Crichton to roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39046
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Crichton to roosters

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 5:35 pm

So what figures have been quoted on Crichton

Just remember blokes never played rep footy and only in second season

Realistically he is a 500 k a season player best case scenario


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27858
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 5:57 pm

Damn..we thought we had him...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1081
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 5:59 pm

Trying to be balanced here, BalmainBoy.
Let's say that Cronk, Tedesco and Crichton are on a max of 2.5 mil between them under the cap. This would leave 6.9 mil.

Let's say, being generous to the roosters, that Cordner and Kearey are on 1.5 between them

I'll say JWH, Friend and Napa are on 1.2, which for their starting front row id say is also a low estimate

Down to a max 4.2 cap space for 22 players at an average of 190. 2 more 300 k players and we are down to 180k for the remaining 20.

I'm sorry but even being very fair with these values something is suss. A squad of 30 with only 10-15 players on legitimate first grade money and they have the best team on paper? If they aren't rorting they will miss the 8 because they have 0 depth, and we all know that is a very unlikely scenario.

Looking at who they let go and extra cap value would only be a valid argument if they weren't already in breach of the cap's stated value. Your argument only suggests they aren't cheating by a greater percentage than they already were, which none of us know.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4346
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:14 pm

On the news tonight (?)
Crichton offered 650k by Souffs, but was offered 1 mill by the Rorters.

I believe it, it is just how the Rorters get it down to $283,000.94 for the Cap book.

What a joke - it is becoming so ridiculous that Grant and Greenberg need to be sacked immediately.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4694
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:23 pm

Hopefully he turns out to be a one season wonder.


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8585
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:27 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:14 pm
On the news tonight (?)
Crichton offered 650k by Souffs, but was offered 1 mill by the Rorters.

I believe it, it is just how the Rorters get it down to $283,000.94 for the Cap book.

What a joke - it is becoming so ridiculous that Grant and Greenberg need to be sacked immediately.
It wouldn't suprise me if Greenburg and company were getting their salaries topped up by the Roosters !

We just need to get smarter , but we keep on persevering with hacks like Lawrence and bringing crap like Marshall back into the fold .
Every dollar adds up !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27858
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:28 pm

hacks...lol...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:56 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 1:28 pm
the backlash will finally get the NRL to do something.
You would hope that it might get the NRL to act.
First of all you would have to get Greenberg's head out of his arse.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:58 pm

People have to remember that this is for 2019, but even so they will have Cronk, Teddy, Crighton and probably Cordner when he renews on 1 million deals in 2019.
That doesn't add up whichever way you cut it, especially when you throw in the rest of the rep players they have, Keary just got upgraded, JWH, Friend, Ferguson, Tupou, Mitchell, Liu, Aubusson, Taukeiaho, Napa and I probably missed a few others.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5678
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:00 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 7:56 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 1:28 pm
the backlash will finally get the NRL to do something.
You would hope that it might get the NRL to act.
First of all you would have to get Greenberg's head out of his arse.
That would be quite the extraction, maybe someone like Tommy could rip it out for us. :pray:
Go hard or go home

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:16 pm

What a joke this game is becoming.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:26 pm

If there is any justice in this world ..... they are well and truly due for some bad karma.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5140
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:27 pm

BalmainBoy wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 5:17 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 4:37 pm
BalmainBoy wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 3:37 pm
tigerap wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 3:31 pm


You are ruining the party....:-(

They also re-signed: Ferguson, Tupou, Napa and Matterson
Haha sorry to attempt some rational analysis...

Yes they did re-sign .. but that wouldn't go near the 1.8 million cap increase (maybe 500k on upgrading those players at most?).. the losses and gains seem to cancel out.. leaving the $1.8 cap increase.
Sorry to actually try and apply some quantitative logic but I read some of the stuff here and get frustrated.. always dragging the NRL down Paul Kent style..
The argument about cap increase doesn't wash. I've said this before - everyone gets the cap increase, it's the same increase across all clubs.

But for some reason Roosters appear capable of purchasing $1M players, 3 times no less, whereas no other club can seem to do so. Rabbits were outbid for Crichton and I can understand that, they have some expensive talent like Inglis and Burgess. But they were outbid by a team that already has MORE expensive talent and still somehow finds space.
It washes fine...
Im saying the salaries of the losses is matched by the salary of the gains.. and thats NOT including the $1.8 million..

A lot of teams didn't get the benefit of this increase (bulldogs etc) because of the ratchets in their contracts.

and I missed a few - Dale Copley, Jackson Hastings.
Roosters will have very little quality depth next year as they've traded for the top end of the roster.

Anyway .. no point trying to go against the grain here..
:roll
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:32 pm

tigerap wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 4:06 pm
Its hard to believe how NRL players these days go from nuffies to superstar pay packets in the space of 12 months...The greed that is in the game is very sad....

if the Roosters win the comp in the next 2 or 3 years it can only be a hollow one within the ranks, surely they can't hold the trophy up and feel like they "won" it...or lay claim to have "earned" it...they "bought" it...Gee, I hate the way the game has changed in the last 10-15 years...but I still follow it and my team... there is no way this competition is a level playing field...
Geez , do you really believe that if we did exactly what the Roosters do , or at least what we think they do , and snaffle a premiership because of it. That we all would line up at the NRL office
And tell them that because of all of us having a terrible hollow feeling ,we want to hand back the Trophy, So we can sleep soundly again.
Hypocrisy is alive and well.
I’d bet not ONE of us would be thinking about hollow feelings, or buying a premiership .

We wouldn’t give a bugger how we did it, as long as we got there you’d be cheering your head off along with the rest of us,
It’s easy for supporters (of any club) to have a holier than thou attitude when they believe that
Another clubs get a better run than their club does
We can whinge all we like, it’ll change nothing, we’ve got to get smarter.

However if I’m wrong and you’d line up to return the Trophy don’t bother being early as you’d probably be the only one in the line :roll

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7949
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:43 pm

BalmainBoy wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 3:26 pm
Roosters have lost:
Aiden Guerra 200-300k
Connor Watson 150-250k
Shuan Kenny-Dowall 250k-300k
Jayden Nikorima 100-200k
Paul Carter 100k - 200k
Mitchell Pearce 800-900k
Michael Gordon 200k -300k (maybe more?)
Kane Evans 100k
Liam Knights 100k

2 millionish lost?

Gained
Cronk - 800k?
Tedesco - 1 million
ugraded Keary - 200k upgrade?

Increased value 2 millionish?

The salary cap rose also from 7.6 to 9.4 million (1.8 million) - so any players ive missed or upgrades would fit within that..

Easy to say Roosters are rorters.. but I can see how they can fit Chrichton in with the players they've lost

The comments here seem unfounded when you really look at it..
you can't replace 9 players with 3.. you still need a top 30.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39046
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:17 pm

Hell of a lot of good backrowers in the NRL

Does he currently make the Top 10 on anyone's list based on where he stands currently , not POTENTIAL

He's not a 500 k player yet , yet someone has him getting 1.3 million and people believe it

Taumalolo is a $ 1 Million a season player remember

Cmon wake up and smell the roses , the $$$$'s being spoken about are pure garbage

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 5:35 pm
So what figures have been quoted on Crichton

Just remember blokes never played rep footy and only in second season

Realistically he is a 500 k a season player best case scenario
Anthony Seibold said on the news that Souths offered him $650K a season.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39046
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:29 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 5:35 pm
So what figures have been quoted on Crichton

Just remember blokes never played rep footy and only in second season

Realistically he is a 500 k a season player best case scenario
Anthony Seibold said on the news that Souths offered him $650K a season.
Again we need to ask if that is salary cap or with any TPA's BT

As I said just before , lot of good back rowers in the NRL and it would be doubtful he is in the Top 10 on that list

Just my opinion

Post Reply