Crichton to roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Crichton to roosters

Unread post by Onthebus » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:30 am

The game is turning in to the EPL more and more

Fans have had enough of all the BS the Rorters get away with


tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Unread post by tiger05premier » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:57 am

Apparently rorters have left room in their cap next year just in case rabbits decide to release him early

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 6:17 pm

Unread post by jctiger » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:55 pm
Uncle Nick has had something to say about the drama.

"We run our salary cap better than most clubs"

Hopefully someone can post the article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... vov5lmpno5

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Unread post by tigerap » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:45 am

Quote from Politis:

"We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements"

:roll :roll

Pull the other one Nick, it plays Jingle bells!

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:53 am

Souths fans are livid about this and rightly so. Reportedly, Crichton left them for only 50,000 more a season - not a huge difference, but of course he wants to win a Premiership :roll: He hasn't even given Souths a chance to show what they can do, they still have a pretty good line up. He will probably play like crap next season.


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3333
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Unread post by Russell » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 9:42 am

bigsiro wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:53 pm
Russell wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 4:29 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 4:00 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:42 am


Yep. Bernie Gurr was Parras best signing since Gibson.
We can’t pinch one of their accountants.
Russell will be having hollow feelings each time we play :D
You leave my hollow feeling to me. I hope I never have to, because I hope we would never have to stoop down to cheating in any form.

If it would take you 3 months before you came down from your high -n that is good for you.

Call it what you like - juggling the books, hiding TPA's etc. etc. it is still cheating.

If we had to do that to win, I would rather lose. :(
Hiding TPA's?
What's the difference if they are hidden or not?
Because if TPA's (whether hidden or disclosed) are completely permissible regardless (i.e. considering restraint of trade amongst other things), then how is it cheating? Practically no TPA is truly at arms length anyway, so all TPA's are cheating in that sense. The system is a joke.

I agree with you in principle; just because everyone is doing it doesn't make it right. But to proclaim "I would rather lose" is a step too far for me. Believe it or not Tigers players have TPA's! So you/we are already doing that to win - just so s*** that we still don't win!

Moral high ground is overrated. Give me a premiership.
Everybody has different values, different ethics, standards etc.

For those that are happy to cheat, not have a hollow feeling after they or their team do this - good luck to them and I hope you enjoy their Premiership - if they win one.

Personally and I am only speaking for myself - I would rather not cheat in any form (never have, never will) and so am happy never to win one if I have to resort to that standard.

No moral high ground - just my own standard.

User avatar
bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1202
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Unread post by bigsiro » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:05 am

Russell I’m afraid you missed my point.
I don’t cheat. Neither do you.
But the fact that our players already have TPAs in place means that we are cheating right now regardless, whether we like it or not.
I think this chat is possibly taking up too much real estate here.
Merry Xmas all!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Unread post by Telltails » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:50 am

Need to face the fact that good players want to play at the Roosters no matter how they run their cap.
They have turned over a heap of players in the past few years the difference is they replace them better than most other clubs - with equally good players. Good recruitment simple as that.

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Unread post by Onthebus » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 11:20 am

Telltails wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:50 am
Need to face the fact that good players want to play at the Roosters no matter how they run their cap.
They have turned over a heap of players in the past few years the difference is they replace them better than most other clubs - with equally good players. Good recruitment simple as that.
Must say its a nice lifestyle and all the lurks and perks that come with it

Players want to play for the Roosters because of a few things

Free car

Nice apartment near Bondi beach

Beach lifestyle

Plenty of cash

Uncle Nicks monthly bonus giveaway

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Unread post by Telltails » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:42 pm

Onthebus wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 11:20 am
Telltails wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:50 am
Need to face the fact that good players want to play at the Roosters no matter how they run their cap.
They have turned over a heap of players in the past few years the difference is they replace them better than most other clubs - with equally good players. Good recruitment simple as that.
Must say its a nice lifestyle and all the lurks and perks that come with it

Players want to play for the Roosters because of a few things

Free car

Nice apartment near Bondi beach

Beach lifestyle

Plenty of cash

Uncle Nicks monthly bonus giveaway
Yep all that - plus a quality roster.

kevinmcguiness
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon 16 Oct, 2017 4:18 pm

Unread post by kevinmcguiness » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:12 pm

Telltails wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:42 pm
Onthebus wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 11:20 am
Telltails wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:50 am
Need to face the fact that good players want to play at the Roosters no matter how they run their cap.
They have turned over a heap of players in the past few years the difference is they replace them better than most other clubs - with equally good players. Good recruitment simple as that.
Must say its a nice lifestyle and all the lurks and perks that come with it

Players want to play for the Roosters because of a few things

Free car

Nice apartment near Bondi beach

Beach lifestyle

Plenty of cash

Uncle Nicks monthly bonus giveaway
Yep all that - plus a quality roster.
night life/social life+ beautiful women
it got single Teddy over the line!

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1718
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:24 pm

Plenty of question marks have been raised over the Roosters' salary cap after they announced their third marquee signing in less than 12 months.

Crichton deal revives calls for an overhaul of contract system

But Roosters boss Nick Politis is adamant the club has done nothing illegal, arguing they are simply better at managing their funds and investing in the right talent than their rivals.
"We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements. We make some hard calls. We don't always get it right but we correct them quickly.''

In the process of adding James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and most recently Angus Crichton - who all reportedly sit on million dollar salaries - the Tricolours have seen nine players depart Bondi in the past year.

Mitchell Pearce's switch to Newcastle freed up a heap of cash to play with, while the increased salary cap to $9.4 million left some spare money in the kitty.

Crichton is suggested to be on seven figures, but Politis rubbished the reports and claimed their newest signing is bagging $700,000 a year - a bit over what the Rabbitohs put on the table.

The latest criticism is nothing new to the cashed-up chairman.

''Everyone is jealous of the Roosters. This has been going on for 50 years,'' Politis said.

User avatar
Hbom
Member
Member
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:18 pm

Unread post by Hbom » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 4:36 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:24 pm
Plenty of question marks have been raised over the Roosters' salary cap after they announced their third marquee signing in less than 12 months.

Crichton deal revives calls for an overhaul of contract system

But Roosters boss Nick Politis is adamant the club has done nothing illegal, arguing they are simply better at managing their funds and investing in the right talent than their rivals.
"We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements. We make some hard calls. We don't always get it right but we correct them quickly.''

In the process of adding James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and most recently Angus Crichton - who all reportedly sit on million dollar salaries - the Tricolours have seen nine players depart Bondi in the past year.

Mitchell Pearce's switch to Newcastle freed up a heap of cash to play with, while the increased salary cap to $9.4 million left some spare money in the kitty.

Crichton is suggested to be on seven figures, but Politis rubbished the reports and claimed their newest signing is bagging $700,000 a year - a bit over what the Rabbitohs put on the table.

The latest criticism is nothing new to the cashed-up chairman.

''Everyone is jealous of the Roosters. This has been going on for 50 years,'' Politis said.
So the cheating has been going on for 50 years. Thanks Nick, expect 4 premierships to be revoked back to '74.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19209
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 5:00 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:24 pm
Plenty of question marks have been raised over the Roosters' salary cap after they announced their third marquee signing in less than 12 months.

Crichton deal revives calls for an overhaul of contract system

But Roosters boss Nick Politis is adamant the club has done nothing illegal, arguing they are simply better at managing their funds and investing in the right talent than their rivals.
"We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements. We make some hard calls. We don't always get it right but we correct them quickly.''

In the process of adding James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and most recently Angus Crichton - who all reportedly sit on million dollar salaries - the Tricolours have seen nine players depart Bondi in the past year.

Mitchell Pearce's switch to Newcastle freed up a heap of cash to play with, while the increased salary cap to $9.4 million left some spare money in the kitty.

Crichton is suggested to be on seven figures, but Politis rubbished the reports and claimed their newest signing is bagging $700,000 a year - a bit over what the Rabbitohs put on the table.

The latest criticism is nothing new to the cashed-up chairman.

''Everyone is jealous of the Roosters. This has been going on for 50 years,'' Politis said.
Sounds like a teenage girl.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1718
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 9:22 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 5:00 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:24 pm
Plenty of question marks have been raised over the Roosters' salary cap after they announced their third marquee signing in less than 12 months.

Crichton deal revives calls for an overhaul of contract system

But Roosters boss Nick Politis is adamant the club has done nothing illegal, arguing they are simply better at managing their funds and investing in the right talent than their rivals.
"We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements. We make some hard calls. We don't always get it right but we correct them quickly.''

In the process of adding James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and most recently Angus Crichton - who all reportedly sit on million dollar salaries - the Tricolours have seen nine players depart Bondi in the past year.

Mitchell Pearce's switch to Newcastle freed up a heap of cash to play with, while the increased salary cap to $9.4 million left some spare money in the kitty.

Crichton is suggested to be on seven figures, but Politis rubbished the reports and claimed their newest signing is bagging $700,000 a year - a bit over what the Rabbitohs put on the table.

The latest criticism is nothing new to the cashed-up chairman.

''Everyone is jealous of the Roosters. This has been going on for 50 years,'' Politis said.
Sounds like a teenage girl.
What did you expect from a car salesman?

Post Reply

Return to “National Rugby League”

cron