Kent on Hayne

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Marshall_magic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Kent on Hayne

Unread post by Marshall_magic » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 9:56 pm

I hate the concept of the NRL being able to block a deal based on "nominal value." Who says Hayne is worth what they think he's worth? What do they base this on? Do they have a bloke who pulls the numbers out of his butt? If Jarryd would rather earn $500k at Parramatta than $1.2m at the Titans, then so be it. What happens if no one will pay him what they think he's worth........does he have to go to Rugby or something?

That said, I wonder what all the Parra fans who burnt their Hayne jerseys are thinking at the moment.....

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:04 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 9:56 pm
I hate the concept of the NRL being able to block a deal based on "nominal value." Who says Hayne is worth what they think he's worth? What do they base this on? Do they have a bloke who pulls the numbers out of his butt? If Jarryd would rather earn $500k at Parramatta than $1.2m at the Titans, then so be it. What happens if no one will pay him what they think he's worth........does he have to go to Rugby or something?

That said, I wonder what all the Parra fans who burnt their Hayne jerseys are thinking at the moment.....
Yeah a few pyromaniacs down Parra way , they burnt down a Stadium when they won and burnt Hayne's jersey

The Hayne Stain might become the Hayne Flame :lol:

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:09 pm

Naah player values dont depreciate by more than double in the space of a year....thats just garbage and fantasy

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:09 pm
Naah player values dont depreciate by more than double in the space of a year....thats just garbage and fantasy
Don't worry Ink , when Brad Arthur becomes our assistant coach in two years and brings Gutherson , Norman etc we will be the winners

Nelson
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:09 pm
Trent Hodkinson went from 600K signing and captain at Newcastle to unwanted reggies fodder after about a year. When a marquee signing goes sour it can really go sour.

You also can't force a player to take the highest offer made. They're people, not commodities.

gallagher
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:25 pm

Their new CEO, Bernie Gurr, was the roosters CEO.

Nothing to see here.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:28 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:

I think the problem is that people don't believe that Hayne will only be getting 500k - he is going to a club that had no qulams about rorting the system 18 months ago and he is going there for 700k less than he could get if he stayed where he was. I certainly don't believe it.
Last edited by diedpretty on Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Munk
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Munk » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:31 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 9:44 pm
Munk wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:59 pm
Nelson wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:13 pm
I don't see a problem with it. He was a speculative signing given his time away from the game and the Titans paid crazy money in part because they hoped he would be a crowd puller. He has utterly failed to deliver both on and off the field. As a player his value has plummeted and as a marketing tool his value has plummeted. He has however substantially enhanced his status as an actual tool.
You dont see any problem with a player breaking a contract and taking a $700 000 pay reduction to join a club busted for salary cap rorts only a year and a bit ago? That doesnt set any red flags up for you?
He didn't break a contract, they agreed to release him because he wasn't worth anywhere near the cash he was taking up and was and is a toxic figure. His ego is probably what drove him back to Parra. He sniffed the possibility of a premiership and wants to be celebrated as the prodigal son returned to lead them to glory (and if they do win that will probably be the narrative in his head regardless of the reality).

I don't think the NRL could stop him taking a massive pay cut, that would be a restraint of trade. They could however refuse to register the contract as anything less than a nominal market value against Parra's cap. $500K does not seem to be grossly outside his market value at this time. Ferguson has tainted his market value with off field crap. SKD compromised his market value with off field crap. It happens...
Sorry i mispoke. He was under contract and walked away. Point remains that he was to earn 1.2mill in 2018 and instead signed for 500k. You can not tell me thats his market value. For starters he is a marque player who played all 3 origins this year and 4 tests as well. More importantly, he never went to market. If he had of Parra would have had competition for his signature as there are enough clubs out there with the dough to afford him. 500k is a joke. Hed be earning double that under the table and with Parramatta involved, the NRL should have called BS on it. Why didnt they? I think youll find that Kenty is on the right path.

hobbo
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:32 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 10:28 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:

I think the problem is that people don't believe that Hayne will only be getting 500k - he is going to a club that had no qulams about rorting the system 18 months ago and he is going there for 700k less than he could get if he stayed where he was. I certainly don't believe it.
Yeah it's BS ....Hayne's most likely being topped up by Greenburg's so called "war chest "
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

supercoach
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 05 Dec, 2017 11:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 9:31 pm
Can I just say , the story they ran after the Hayne story is far worse

Supposedly the player managers involved in the Parra 2016 debacle are going to front the NRL soon

And they are basically saying they will bring the whole TPA story down and they are saying that Greenburg himself might get rolled in as well

But not every player manager is going to be charged that is involved .....

It annoys me , the people in charge of the game are too scared to stand up to anyone since the SL war , they are scared clubs will run off again and start their own comp

One of the reasons for starting up the commission was because under the old structure nothing ever got done because every club was only interested in their own clubs and not was good for the game. Now we have a few people who control the game who are only interested in self gain. I think we have gone backwards, the little clubs are getting screwed big time

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 7:37 am

Nelson wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 9:44 pm
Munk wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:59 pm
Nelson wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:13 pm
I don't see a problem with it. He was a speculative signing given his time away from the game and the Titans paid crazy money in part because they hoped he would be a crowd puller. He has utterly failed to deliver both on and off the field. As a player his value has plummeted and as a marketing tool his value has plummeted. He has however substantially enhanced his status as an actual tool.
You dont see any problem with a player breaking a contract and taking a $700 000 pay reduction to join a club busted for salary cap rorts only a year and a bit ago? That doesnt set any red flags up for you?
He didn't break a contract, they agreed to release him because he wasn't worth anywhere near the cash he was taking up and was and is a toxic figure. His ego is probably what drove him back to Parra. He sniffed the possibility of a premiership and wants to be celebrated as the prodigal son returned to lead them to glory (and if they do win that will probably be the narrative in his head regardless of the reality).

I don't think the NRL could stop him taking a massive pay cut, that would be a restraint of trade. They could however refuse to register the contract as anything less than a nominal market value against Parra's cap. $500K does not seem to be grossly outside his market value at this time. Ferguson has tainted his market value with off field crap. SKD compromised his market value with off field crap. It happens...
I don't believe for a minute he takes a $700K pay cut when his family is a 1 hour plane ride from the Gold Coast.

They get a cut price signing who was worth over double just 12 months ago and were busted for breaching the cap in 2016? Come on...
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 8:30 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:18 pm
Far out this sort of thing fires me up. I’m so sick of the inequity in the NRL. The draw is a joke, third party agreements are a joke, the salary cap is rorted, some teams are refereed differently to others....... and those charged with the responsibility to govern couldn’t grow a choko vine over a sh#%house. I’d say rant over but I doubt it is .......
Tiger Steve you are spot on mate...Our game is a shambles and the fans can see it which is why attendance numbers are down....It seems every marquee player who comes on the market is going to one of 3 Sydney clubs in the Sharks, Roosters or Parramatta...No other clubs gets a look in...

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 9:09 am

tigerap wrote:
Wed 06 Dec, 2017 8:30 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 05 Dec, 2017 8:18 pm
Far out this sort of thing fires me up. I’m so sick of the inequity in the NRL. The draw is a joke, third party agreements are a joke, the salary cap is rorted, some teams are refereed differently to others....... and those charged with the responsibility to govern couldn’t grow a choko vine over a sh#%house. I’d say rant over but I doubt it is .......
Tiger Steve you are spot on mate...Our game is a shambles and the fans can see it which is why attendance numbers are down....It seems every marquee player who comes on the market is going to one of 3 Sydney clubs in the Sharks, Roosters or Parramatta...No other clubs gets a look in...
Newcastle?
"Quality Stupidity"

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 9:31 am

One of the few times i agree with Kent. Incredibly dodgy how a state of origin player can drop 700k in salary and still be considered as listed at their notional value. Disgusting and highly unethical.

gallagher
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by gallagher » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 9:53 am

And they still have room in their cap for radradra for 2018. I suppose a french rugby winger wouldnt cost too much.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/bord ... zzfle.html

Has liked: 439 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 10:51 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 06 Dec, 2017 9:53 am
And they still have room in their cap for radradra for 2018. I suppose a french rugby winger wouldnt cost too much.

I saw that, what do the NRL think, that the fans of other clubs are idiots much like themselves.
Go hard or go home

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 11:04 am

851 wrote:
Wed 06 Dec, 2017 10:51 am
gallagher wrote:
Wed 06 Dec, 2017 9:53 am

I saw that, what do the NRL think, that the fans of other clubs are idiots much like themselves.
Cue the Parra mongs "See we could afford Hayne, we had enough to go after Semi again..."
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 1:10 pm

Can I just remind everyone that the Hayne Bane and Kent hate each other with a passion , don't be surprised if this is just a chance for Kent to take another pot shot at the Hayne Shame

Return to “National Rugby League”