Hamstring injuries

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Byron Bay Fan

Hamstring injuries

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:28 pm

I have deliberately chose a footie dept to mention this topic as the footy players are often victim of it. I injured myself as well in this manner pulling out some jammed besser blocks at the shop. I have been told by acupuncturer and a sufferer that acupuncture achieves excellent results in curing this injury so I will be trying soon after finish treatment for bells palsy.

So just a note for our footballers to give it a go, i.e., electro acupuncture, in many instantes it really works.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:52 pm

As a physio, I'd highly suggest going to an actual physio and not a chiro or others.

I can quote numerous articles for why but the main thing with hammies is that it is recurring and the best and only way to manage is self management. At home, you don't have needles or someone to give you a massage everyday- what works best is exercise and a physio can give you the exercise to target the correct impairment.

at the end of the day, it is your call and wish you the best of luck mate
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 1:07 pm

I tried several sessions of acupuncture for elbow tendonitis a few years back & it seemed to do the trick... However it's returned and acupuncture this time did nothing.
Anti inflammatorys now

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 2:36 pm

I used a tens machine really helped ended up buying my own one from my physio cost about $90 best thing I ever bought

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:25 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:52 pm
As a physio, I'd highly suggest going to an actual physio and not a chiro or others.

I can quote numerous articles for why but the main thing with hammies is that it is recurring and the best and only way to manage is self management. At home, you don't have needles or someone to give you a massage everyday- what works best is exercise and a physio can give you the exercise to target the correct impairment.

I consider chiros dangerous and should be barred, mainly because they use dangerous force in critical areas. Same goes for yoga. Both have inflicted many injuries on people because they are not scientifically trained and tested to modern standards. Byron is probably the yoga capital of Australia and almost person I have spoken to have been injured by it one way or another. It is stupid boring stuff anyway. Whereas physio develops, strengthens and protects what is important. But acupuncture in certain cases comes up trumps for getting rid of pain but physio for permanently keeping the injury safe and protected.

Physio was useless in my mother Bell's case but acupuncture knocked the stuffing out of it in only one session - and that was after 3 months of paralysis that is more difficult to cure than recent paralysis. I can even begin to whistle again as at this morning that shows how much my mouth has recovered in under 4 weeks. Then again Byron's hot girls would even rise the dead from the graves.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 2:47 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:25 am
tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:52 pm

I consider chiros dangerous and should be barred, mainly because they use dangerous force in critical areas. Same goes for yoga. Both have inflicted many injuries on people because they are not scientifically trained and tested to modern standards. Byron is probably the yoga capital of Australia and almost person I have spoken to have been injured by it one way or another. It is stupid boring stuff anyway. Whereas physio develops, strengthens and protects what is important. But acupuncture in certain cases comes up trumps for getting rid of pain but physio for permanently keeping the injury safe and protected.

Physio was useless in my mother Bell's case but acupuncture knocked the stuffing out of it in only one session - and that was after 3 months of paralysis that is more difficult to cure than recent paralysis. I can even begin to whistle again as at this morning that shows how much my mouth has recovered in under 4 weeks. Then again Byron's hot girls would even rise the dead from the graves.
I’ve been doing hot yoga for years. Rips the fat off and tones the body. I’ve never found yoga boring, in fact I’d be lost without it. Also helps me relax. Whatever floats your boat I suppose