Mitchell Pearce

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Cultured Bogan

Re: Mitchell Pearce

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 11:08 am

I imagine there's a great deal of schadenfraude being enjoyed by the old Wests fans here.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 11:41 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 9:42 pm
Oh well Pearce doesn't have to change his jersey colours, just the design.
Also doesn't have to repaint his dog kennel.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 12:46 pm

TopTiger wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 3:26 pm
Newcastle fast becoming the place where all old Roosters go to die!! At least the Sharks didn't get Pearce as that would have made a mockery of the so called cap being in place to spread the talent.
YES!
I am just so glad a struggling team gets a chance at the 8. Sure it's not us but Newcastle has been kicked in the guys year in year out.

Hmm I wonder what Brock Lamb or Hodgkinson are doing. I expect Manly to push to sign one of them.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 11:08 am
I imagine there's a great deal of schadenfraude being enjoyed by the old Wests fans here.
I don't follow.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 1:17 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 12:59 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I don't follow.
Manly missing out after shedding a player to accommodate him.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 2:14 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
Just looked it up, nothing solid about Hodkinson signing anywhere, just rumours to have been looking in the ESL.
I would take Hodkinson off their hands! He and Reynolds were a great combo, could be good for us I reckon.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 2:35 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 1:17 pm
gallagher wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I don't follow.
Ah right, I'm a bit slow today.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 2:43 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 2:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Just looked it up, nothing solid about Hodkinson signing anywhere, just rumours to have been looking in the ESL.
I would take Hodkinson off their hands! He and Reynolds were a great combo, could be good for us I reckon.
No way Hodkinson's knees are shot...no more crocks..ty..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 2:51 pm

What happened to him not wanting to join a lowly club? He could've been with us...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 3:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 7:07 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 6:39 pm
Earl wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 6:27 pm
coivtny wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 6:09 pm

I agree but I do think, with the Pearce signing, Newcastle have bought better than us overall. I don't rate him at SOO level but I believe he's a very good first grade half and will lift Newcastle next year. If they click next year they'll be strong contenders for the top 8.
I think they could be a quality team who could really push for the 8. I'm not confident we will push for the 8. Next year is going to be interesting because there have been a lot of changes.

Not just Pearce now, but Ese Ese, Guerra and Moga are all quality players in their prime and Ponga & Watson are touted for big things. Not that 'potential' always manifests, as we well know, but regardless, I think they have definitely bought better than us.
And?

Even if that is correct, which is debeateble, why does that have to reflect on us?
It reflects on us in that, not only did have they picked up some quality players: but now have
strengthened their team even more with the signing of one of the best club halfbacks in the game. Before this, theymay have moved up a couple of rungs on the ladder next year, now with a top halfback ,they are a real possibility of at least getting close to the 8.
They certainly have a better half than we do, (at this time).
Every team that can genuinely have a crack at the 8 makes it harder for us to get there.
Simple arithmetic.
Remember. This crew have had the wood on us moretimes than not recently, without a decent halfback

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 4:13 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 3:54 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Earl wrote:

I think they could be a quality team who could really push for the 8. I'm not confident we will push for the 8. Next year is going to be interesting because there have been a lot of changes.

Not just Pearce now, but Ese Ese, Guerra and Moga are all quality players in their prime and Ponga & Watson are touted for big things. Not that 'potential' always manifests, as we well know, but regardless, I think they have definitely bought better than us.
And?

Even if that is correct, which is debeateble, why does that have to reflect on us?
It reflects on us in that, not only did have they picked up some quality players: but now have
strengthened their team even more with the signing of one of the best club halfbacks in the game. Before this, theymay have moved up a couple of rungs on the ladder next year, now with a top halfback ,they are a real possibility of at least getting close to the 8.
Every team that can genuinely have a crack at the 8 makes it harder for us to get there.
Simple arithmetic.
Remember. This crew have had the wood on us moretimes than not recently, without a decent halfback
Now that we're comparable nuffies we might turn the tables :)

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 4:26 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 2:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Not with his "dickie" legs he wouldn't be good for us.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 4:52 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 3:54 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Earl wrote:

And?

Simple arithmetic.
Their chances have certainly improved, but they have to make it work on the park, so do we for that matter.

Each season has its twist and turns. But not sure if we can say they or we have bought better.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 6:38 pm

good luck to newcastle.The area deserves success.
betcha nathan brown is getting the giggles.With the pearce signing his coaching career has been extended
for at least another 12 months.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 7:53 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 01 Dec, 2017 1:17 pm
gallagher wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I don't follow.
True but I'm waiting for Brock Lamb to ask for a release to join Manly.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 8:18 pm

wait till he gets on the piss with the johns family , can’t wait for the head lines.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 11:35 pm

As far as I know we didn't go after Pearce but I do think Ivan is a pretty good judge of a footballer and comments that he made last season indicate that he rates Brooks pretty highly. For me that's enough to support his decision to go with Brooks and Reynolds in the halves in round 1. After a proper off season with Cleary, Reynolds and Marshall on his case I'm hoping to see Luke Brooks 2.0 take the field next year with a pretty fair pack in front of him.

At my ever advancing age, I shouldn't say this but I really wish it was round 1 2018 already!

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 10:40 am

Matty Johns revealed part of the conversation he had with Pearce when trying to convince the halfback to join Newcastle.

“I said to Pearcey when you win at the Roosters these days what do you feel? Do you feel elation or do you feel relief?” Johns told Triple M.

“He said to me I feel relief, and I said that’s not good. Relief is not a motivating factor, and that’s not good.

“I said to him it’s time for you now to start to enjoy your football. I said come to Newcastle, I know you’ll enjoy it there.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9f487dfc06

Have fun Teddy.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.