Auburn Warriors to fold due to failed Mehajer sponsorship

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion

Auburn Warriors to fold due to failed Mehajer sponsorship

Post by innsaneink » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 12:54 pm

The Auburn Warriors rugby league club has been forced to fold after embattled former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer allegedly reneged on a six-figure sponsorship arrangement.............

read more: ... 0w1c8.html

Post by Russell » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:17 pm

Would anyone expect anything else from this dope.

He is in his rightful place at the moment.

Sad day for the Auburn Warriors.

Post by MightyMaggy » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:28 pm

What a sad day for the club, which was formed in 1953. I played Under 18's for them in 1958, when they were in the Western Suburbs Junior League competition. Work, part-time University (and some lack of ability) forced me give it away in 1959.

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm sure most of you have heard what sort of bloke selim is.
Let me add this, just to give you an insight as to exactly how far up himself he really is.
On the sales office window of one of his developments, there is a happy picture of a modern, smiling family . . . showing how much the beautiful people love life in this high rise.
The mother is a good sort . . . perfect brilliant white teeth, holding her beautiful, impeccably dressed kids . . . . with dad alongside with his gleaming pearly whites with his cardigan tied loosely around his neck, just like he's just come back from watching a union game.

Here's the clincher . . . . Selim decided that the best person in the world to portray the ideal father is himself.
Step back for a moment and try to work out exactly what sort of tool you'd have to be to put yourself in the photo instead of paying $50 for a stock image.
Anyway, pretty poor form to do what he did to the club.
Karma is a beech in high heels. Hope he finds some new friends in prison. Boyfriends, that is.

Post by colmcd » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:06 pm

We need a stronger ICAC to investigate matters like what has been reported.
Salim is not the only Councillor on Auburn council to act in this way, he just promoted himself which lead to people asking questions. Others do the same but kept their heads down.