Anti Tampering Laws

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Post Reply
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38488
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Anti Tampering Laws

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:03 am

Just finished watching last night's 360 episode and saw the actual law on this subject

So you can basically negotiate with any player at any time as long as you don't stick a deal on the table until the last season

When you take that into consideration , why have the anti tampering laws

May as well just make it open slather


User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:05 am

Makes me sad to think how good this game would be with proper administration.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27133
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:20 am

You would be very naive if you believed approaches weren't made to players all the time regardless of whatever 'rule' the NRL had in place..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:55 am

So many players have left clubs recently, breaking a current deal, and gone to another club the same day.

It really is ridiculous. I agree, may as well not have the anti-tampering rules as they do not stop clubs from tampering with already existing deals.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:56 am

lol... Player Managers are probably negotiating players at other clubs as soon as their commissions come through looking for an additional pay-day
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 11:01 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:56 am
lol... Player Managers are probably negotiating players at other clubs as soon as their commissions come through looking for an additional pay-day
Spot on Watto...Im sure they all "respect the law,although they mostly break it ".... :roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27031
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 11:58 am

Come on guys...show some compassion.
NRL = caring and sharing on compassionate grounds

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:19 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:20 am
You would be very naive if you believed approaches weren't made to players all the time regardless of whatever 'rule' the NRL had in place..
Well I for one firmly believe players are only ever approached under the existing rules, and the NRL's guidelines are firmly upheld by player managers.

I also believe that all tradies declare 100% of cash jobs to the tax man.

I also believe that 100% of politicians are more interested in social development and representing the needs of their electorate than re-election.

I also believe that deelgates of both FIFA and the IOC have only the best interests of their sports in mind and there are never any under-table deals to make things happen.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27133
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:19 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:20 am
You would be very naive if you believed approaches weren't made to players all the time regardless of whatever 'rule' the NRL had in place..
Well I for one firmly believe players are only ever approached under the existing rules, and the NRL's guidelines are firmly upheld by player managers.

I also believe that all tradies declare 100% of cash jobs to the tax man.

I also believe that 100% of politicians are more interested in social development and representing the needs of their electorate than re-election.

I also believe that deelgates of both FIFA and the IOC have only the best interests of their sports in mind and there are never any under-table deals to make things happen.
and the Tooth Fairy I'm guessing...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Post Reply