Mathew Lodge

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Geo.

Re: Mathew Lodge

Post by Geo. » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 9:00 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 08 Mar, 2018 12:14 am
I haven't seen the Interview with Yvonne Sampson yet ,( have taped it )
but why not get interviewed by Paul Kent or Phil Gould ??

For me that says enough alone
Why not the Doyens... Rothfield or Weidler..

I have found Yvonne a very good interviewer ....does not take a backward step...

Only one i have seen actually grill Greenburg...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Silentio

Post by Silentio » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 9:31 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:04 pm
The League Life interview tonight didn't do anything to prove he is truly remorseful. He calls his rampage "embarrassing". Disgraceful, idiotic or shameful would better describe it IMO.
Claims he blacked out and remembers nothing of the night but in the next breath says he disputes some of the accusations levelled against him from the victims. He is full of BS- will fit right in at the Broncos who aren't really known for their integrity as a club.
James Graham will hopefully give him a lesson about being a real man and knock him rotten tomorrow night.
Agree, to say you don't remember a thing and then dispute the claims of the victims was incredibly cringeworthy. The reporter should have jumped on it.

It didn't get much better when he more or less dismissed the compensation claim and his previous domestic violence charges.

What a spineless grub. At least he's not alone, he'll feel right at home with Uncle Wayne Bennett.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 9:43 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 08 Mar, 2018 9:00 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 08 Mar, 2018 12:14 am
I haven't seen the Interview with Yvonne Sampson yet ,( have taped it )
but why not get interviewed by Paul Kent or Phil Gould ??

For me that says enough alone
Why not the Doyens... Rothfield or Weidler..

I have found Yvonne a very good interviewer ....does not take a backward step...

Only one i have seen actually grill Greenburg...
I can think of another word that starts with a D that is more suitable than Doyens

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 10:40 am

If the Dragons throw a few swinging arms or stiff arm Lodge. Do you think the ref will penalise them or penalise Lodge for leading with the head?
in Ivan we distrust

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 11:30 am

strrretch wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:44 pm
All u knockers must lead a very cloistered existence or ur as soft as limp marshmallows. Not to condone bad behaviour, but really....... get real
Oh, sorry for being as soft as limp marshmallows. I should be a 'real man' hey, like someone that attacks and threatens women and children, real men like Lodge.. No thanks mate. I would say i'm more evolved than that animal, but I don't want to categorise him with animals, thats not fair. The animals I know are much more present and awake than this moron.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 11:48 am

Storm = teacup.

Rugby League is too small a market proven when reporters continually seek out human headlines like Gallen and Lewis to make stories.

Let Lodge play and earn the income so he can pay the money he owes to the family in the US. Hopefully he has matured and overcome his issues.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:10 am

After saying last week that he has never hit a woman his ex girl friend (whilst he was at the Tigers)has come out and revealed all. (for no money I might add.)

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... 2330fd0eb6

Sickening story to say the least. It's a real shame she didn't inform the Tigers so we could have sacked him before his New York disgrace.

Matt Lodge should be immediately removed from the NRL - anything less is not acceptable.

Here's a small snippet.

Ms Saliba said their two-year relationship began in 2013 but soon descended into cycle of domestic violence, including vile verbal abuse, stalking, intimidation and physical attacks that included grabbing her, elbowing her face, smashing her head into a car roof and hitting in her in the face hard enough that she fell to the ground.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:19 am

Suspend him immediately
(Or at least for the next game)
No Lodge
No Kahu
No Worries
Disgraceful act by Lodge
I haven't seen him display any remorse
So what did the Nrl know before allowing lodge back in to the game
Better still what did Bennett know

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:29 am

Packer v Lodge should be interesting to say the least

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:32 am

Defiant wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:10 am
After saying last week that he has never hit a woman his ex girl friend (whilst he was at the Tigers)has come out and revealed all. (for no money I might add.)

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... 2330fd0eb6

Sickening story to say the least. It's a real shame she didn't inform the Tigers so we could have sacked him before his New York disgrace.

Matt Lodge should be immediately removed from the NRL - anything less is not acceptable.

Here's a small snippet.

Ms Saliba said their two-year relationship began in 2013 but soon descended into cycle of domestic violence, including vile verbal abuse, stalking, intimidation and physical attacks that included grabbing her, elbowing her face, smashing her head into a car roof and hitting in her in the face hard enough that she fell to the ground.
She did and he got suspended pending further investigation. The club had basically sacked him before NYC.

This isn't news. It was covered at the time, the same with his abuse of the young kids at a local footy field.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:35 am

I dare say the boys will come armed with plenty of good sledging material to get under his skin. "Tonight's the night......."
"Quality Stupidity"

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:13 pm

tiger watto, are u related to lodge, because u come across like he is been hard done by. yet on the other hand u want to trash packer, the difference there is packer served time lodge got a free pass. ur bias to lodge is very strange unless ur related or a good friend.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 1:27 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:35 am
I dare say the boys will come armed with plenty of good sledging material to get under his skin. "Tonight's the night......."
Maybe we can play this every time he runs the ball.

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:27 pm

The NRL claim to be advocates of women and women's contributions to society. They promote breast cancer awareness and advocate awareness for domestic violence.

...........Then they have Matthew Lodge.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:56 pm

A bit hard to see his career continuing for much longer..

It's great for a change not reading anything negative about the Tigers. Even todays DT has a couple of stories that are very positive, all the while taking the wee out of the Dogs.

Which is a damn shame (hehe)

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 2:36 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:13 pm
tiger watto, are u related to lodge, because u come across like he is been hard done by. yet on the other hand u want to trash packer, the difference there is packer served time lodge got a free pass. ur bias to lodge is very strange unless ur related or a good friend.
definitely not related.... I see no difference between lodge and packer instances in relation to their NRL careers.

Both committed hideous acts of alcohol fuelled violence, both were charged and served their punishments, both were allowed back into the NRL after a period of time and upon showing remorse. I'd have no problem in Lodge not being allowed back into the competition if Packer, Lui etc weren't allowed back in, but they were!

The stuff in the media happened before the NYC instances and is nothing short of atrocious reporting striking at the hearts and mind of the emotionally stupid... Have they sucked you in???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 3:01 pm

Plenty would argue Lodge has neither served any punishment or shown any real remorse.
Packer served proper time at least for his crime, he definitely didn't escape punishment like Lodge has thus far.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 3:05 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 2:36 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:13 pm
definitely not related.... I see no difference between lodge and packer instances in relation to their NRL careers.

Both committed hideous acts of alcohol fuelled violence, both were charged and served their punishments, both were allowed back into the NRL after a period of time and upon showing remorse. I'd have no problem in Lodge not being allowed back into the competition if Packer, Lui etc weren't allowed back in, but they were!

The stuff in the media happened before the NYC instances and is nothing short of atrocious reporting striking at the hearts and mind of the emotionally stupid... Have they sucked you in???
The difference is - Packer has paid for his crime literally and has shown remorse.
Lodge was convicted and has not paid for his crime and has not shown remorse.

They are not remotely the same characters and Lodges crime was ten times worse.

I have no problem with Packer but Lodge should have received a lengthy sentence, never mind about playing for the Broncos.