Dib lifts lid on moses, tedesco and woods

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Needaname

Re: Dib lifts lid on moses, tedesco and woods

Post by Needaname » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 6:09 pm

uuem wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 10:52 am
Maybe Cleary knew what was going on and what the 3 were really up to. So instead of playing there game he changed the rules to take back control for himself and the club.
Bingo!
People forget he spent a whole season coaching at Penrith in 2012 prior to Lewis Jennings, Burns and Gordon leaving....
Lewis at the start of the year, captain lewis mind you was one of the most vocal about Cleary and wanted out from the start of that year. Gordon was encouraged and Jennings didn’t want to be lonely and saw a better opportunity. Burns was a nutcase and got the sack based on 10 week suspension.

But Cleary already knew what was happening at this club before he signed, for him it would been almost Dejavu like...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:00 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 6:09 pm
uuem wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 10:52 am
Maybe Cleary knew what was going on and what the 3 were really up to. So instead of playing there game he changed the rules to take back control for himself and the club.
Bingo!
People forget he spent a whole season coaching at Penrith in 2012 prior to Lewis Jennings, Burns and Gordon leaving....
Lewis at the start of the year, captain lewis mind you was one of the most vocal about Cleary and wanted out from the start of that year. Gordon was encouraged and Jennings didn’t want to be lonely and saw a better opportunity. Burns was a nutcase and got the sack based on 10 week suspension.

But Cleary already knew what was happening at this club before he signed, for him it would been almost Dejavu like...
Interesting perspective, I agree with a lot of that.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:02 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:33 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:04 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 8:23 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 8:16 am
Deep down I think Woods would be seething. You could tell he had established a very good relationship with Cleary. Sad in a way, he could been a one club man. Instead, he went through a period where he believed he was bigger than the club and made a decision he’ll always regret.
I think you're half right. He certainly will regret it in the short term, but the Dogs aren't a club that tolerate poor performance for too long. They'll bounce back in a year or two and Woods may find himself regularly singing the team song.
Quite possibly, but I think there will be a bit of pain for at least this year. I thought it was pretty damning when the rumours were swirling that he might backflip and when asked he never quashed it, he said “I don’t know what’s happening”. Not the words of somebody who was happy with his decision.
Coaches at the Dogs don't last long if they don't perform , whether they are part of the dogs furnishings or not

For a club that is known as the family club , when you look at the last 6 months and look at the unfolding board elections , they are the most dysfunctional family I know

Dogs of War is very apt also , they have lost the heart , passion and soul of the side with no Graham or Reynolds

Dogs will finish bottom 3 this season , who do they blame then , the fans ??
I think they'll be in for a tough time this year, not so much from there on though.

I hate the way Woods carried on, but we're kidding ourselves if we think they'll be in the wilderness for the duration of his four years there.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:28 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 1:30 pm
hope Des comes back bigger and stronger. He hasn't had the Brisbane pedigree like Bennet or the slary cap cheating team like Bellamy- but has still had great success until last year.
I don't. Peptides will always be what I remember him for!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:53 pm

Dib is a real piece of work... It's quite remarkable the number of self serving people that are involved in the NRL. I'd be voting him out quick smart if I was a dogs member... I don't trust him one iota.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 10:55 pm

steve-o wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:53 pm
Dib is a real piece of work... It's quite remarkable the number of self serving people that are involved in the NRL. I'd be voting him out quick smart if I was a dogs member... I don't trust him one iota.
Agreed i believe much of what he said is to deflect criticism of his administration, dont forget there is a very bitter election happening at the dogs and he is fighting hard for his chairmanship.I feel he would sacrifice anybody to keep it including telling more than a few mistruths to keep it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:01 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 9:02 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:33 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:04 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 27 Jan, 2018 8:23 am

I think you're half right. He certainly will regret it in the short term, but the Dogs aren't a club that tolerate poor performance for too long. They'll bounce back in a year or two and Woods may find himself regularly singing the team song.
Quite possibly, but I think there will be a bit of pain for at least this year. I thought it was pretty damning when the rumours were swirling that he might backflip and when asked he never quashed it, he said “I don’t know what’s happening”. Not the words of somebody who was happy with his decision.
Coaches at the Dogs don't last long if they don't perform , whether they are part of the dogs furnishings or not

For a club that is known as the family club , when you look at the last 6 months and look at the unfolding board elections , they are the most dysfunctional family I know

Dogs of War is very apt also , they have lost the heart , passion and soul of the side with no Graham or Reynolds

Dogs will finish bottom 3 this season , who do they blame then , the fans ??
I think they'll be in for a tough time this year, not so much from there on though.

I hate the way Woods carried on, but we're kidding ourselves if we think they'll be in the wilderness for the duration of his four years there.
Yeah I agree , but after James Graham's performances in the WC , Woods has huge shoes to fill and Dogs fans will let him know if he doesn't

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 8:02 pm

Don't know if you blokes caught this or not. Sure to piss off some Dogs fans and who knows, maybe signing number 30.

Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 10:42 pm

Sold us out real early

Raffman

Post by Raffman » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 11:38 pm

Not sure if this has been posted already.

It's in the courts but I can say what's factual. Before we signed Des, Raelene (Castle, the former CEO) had been negotiating with his manager, George Mimis, for 12 months. They wanted a continuation of the original clauses. We wanted it in our favour, not his favour. We weren't going to give him the full autonomy that he'd had. We gave him that opportunity, we got to two grand finals but never won a premiership. Then in 2016, we had an ordinary year and the players blamed themselves. Des presented to the board before the 2017 and said the style of play would change. The first couple of rounds, the style changed. When you've got a lot of big-name players coming off contract, they want to know who the coach is before they re-sign. You're talking to Tedesco, Moses and Woods. All three were ready to sign, mate. All three. But Des didn't want Mitchell Moses because he said he wasn't the style of player and couldn't play the footy he wanted to play. Des said, He's not good enough to play. All three were done. Then Des wasn't convinced on Moses. I organised a personal meeting with Tedesco and Woods with Des Hasler. And they tried to convince Des Hasler that Mitchell was our man. Tedesco said, "I want to play for the Dogs but I need to know who the halves will be. If you sign Mitchell, I will sign tomorrow. I'm with you". Des said no. I remember both those players were prepared to sacrifice part of their contacts to bring Mitchell over. But once again, it was Des' call.

Full read below:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cant ... 0ou4k.html

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 11:41 pm

Yeah mate it has already been posted

:dead :dead
All aboard the Wayne Train :righton: :sign:

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 1:04 am

I think history will prove Des was wrong.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 8:56 am

cktiger wrote:
Sat 03 Feb, 2018 1:04 am
Or that Dib is a liar.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 9:08 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 03 Feb, 2018 8:56 am
cktiger wrote:
Or that Dib is a liar.
But more than likely both statements are correct.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 9:27 am

I believe the statement regarding the 3 muscateers is correct. Hasler was a fan of brookes though and may have been talked out of it. Make of that what you will.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 9:40 am

diedpretty wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Or that Dib is a liar.
We are lucky Dib is not part of this club i wouldnt trust him an inch

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 1:29 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 03 Feb, 2018 9:40 am
diedpretty wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Or that Dib is a liar.
We are lucky Dib is not part of this club i wouldnt trust him an inch
Couldn’t agree more - best thing the Bulldogs could do would be to vote him out.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 1:38 pm

Dib has been punted. Only current board member to retain position is Steve Mortimer.