fatty was lucky to survive 4 years let alone 24....CH9 should axe Beau Ryan a media wanna be who is so up himself
Thank the lord someone else out there agrees with me. I think Beau Ryan is so not funny or clever. How he kept his TV gig is beyond me
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2344
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 11:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 1:33 pm
I don't get this obssession the game has atm with women. Women referees, tv presenters etc. Not meaning to sound sexist, but are these ladies there because they earned the right and do a good job, or is the game getting too political? Same is happening in the AFL with a lady hosting the AFL footy show. It seems too contrived.
I think they have 'earned' the right and for the most part they do a good job - as good as some of the blokes they have commentating. Women have been involved in Rugby League, in some way or another, for decades and many now play the game themselves. It's only now they are finally getting a chance to participate in discussions on an equal footing and people have to question it.

Heck my mum (God rest her soul) knew more about Rugby League than anyone I've ever known! Why shouldn't women be given the same opportunities to participate in the commentary? Understanding and being able to discuss football isn't something that is inherent in males only.

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Onthebus » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 6:46 am

Bring back the Sunday Roast

Only league show I enjoyed watching, everything else is pure garbage

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 4:53 pm

Depends on what you want. Was never a true league show, but more of a variety show. The last few years it's had a bet each way and been neither. I love stupid comedy and liked the early years of the show and even some of the stuff they do now, much like Matty johns show

everett8
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed 08 Mar, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by everett8 » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm

How this show survived 24 years has to go down as one of the world's most baffling mysteries.

eyewonder
Member
Member
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by eyewonder » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm

it was like hey,hey its saturday night- people loved it for a lot of years but they also tired of it and wanted something different.
the footy show was funny for a lot years under vautin and he should be satisfied with what he achieved.
the bosses at nine obviously saw that audiences wanted something different,
mind you,sterlos show on pay tv was given the flick too and that was pure footy talk.go figure.
so will i watch the footy show with a female presenter-probably not,ill watch something on netflix or foxgo where i can skip the adds.
maybe thats the issue- people have too many choices these days.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 9:21 pm

eyewonder wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm
it was like hey,hey its saturday night- people loved it for a lot of years but they also tired of it and wanted something different.
the footy show was funny for a lot years under vautin and he should be satisfied with what he achieved.
the bosses at nine obviously saw that audiences wanted something different,
mind you,sterlos show on pay tv was given the flick too and that was pure footy talk.go figure.
so will i watch the footy show with a female presenter-probably not,ill watch something on netflix or foxgo where i can skip the adds.
maybe thats the issue- people have too many choices these days.
What? On the Couch with Sterlo has been axed? When did this happen?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29349
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 10:01 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 9:21 pm
eyewonder wrote:
Fri 20 Oct, 2017 7:23 pm
it was like hey,hey its saturday night- people loved it for a lot of years but they also tired of it and wanted something different.
the footy show was funny for a lot years under vautin and he should be satisfied with what he achieved.
the bosses at nine obviously saw that audiences wanted something different,
mind you,sterlos show on pay tv was given the flick too and that was pure footy talk.go figure.
so will i watch the footy show with a female presenter-probably not,ill watch something on netflix or foxgo where i can skip the adds.
maybe thats the issue- people have too many choices these days.
What? On the Couch with Sterlo has been axed? When did this happen?
When Sterlo left Fox and has hone back to 9 exclusively...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:04 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:37 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 8:24 am
Fatty was lucky to survive 4 years let alone 24....CH9 should axe Beau Ryan a media wanna be who is so up himself
Thank the lord someone else out there agrees with me. I think Beau Ryan is so not funny or clever. How he kept his TV gig is beyond me
I did not like him sabotaging Farah's restaurant - at least Farah was having a go at something for footballers.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:20 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:04 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:37 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 8:24 am
Fatty was lucky to survive 4 years let alone 24....CH9 should axe Beau Ryan a media wanna be who is so up himself
Thank the lord someone else out there agrees with me. I think Beau Ryan is so not funny or clever. How he kept his TV gig is beyond me
I did not like him sabotaging Farah's restaurant - at least Farah was having a go at something for footballers.
I didn't realise Beau sabotaged Robbies restaurant. What did he do?
in Ivan we distrust

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:24 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:20 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:04 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:37 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 8:24 am
Fatty was lucky to survive 4 years let alone 24....CH9 should axe Beau Ryan a media wanna be who is so up himself
Thank the lord someone else out there agrees with me. I think Beau Ryan is so not funny or clever. How he kept his TV gig is beyond me
I did not like him sabotaging Farah's restaurant - at least Farah was having a go at something for footballers.
I didn't realise Beau sabotaged Robbies restaurant. What did he do?
did a stupid skit on it that RF was very upset about, can't find link now forget where was
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply