Rank the Coaches

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
colmcd

Re: Rank the Coaches

Post by colmcd » Thu 28 Dec, 2017 5:11 pm

There seems to be three factors with the coaches.

How well they player manage.
how well they prepare their players for a game.
How many tactics/plays they coach into the game.

Bellamy manages to keep his stars on a discounted wage and prepare his players extremely well. However I don't think he is very tactical and trains his team to play a grudge match.

Flanagan is tactical and manages his players very well. But the sharks seem to get squashed by the cowboys too easily.

Sheens was probably one of the best play inventor coaches but sucked with preparing players. Potter seems a little better in player prep but couldn't get people onside and committed to his vision.

Taylor we learned a lot. He is a pretty hopeless player manager, and as head coach could not prepare his players well. He did seem to try tactics and get some in the play, but sucked.

Cleary is an average coach, but not a bad one. Lets see where we go.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:01 pm

Ahhhh, the silly season. 4 pages of responses! If the poll was about "Coaches who make me think, Hell they do a god job" ? I would have Bellamy and Bennett light years ahead of the rest. But, does it matter what I think? Or anyone else who's contributed to these four pages?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:11 pm

The more I have thought about it, the more I would not be surprised if Bellamy tapped Cronk on the shoulder because of Croft. Like Bennett with Lewis.

clontarfkid
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:27 pm

Cronks marriage last week suggests bellamys succession plan wasn't really "planned" at all...he just got lucky that one of his big 3 wanted out this year
Having said that,Bellamy gets "lucky"an awful lot more than most coaches!