Fresh calls for NRL salaries to be published

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Fade To Black

Re: Fresh calls for NRL salaries to be published

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:28 pm

Nice attempted offload Greenburg. "I hear alot of problems with the TPA situation but i dont hear of many solutions, that happens alot in our game". What the hell are you being paid to do you slimy, shifty flog? Sorting that sort of thing out is his responsibility surely. Sooner that ringworm is out of the NRL the better, don't trust him as far as i could punt that smug-looking head of his.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 6:17 pm

Snake wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:40 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 1:14 am
NRL made 3.9 million dollar loss last season and only 3 clubs were profitable

Biggest problem is the cost of going to a game has made rugby league a TV sport

If they can't find a way of turning the public's trend around in the short term they have real issues long term

Cheaper family prices and double headers are the answers in my opinion

Doing deals like 4 tickets , free transport and some sort of food combo (pies , hot dogs , burgers , chips and post mix bottomless drink ) for around $90 might help
You have to look at what the employees of these venues are paid .. we all want a good standard of living and with that comes paying more for everything , we have a small population and this is why ! No wages growth but continuing price increases across the board , when wages increase so does inflation and then interest rates .. So who does cover lowing the costs of everything to go to the footy ?if it was that easy it would already be happening .. the operators of ANZ are trying but reality is this is short term someone has to pay the piper!
Pack out a Stadium with a double header and the labour costs mean little ......

Make a bucketload with Post Mix and virtually no labour involved

Limited menu choices and you can really get the meals flying out and better buying power cheapens the cost

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 6:20 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:29 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 1:14 am
NRL made 3.9 million dollar loss last season and only 3 clubs were profitable

Biggest problem is the cost of going to a game has made rugby league a TV sport

If they can't find a way of turning the public's trend around in the short term they have real issues long term

Cheaper family prices and double headers are the answers in my opinion

Doing deals like 4 tickets , free transport and some sort of food combo (pies , hot dogs , burgers , chips and post mix bottomless drink ) for around $90 might help

You mean like this happy :

"NO more excuses.

That was the message from Dane Gagai as the Rabbitohs and three other Sydney clubs launched a war against poor crowds by announcing their ‘Fans First’ initiative.

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield revealed on Monday that South Sydney, along with the Tigers, Bulldogs and Eels, would be slashing ticket and food prices in 2018 to entice fans through the turnstiles at ANZ Stadium.

Adult tickets will be capped at $20, there is free entry for kids under 12 and free transport to the game. Plus $9.95 burger, chips and drink meal deals. Other weeks they’ll get $3 pies."
Bloody hell , didn't take them long to steal my idea :shock:

I still think they are missing the gold mine which is double headers

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 7:16 pm

I made a facebook post on this on one of the sports groups - c/paste verbatim - I reckon they should bring it in for all new contracts.

Its an invasion of privacy right now demanding that players disclose what they earn.

However if all contracts from a set date must be disclosed the players are then fully aware of what they are signing up for, and if they dont want to play NRL for a living then they dont have to sign up.

What that means is in 10-15 years everyone will eventually have their salaries made public.

Its a culture change, and not knee jerk that way.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 8:10 pm

I don't want to know players salaries , I'd be happy to know what each club's TPA's are

I don't agree wit Paul Kent on too much , but at least you know if your playing a team that has spent 1.5 million more than you when playing them

And reckon that Politis ,Thoroughbreds etc would lose the thrill of victory when they know they aren't winning on an even playing field

Especially when it is in black and white

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:03 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 8:10 pm
I don't want to know players salaries , I'd be happy to know what each club's TPA's are

I don't agree wit Paul Kent on too much , but at least you know if your playing a team that has spent 1.5 million more than you when playing them

And reckon that Politis ,Thoroughbreds etc would lose the thrill of victory when they know they aren't winning on an even playing field

Especially when it is in black and white
I agree - its not stepping on any individuals toes as it would only be a total figure. It can't be that hard considering the NRL has to register every TPA. The information is already there. The only reason for not doing is it will show how uneven the competition is.
Last edited by diedpretty on Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 8:23 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:28 pm
Nice attempted offload Greenburg. "I hear alot of problems with the TPA situation but i dont hear of many solutions, that happens alot in our game". What the hell are you being paid to do you slimy, shifty flog? Sorting that sort of thing out is his responsibility surely. Sooner that ringworm is out of the NRL the better, don't trust him as far as i could punt that smug-looking head of his.
Not doing much apparently, when sorting this issue should have been at or near the top of the priority list and a reasonable solution in place or ready to be implemented. Should not be in the job because of the Barba cover up for mine anyhow.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:03 am

Hoping the appointment of Peter Beattie as chairman of the ARLC makes a big difference

Not a Labour voter myself but always respected him , strong leader

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 11:13 am

I'm guessing Latimore won't be working for the players union for much longer... he's advocating for something that the players don't want. Though it's interesting that he seems to be using it as a bargaining chip... we will make player salaries transparent, if third party deals are still unlimited. The problem is that if that were to happen, so many fans would be turned off the game, because the uneven playing field would be clear as day for all to see (whereas now it's hidden behind the scenes)
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors