Auburn Warriors to fold due to failed Mehajer sponsorship

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
innsaneink

Auburn Warriors to fold due to failed Mehajer sponsorship

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 12:54 pm

The Auburn Warriors rugby league club has been forced to fold after embattled former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer allegedly reneged on a six-figure sponsorship arrangement.............

read more:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/afte ... 0w1c8.html

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:17 pm

Would anyone expect anything else from this dope.

He is in his rightful place at the moment.

Sad day for the Auburn Warriors.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:28 pm

What a sad day for the club, which was formed in 1953. I played Under 18's for them in 1958, when they were in the Western Suburbs Junior League competition. Work, part-time University (and some lack of ability) forced me give it away in 1959.

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm sure most of you have heard what sort of bloke selim is.
Let me add this, just to give you an insight as to exactly how far up himself he really is.
On the sales office window of one of his developments, there is a happy picture of a modern, smiling family . . . showing how much the beautiful people love life in this high rise.
The mother is a good sort . . . perfect brilliant white teeth, holding her beautiful, impeccably dressed kids . . . . with dad alongside with his gleaming pearly whites with his cardigan tied loosely around his neck, just like he's just come back from watching a union game.

Here's the clincher . . . . Selim decided that the best person in the world to portray the ideal father is himself.
Step back for a moment and try to work out exactly what sort of tool you'd have to be to put yourself in the photo instead of paying $50 for a stock image.
Anyway, pretty poor form to do what he did to the club.
Karma is a beech in high heels. Hope he finds some new friends in prison. Boyfriends, that is.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:06 pm

We need a stronger ICAC to investigate matters like what has been reported.
Salim is not the only Councillor on Auburn council to act in this way, he just promoted himself which lead to people asking questions. Others do the same but kept their heads down.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 4:45 pm

colmcd wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:06 pm
Salim is not the only Councillor on Auburn council to act in this way, he just promoted himself which lead to people asking questions. Others do the same but kept their heads down.
About 30 years ago I heard about funny goings on about awarding of contracts. The Labor aldermen on Council at the time were dopes but were only in the minority. The ethnic reps did not do any favours for the area. It was all you scratch my back....
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 9:39 pm

Sad stuff.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 9:53 pm

colmcd wrote:
ICAC got itself neutered after the Margaret Cunneen affair and both sides of government have been stung too badly by it in recent years to want to give it back any muscle.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 10:01 pm

Who do they fall under as a feeder team?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:02 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 4:45 pm
colmcd wrote:
About 30 years ago I heard about funny goings on about awarding of contracts. The Labor aldermen on Council at the time were dopes but were only in the minority. The ethnic reps did not do any favours for the area. It was all you scratch my back....
To add to this, the Labor guys were semi hopeless. The Liberal's were totally hopeless and the local "ethnic" councillors were basically real estate agents wanting to make the big money. I have seen good councillors, both Labor and Liberal and Independent. But man there are some bad ones out there.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm

colmcd wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:02 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
colmcd wrote:
To add to this, the Labor guys were semi hopeless. The Liberal's were totally hopeless and the local "ethnic" councillors were basically real estate agents wanting to make the big money. I have seen good councillors, both Labor and Liberal and Independent. But man there are some bad ones out there.
I was a candidate for election there decades ago but due to corruption in the Labor Party I was sabotaged. But got plenty of first preference votes due to public speaking that I was not supposed to get.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:26 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
colmcd wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
colmcd wrote:
I was a candidate for election there decades ago but due to corruption in the Labor Party I was sabotaged. But got plenty of first preference votes due to public speaking that I was not supposed to get.
Yes, yes of course everybody had to resort to corruption to stop you from being elected such is your enormous charisma and intellect...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:19 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
colmcd wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
colmcd wrote:
I posit that it was more likely you spent all night on a bucket bong and showed up pantsless ranting about the hard done player of the day (likely Dennis Tutty,) and Uranium before vomiting all over yourself.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:37 pm

I wonder how many of those old clubs from the Wests juniors are still around. I played for Ashfield De La Salle in the 1960s and we played against teams like Enfield Federals, Concord United, Burwood United, Granville Diggers, Berala, St Pat's Strathfield and Auburn Warriors. It was a very good standard of football but the Feds were usually the team to beat. There were so many great players came from the Feds and went on to play grade at Wests over the years. I think they're still playing but in a different junior league these days.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:05 pm

coivtny wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 5:37 pm
I wonder how many of those old clubs from the Wests juniors are still around. I played for Ashfield De La Salle in the 1960s and we played against teams like Enfield Federals, Concord United, Burwood United, Granville Diggers, Berala, St Pat's Strathfield and Auburn Warriors. It was a very good standard of football but the Feds were usually the team to beat. There were so many great players came from the Feds and went on to play grade at Wests over the years. I think they're still playing but in a different junior league these days.
Enfield are part of Balmain now aren't they? Or is it Canterbury?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:10 pm

coivtny wrote:
Berala Bears are still going around last i heard, used to be my junior club many moons ago pretty sure they are in the Canterbury comp now too.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:10 pm
coivtny wrote:
Berala Bears are still going around last i heard, used to be my junior club many moons ago pretty sure they are in the Canterbury comp now too.
St Pat's Strathfield is a rugby union/soccer school these days.

Check out this re Burwood United/Concord United : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... D=56656920

Check out this re Enfield Federals : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... sID=165073

Check out this re Berala Bears ; http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... &sID=51307

Check out this re Auburn Warriors : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... D=49265392

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:34 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Mon 16 Apr, 2018 6:10 pm
coivtny wrote:
St Pat's Strathfield is a rugby union/soccer school these days.

Check out this re Burwood United/Concord United : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... D=56656920

Check out this re Enfield Federals : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... sID=165073

Check out this re Berala Bears ; http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... &sID=51307

Check out this re Auburn Warriors : http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info. ... D=49265392
Thanks for those links, glad these great old teams are continuing on after all these years. My brother went to St Pat's but I wasn't allowed to go because he got expelled so I went to Ashfield instead. St Pat's were a league school until they decided to go 'up-market' and play rugby. Their long term aim was to get into the GPS competition but that never happened because the other GPS schools wouldn't let a team from the western suburbs into their elite competition.