Re: Dib lifts lid on moses, tedesco and woods

Post by happy tiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:33 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:04 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 8:23 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 8:16 am
Deep down I think Woods would be seething. You could tell he had established a very good relationship with Cleary. Sad in a way, he could been a one club man. Instead, he went through a period where he believed he was bigger than the club and made a decision he’ll always regret.
I think you're half right. He certainly will regret it in the short term, but the Dogs aren't a club that tolerate poor performance for too long. They'll bounce back in a year or two and Woods may find himself regularly singing the team song.
Quite possibly, but I think there will be a bit of pain for at least this year. I thought it was pretty damning when the rumours were swirling that he might backflip and when asked he never quashed it, he said “I don’t know what’s happening”. Not the words of somebody who was happy with his decision.
Coaches at the Dogs don't last long if they don't perform , whether they are part of the dogs furnishings or not

For a club that is known as the family club , when you look at the last 6 months and look at the unfolding board elections , they are the most dysfunctional family I know

Dogs of War is very apt also , they have lost the heart , passion and soul of the side with no Graham or Reynolds

Dogs will finish bottom 3 this season , who do they blame then , the fans ??

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:36 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Deep down I think Woods would be seething. You could tell he had established a very good relationship with Cleary. Sad in a way, he could been a one club man. Instead, he went through a period where he believed he was bigger than the club and made a decision he’ll always regret.
Or he’ll be stoked and think it was the best decision of his career, only he will know the answer to that one.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:45 am

Tacky wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:59 am
I really never want to hear about those 3 players ever again. Regardless of the context.
Well, don’t read posts with the heading. ” Dib Lifts Lid On Moses, Tedesco and Woods”.
That’d be a good first step to take
:roll:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:46 am

Shows the quality of these three. They make a deal to stick together, but then cut and run to look after themselves.

If the dogs had got all 3, they would have had to move another few players along.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:12 pm

I find it hard to believe anyone who says "my biggest problem is I'm too trusting", and in regards to the salary cap "we were too honest", and then goes on to talk about negotiations that involved an ex employee who is suing his organisation.

I prefer our fluff pieces to reading a Bulldogs fantasy story.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:19 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:45 am
Tacky wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:59 am
I really never want to hear about those 3 players ever again. Regardless of the context.
Well, don’t read posts with the heading. ” Dib Lifts Lid On Moses, Tedesco and Woods”.
That’d be a good first step to take
:roll:
You know what I mean
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:22 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:12 pm
I find it hard to believe anyone who says "my biggest problem is I'm too trusting", and in regards to the salary cap "we were too honest", and then goes on to talk about negotiations that involved an ex employee who is suing his organisation.

I prefer our fluff pieces to reading a Bulldogs fantasy story.
yep...its laughable

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:38 pm

What I find amazing is, the Dogs actually offered the three of them contracts when they were about a million over the cap. Just shows what some teams think of the cap

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 1:26 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
100% spot on.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 1:30 pm

hope Des comes back bigger and stronger. He hasn't had the Brisbane pedigree like Bennet or the slary cap cheating team like Bellamy- but has still had great success until last year.

as for Dib, there are so many contradictions in the interview itself, i cant be bothered clearing them.

as for us, i dont agree with Hasler if he actually think Moses isn't a good player. However, Moses' reputation with us will always remain as the person who dogged the team and his responsibilities coz he didn't get his way. We didn't choose to let him go, we had to coz he wouldn't put in.

as for woods, he deserves whatever he gets. if dogs are successful, it's a just prize for all the hardwork he's put in with us without any rewards (i.e. finals) and if they're unsuccessful, it's a just punishment for his last 6 months where he threw all his teammates under the bus.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 1:44 pm

Think Des just picked Moses as a downhill skier and someone who always would prefer the flashy over the effort and did not want him at the club.

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:26 pm

Interesting if true. Lends a bit of credence to the idea that Teddy would've stayed if Moses was signed on.

Or maybe they just planned to go to another club together all along. They seemed awfully happy to leave Wests Tigers behind.

Woods, for all the rubbish he cops, seems like the only one who wanted to stay.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:30 pm

notarealtiger wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:26 pm
Interesting if true. Lends a bit of credence to the idea that Teddy would've stayed if Moses was signed on.

Or maybe they just planned to go to another club together all along. They seemed awfully happy to leave Wests Tigers behind.

Woods, for all the s*** he cops, seems like the only one who wanted to stay.
We kept Dorothy. The Scarecrow (Woods - no brain), Tinman (Moses - no heart) and Lion (Tedesco) all chose to stay in Oz.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:38 pm

notarealtiger wrote:
Woods, for all the rubbish he cops, seems like the only one who wanted to stay.
Maybe. Then again he was working as a recruitment agent for players that were looking to leave the club where he was captain. That is pretty bad.

I think it shows how bad the other two are as well.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:53 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:30 pm
notarealtiger wrote:

Woods, for all the s*** he cops, seems like the only one who wanted to stay.
We kept Dorothy. The Scarecrow (Woods - no brain), Tinman (Moses - no heart) and Lion (Tedesco) all chose to stay in Oz.
You’ve switched Tedesco and brooks there. Brooks is to timid without courage to lead the team (lion)
Tedesco is the star of the show and just wants to leave (Dorothy)

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 2:57 pm

It's interesting.

Clearly the Bulldogs would have had to punt a lot of players to fit Woods, Tedesco and Moses under the flag. Probably both Morriss's, Maybe a Hopoate would have joined Graham and Reynolds to fit our big 3.
The board though was prepared to do it. Des balked at Signing Moses. Fair enough too, if Foran is in the pipeline and Moses was showing his Tiger form rather then his current Parramatta Eels form. I would not sign him either. You are also Potentially loosing your Fullback, maybe your 5/8 and Woods as well as Klemmer and Jackson around origin time.

Strange that the three were prepared to sacrifice dosh to play together. Funny too that for whatever reason the three did not add up with Des'ies spreadsheet (or at least Moses did not add up with that spreadsheet).

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 3:14 pm

How any club would sign Moses after he showed his true colours with us when he did not get his own way is amazing. He should have been black balled out of the NRL. Sadly rival clubs will throw everything out the window if they think a player will give them the edge. I have no doubt that Moses will end up a very good player, but he will never be a good bloke and your football career lasts about ten years if your lucky

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 3:15 pm

Probably a very large smokescreen as well

Hasler suing the Dogs and major board elections coming up , Dib changing the subject and trying to make Des look incompetent all in one