Thu 21 Dec, 2017 9:01 am
But Jayne is a good Christian boy lol
So was Benny Hin :roll

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:41 am

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 10:43 pm
I'm no fan of Hayne but a few points about some of the posts on this thread:

There were no charges planned or actual. He wasn't fleeing anything. So his departure from the US is irrelevant. In any case he'd be liable for extradition anyway.

Everything is alleged at this stage. The police investigated and chose not to prosecute. Based on the deposition posted on the SMH it's not clear Hayne was even contacted by the police. You'd assume he was but it's not clear. If he wasn't as far as Hayne is concerned he "hooked up" with some random which no doubt is a regular event for Jarryd. Based on that why would he tell his manager or anyone else?
Sounds like a money grab.
If the police don’t think there was any evidence, it won’t have any effect on him or his club.if she goes to civil court and wins it might, although accusations against sports people in the USA are nothing new.
She’d need solid evidence, and it looks like the Police weren’t too concerned.
I agree with Yossarian about no reason to leave the country
A storm in a thimble.

Yossarian

Unread post by Yossarian » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:39 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 11:18 pm
Yossarian wrote:

There were no charges planned or actual. He wasn't fleeing anything. So his departure from the US is irrelevant. In any case he'd be liable for extradition anyway.

Everything is alleged at this stage. The police investigated and chose not to prosecute. Based on the deposition posted on the SMH it's not clear Hayne was even contacted by the police. You'd assume he was but it's not clear. If he wasn't as far as Hayne is concerned he "hooked up" with some random which no doubt is a regular event for Jarryd. Based on that why would he tell his manager or anyone else?
Surely a rape investigation would involve a chat to the accused at the least.
You'd think so but the deposition suggests that all the cops did was to advise the plaintiff to try and get incriminating evidence against Hayne. This seems to have largely been unsuccessful.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 1:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:39 am
gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 11:18 pm
Yossarian wrote:

Surely a rape investigation would involve a chat to the accused at the least.
You'd think so but the deposition suggests that all the cops did was to advise the plaintiff to try and get incriminating evidence against Hayne. This seems to have largely been unsuccessful.
Yeah. Fair enough. Just as long as it becones a circus around parra

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 3:52 pm

Yossarian wrote:

Aside from actually being a Hayne fan (I love players who can entertain), I agree.

It's an accusation that Hayne hasn't had a chance to rebuke. It's fairly open and made by one woman only.
I hope the Donors stand by Hayne till at least some proof of a crime is determined. Yes, you don't need a court verdict but some compelling witness, TV footage, something.

bp tiger

Unread post by bp tiger » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 4:58 pm

no fan of hayne, i think he is a wanker. but this trend of women accusing men of all sorts is becoming out of control. the accuser does not have to be identified and can wait for years before coming forward.all for justice but this is getting out of hand.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 8:58 am

bp tiger wrote:
Thu 21 Dec, 2017 4:58 pm
no fan of hayne, i think he is a wanker. but this trend of women accusing men of all sorts is becoming out of control. the accuser does not have to be identified and can wait for years before coming forward.all for justice but this is getting out of hand.
It’s sometimes just a good good way to make a quick quid, and until he’s found guilty of something other than just being Jarryd Hayne, he’s got no problems.
But as there’s nothing much happening in the game at the moments the Papers will keep it rolling aslong as they can.
I love the way people can be smeared without ever even seeing a court. :crazy
It’s too easy to accuse someone, without a shred of evidence. Then walk away with no penalty if you can’t prove the accusation.

Munk

Unread post by Munk » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 9:25 am

Thats right, mud sticks.
Theyll lead every news headline with him for a few weeks until a lot are convinced he is a rapist and then when nothing comes of it, theyll move on to someone else not giving a stuff that theyve made a lot of peoples minds on the matter.

Return to “National Rugby League”