Teddy praises Cronks possible arrival at the Roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
bathursttiger
Has liked: 333 times
Been liked: 78 times

Teddy praises Cronks possible arrival at the Roosters

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:53 pm

Teddy said is would be awesome to play with a player of Cronks ability at the Roosters.
That's a big vote of confidence to the incumbent halves he is about to start playing with.
A great way to start your career at a new club, by implying the current players are not as good as they could be.

tiger_one
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tiger_one » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 7:54 pm

Up there for thinking.
Down there for dancing.

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:02 pm

It was proven Teddy had no tact when he told mates of his Roosters rorts earning him more then the cap suggests. He has no idea. Hopefully its his rorts that finally bring the Roosters down, but i doubt it. The NRL accpet it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Chicken Faced Killa
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm

You can understand him saying it would be great to play with Cronk but saying he should come to the Roosters (a team he hasn’t even trained with yet) is a bad way to start at a new club. This guy lacks class.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 8:36 pm

this is now in the National Rugby League section....i just wish we had a yawn emoticon..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:32 pm

Pretty lame coming from an Italian international whose side can;t even beat Tonga in a trial - look after your game Teddy.

TigersBusDriver
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 12:07 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:32 pm
Pretty lame coming from an Italian international whose side can;t even beat Tonga in a trial - look after your game Teddy.
Don't worry, as soon as he gets the word, he'll be out of there and on the Kangaroos' tour bus in no time. By then, I guess we'll not be the only team that just didn't "win" enough for ol' mate Ted.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 9:45 am

Really people, are we gonna nitpick a benign statement that any player would make if one of the best in the game was coming to join their team? Let it go!

hugh1954
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by hugh1954 » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 1:45 pm

Yet to hear other more established Rooster players come out excited about his possible purchase. Teddy needs to keep it shut

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 335 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 2:58 pm

Indeed..Mitchell Pearce and Jake Friend have been rather quiet...unlike when a certain hooker was mooted to go there a few years back..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

hammertime
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by hammertime » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 3:10 pm

Apparently, this is partly how they can afford him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 3cb0b468d8

"The club was also $200,000 under the salary cap in 2017 which allowed them to “pre-pay” players some of their 2018 money to create more space in the cap."

I do recall getting shouted down for suggesting we do the same this year if no one decent comes on the market... just sayin.

coivtny
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by coivtny » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 3:59 pm

hugh1954 wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 1:45 pm
Yet to hear other more established Rooster players come out excited about his possible purchase. Teddy needs to keep it shut
Agreed. This is probably a technicality but I thought Tedesco was officially on WT books and payroll until 1 November. If that is the case he shouldn't be talking about his new team and possible signings by them until he is off the WT payroll. As I said it may be a technicality but he should observe the niceties.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 5:34 pm

coivtny wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 3:59 pm
hugh1954 wrote:
Agreed. This is probably a technicality but I thought Tedesco was officially on WT books and payroll until 1 November. If that is the case he shouldn't be talking about his new team and possible signings by them until he is off the WT payroll. As I said it may be a technicality but he should observe the niceties.
At the same time though, Reynolds tweeted about our draw.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 8:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 5:34 pm
coivtny wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 3:59 pm
hugh1954 wrote:
At the same time though, Reynolds tweeted about our draw.
One wanted to stay, the other strung along the club that offered him the earth for months.

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 22 Oct, 2017 9:00 pm

he always wants something better, same as mitch. guess it can be good in one way but both of them are selfish pricks of the highest order- have no sense of what it takes to be in a team, definitely the last guy you'd want in the trenches with you.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:22 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Sun 22 Oct, 2017 9:00 pm
he always wants something better, same as mitch. guess it can be good in one way but both of them are selfish pricks of the highest order- have no sense of what it takes to be in a team, definitely the last guy you'd want in the trenches with you.
There is no guarantee Cronk will perform outside the Storm system. Look at the players who left the Storm and flopped....Blair, Proctor, Chambers....Cronk should've hung up his boots as a one club player.....he could be remembered as a $2m flop....As for Tedesco, streaky player of brilliance, who is classless....would love nothing more than to see him and Moses flop in 2018

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:32 am

Another Tiger weighs in..

From the SHM
Steve Roach blasts Sydney Roosters for insulting silence on Mitchell Pearce's future

Playmakers: Speculation over the futures of Mitchell Pearce and Cooper Cronk continues unabated.
Playmakers: Speculation over the futures of Mitchell Pearce and Cooper Cronk continues unabated. Photo: AAP
A high-profile supporter of Mitchell Pearce has rubbished suggestions that he could learn from Cooper Cronk as a mature-age understudy at the Sydney Roosters, saying the club's pursuit of the Kangaroos No.7 was a "big kick in the guts" for their long-time halfback.

The Roosters are expected to escalate their bid to lure Cronk to the eastern suburbs with chairman Nick Politis arriving back from overseas on Sunday and planning to meet with Roosters coach Trent Robinson early this week to discuss making a play for the 33-year-old and how his signing would affect others at the club

Chief among them is Pearce, who was also due back in Sydney on Monday after several days away in Orange. Speculation about his future has heated up since Cronk on Friday asked his manager, George Mimis, to explore playing options in 2018.

While Manly and Cronulla are watching closely to see if Pearce is prompted to look elsewhere, the Roosters have indicated they want him to learn from Cronk and become the best halfback in the game.

RELATED ARTICLE
Marketable: Other clubs are interested in Mitchell Pearce if the Roosters want to offload him in favour of Cooper Cronk.
Pearce not feeling the love at Roosters while club woos Cronk
That brought a strong reaction on Sunday from Steve Roach, a great mate of Pearce's father Wayne and whose son Liam is very close with Pearce. The Balmain legend believes it is insulting for the 28-year-old, with 238 NRL games, a premiership and 18 State of Origin appearances for NSW behind him, to have to contemplate playing second fiddle after a decade at the helm.

"I'm personally friends with him," Roach said. "I don't think Cooper could teach Mitchell anything to tell you the honest truth. I'd be a bit taken aback if I was him. He's run the Roosters for 10 years, won a comp.
"I don't know, mate, I'd be a little bit dark. I think it's a big kick in the guts. What it's saying is he can't get the job done. I don't agree with it."

Pearce, who has two seasons to run on his contract at the Roosters, and co-captain Jake Friend appear the candidates to be most affected if Cronk does join the club on a two-year, $2 million deal.

Whether Pearce would be shifted to the bench or to hooker - in turn costing Friend his spot - is yet to be determined, it is understood.

Roosters officials reportedly have not been in contact with Pearce about the potential acquisition of Cronk, another issue that does not sit well with Balmain legend Roach, who has maintained a close relationship with the halfback, particularly in his role on the NSW State of Origin staff..

"That's one thing our game is missing at the moment is people being upfront," he said.

"If they were going to go down that track they should have had the decency to ring them and say, 'This is what we're thinking of doing'. They're 10-year players there. It's not everyday you get 10-year players."

Fairfax Media first reported suggestions that Cronk could join the Roosters on the eve of the grand final earlier this month and they have only gathered pace since, with the Melbourne Storm champion last week deciding against retiring after the World Cup.

It is accepted the club will be able to find space to accommodate Cronk under next year's expected $9.4m salary cap, although any signing will be heavily scrutinised by the NRL. The governing body understands that the Roosters have about $400,000 of room in their 2018 roster, meaning a player such as halfback Jayden Nikorima would need to be released to accommodate Cronk. The club, however, believes there is about $800,000 left and they don't need to let anyone go.

Whatever the case, Roach is not fully convinced that Cronk, preparing for life without Cameron Smith and Billy Slater alongside him, will automatically deliver the Roosters the title they crave.

"Cooper Cronk is a great player, there is no doubt about that," he said. "But he hasn't tried to see how he goes without those other two blokes."
Last edited by Tigerdon on Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Mon 23 Oct, 2017 8:34 am

What if Cronk ends up at the Eels...where does that leave the Moses Norman pairing?

Return to “National Rugby League”