Teddy praises Cronks possible arrival at the Roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
hammertime

Re: Teddy praises Cronks possible arrival at the Roosters

Post by hammertime » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:52 am

For once, i'm loving blockers comments. Hope he keeps lobbing grenades at Bondi instead of us!

Post by 851 » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:17 am

king sirro wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:02 pm
It was proven Teddy had no tact when he told mates of his Roosters rorts earning him more then the cap suggests. He has no idea. Hopefully its his rorts that finally bring the Roosters down, but i doubt it. The NRL accpet it.
That would be pure gold :pray:
Go hard or go home

Post by 851 » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:23 am

tigerap wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:34 am
What if Cronk ends up at the Eels...where does that leave the Moses Norman pairing?
Norman to fullback, but geez Gutho played the house down at 1 this year, French to wing, they are also trying to get Rona, some clubs have no cap, Cronulla is another club chasing Cronk, they just seem to have unlimited space like parra and the chooks. :x
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 3:36 pm

tigerap wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:22 am
tig_prmz wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 9:00 pm
he always wants something better, same as mitch. guess it can be good in one way but both of them are selfish pricks of the highest order- have no sense of what it takes to be in a team, definitely the last guy you'd want in the trenches with you.
There is no guarantee Cronk will perform outside the Storm system. Look at the players who left the Storm and flopped....Blair, Proctor, Chambers....Cronk should've hung up his boots as a one club player.....he could be remembered as a $2m flop....As for Tedesco, streaky player of brilliance, who is classless....would love nothing more than to see him and Moses flop in 2018
Cronk hasn't been so good for the storm, just because of the programme there
It's a combination of that, and the players that he had around him, and Bellamy, but even more than those reasons is his almost obsessive amount of work that he has put into perfecting everything that he does,
There's been plenty said over the years about his single minded attention to detail about both his game and of those around him.
That will still be there, and hopefully will rub off on to the players that are there.
I hate the Storm, but will be happy to watch a perfectionist like him playing against them.
I think Tedesco will be one Who will really appreciate playing behind a top Half for the first time since hitting first grade. He'l think its Christmas.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 6:20 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:23 am
tigerap wrote:
What if Cronk ends up at the Eels...where does that leave the Moses Norman pairing?
Norman to fullback, but geez Gutho played the house down at 1 this year, French to wing, they are also trying to get Rona, some clubs have no cap, Cronulla is another club chasing Cronk, they just seem to have unlimited space like parra and the chooks. :x
Well Parra don't have unlimited cap space. I am sure that they wanted too keep Peats, he was settled with the club and the club with him. Likewise I can't see them parting with Alex Twal that willingly.

Parra are cap idiots, not cap cheats. They can't balance the books because they are just not good at that sort of thing. In fact if you want our board to look good, compare them to Parramatta! I am surprised that they did not fire Brad Arthur for making the Semi's.

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 10:08 pm

I posted last year that the Chooks were looking at life after Pearce ,came from a mad Roosters supporter i've known since the 1970's,he also said Moses had agreed to terms with the Roosters then backflipped to stay at the Tiges. then backflipped again to join the Eels.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:50 am

Teddy should watch carefully how Easts treat Pearce or Friend here and hope his ACL's hold up. Uncle Nick looking at shafting one of two blokes whom have already taken them to a GF win and still playing great club footy for a sugar hit. If Teddy ever becomes a rehab burden he'll be just as quick out the door.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 6:20 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:23 am
tigerap wrote:
Well Parra don't have unlimited cap space. I am sure that they wanted too keep Peats, he was settled with the club and the club with him. Likewise I can't see them parting with Alex Twal that willingly.

Parra are cap idiots, not cap cheats. They can't balance the books because they are just not good at that sort of thing. In fact if you want our board to look good, compare them to Parramatta! I am surprised that they did not fire Brad Arthur for making the Semi's.

No - they are cheats. Peter Sharp was the dodgiest of leaders. Even more-so than that twitter happy clown that we had for a while. Shonky as

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 3:27 pm

This whole Cronk thing has only highlighted what a farce the NRL and in particular the salary cap has become. How teams like the roosters manly and cronulla can be in the running to sign him is a joke. I personally believe the salary cap should be scrapped - the same teams will still end up with the same players but they will cut each others throats to the point that some teams won't exist anymore. Survival of the fittest and smartest.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 3:43 pm

Bozo quietly moves on from Manly with the advice that his job is done. Coincidence? Gorman reportedly to arrive as CEO from Sharks.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:01 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 3:27 pm
This whole Cronk thing has only highlighted what a farce the NRL and in particular the salary cap has become. How teams like the roosters manly and cronulla can be in the running to sign him is a joke. I personally believe the salary cap should be scrapped - the same teams will still end up with the same players but they will cut each others throats to the point that some teams won't exist anymore. Survival of the fittest and smartest.
Totally agree
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:46 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:50 am
Teddy should watch carefully how Easts treat Pearce or Friend here and hope his ACL's hold up. Uncle Nick looking at shafting one of two blokes whom have already taken them to a GF win and still playing great club footy for a sugar hit. If Teddy ever becomes a rehab burden he'll be just as quick out the door.
Didn’t Nick stand by Pearsewhen he played his zoo games
And who’s was the hooker that he stood bye after drug problems
Seems like he can treat players pretty well

I think that teddy would still have a picture in his mind of a certain Club legend that he had
To watchbeing shafted a lot closer to home.
Our treatment of players who are considered to be in the way,isn’t anything to be proud of.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 8:00 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:46 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

I think that teddy would still have a picture in his mind of a certain Club legend that he had
Our treatment of players who are considered to be in the way,isn’t anything to be proud of.
Did I say we were saints? I don't recall saying that I did, do you? This is about Easts, not us.

Politis looks after them as long as they serve his means.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 2:42 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 25 Oct, 2017 8:00 am
Yeah,but when he turns its curtains as Ricky Stuart knows.

One of his biggest dummy spits was with Ryan Cross,Paul's son,he apparently agreed to terms with Nick on a handshake then defected to Rugby with the promise of a Wallabies Jersey.
Apparently Politis took it personally and was like a Bear with a sore head for weeks.

Not a Club to be involved with as its Nicks plaything,probably why James Packer said goodbye,2 roosters in the Henhouse.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 25 Oct, 2017 8:35 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Did I say we were saints? I don't recall saying that I did, do you? This is about Easts, not us.

I think that Teddy is aware that ANY club will screw a player over if and when it suits them.
Like I said he's already lived through the same thing.
No you didnt say we were saints , you just ommitted to say that all clubs are like that.
He probably learned a lot about football clubs when he was here. So I don't think he'l have much to worry about there

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:22 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Oct, 2017 8:35 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

I think that Teddy is aware that ANY club will screw a player over if and when it suits them.
Like I said he's already lived through the same thing.
No you didnt say we were saints , you just ommitted to say that all clubs are like that.
He probably learned a lot about football clubs when he was here. So I don't think he'l have much to worry about there
That maybe - but he didn't get screwed over by us. It was the other way around.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:47 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 3:36 pm
tigerap wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
he always wants something better, same as mitch. guess it can be good in one way but both of them are selfish pricks of the highest order- have no sense of what it takes to be in a team, definitely the last guy you'd want in the trenches with you.
There is no guarantee Cronk will perform outside the Storm system. Look at the players who left the Storm and flopped....Blair, Proctor, Chambers....Cronk should've hung up his boots as a one club player.....he could be remembered as a $2m flop....As for Tedesco, streaky player of brilliance, who is classless....would love nothing more than to see him and Moses flop in 2018
It's a combination of that, and the players that he had around him, and Bellamy, but even more than those reasons is his almost obsessive amount of work that he has put into perfecting everything that he does,
There's been plenty said over the years about his single minded attention to detail about both his game and of those around him.
That will still be there, and hopefully will rub off on to the players that are there.
I hate the Storm, but will be happy to watch a perfectionist like him playing against them.
I think Tedesco will be one Who will really appreciate playing behind a top Half for the first time since hitting first grade. He'l think its Christmas.
Just like prior to his cross field crabbing days when he came everyone's notice working off the good work of Brooks :-)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 26 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 11:47 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2017 3:36 pm
tigerap wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
Just like prior to his cross field crabbing days when he came everyone's notice working off the good work of Brooks :-)
That's right, in the Days that Brooks actually played like a half who had( and could use) some football talents , which we all would like to see return , but time is running out.
As for teddy crabbing, I think you will find that with Cronk directing play, he will have some players who will actually go forward with him and not stand back like spectators and expect him to do it all.
Well soon see.