Round 1 other games **spoiler alert **

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
User avatar
Golden_Boots
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri 11 Dec, 2009 11:29 am

Re: Round 1 other games **spoiler alert **

Post by Golden_Boots » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 1:38 am

Uncle Benny coaches the same way he did when they had 10+ rep players in the squad. Average.


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 4:58 am

It was good to see Newcastle get a round one win at home.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 5:23 am

Lachlan Fitzgibbon is fast establishing himself as one of the biggest tossers in the game. He'll be the new Greg Bird in a couple of seasons.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:38 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 11:07 pm
Ava had a starting spot here, and left to be a bench player 😂

I had a lot of respect for him and the way left, till he decided to run the club down in the off season. He can get stuffed.
Did he? I missed that.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:39 am

Broncos are in a world of hurt this year. They were totally impotent.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22183
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:47 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 11:07 pm
Ava had a starting spot here, and left to be a bench player 😂

I had a lot of respect for him and the way left, till he decided to run the club down in the off season. He can get stuffed.
Did he? I missed that.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30309

He said he had to get out because he was tired of the club being in the papers all the time. Yet in the next breath says he admires the Sharks culture and how they came together during adversity. That adversity being a drug scandal that was also in the papers :?

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:56 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:47 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 7:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 11:07 pm
Ava had a starting spot here, and left to be a bench player 😂

I had a lot of respect for him and the way left, till he decided to run the club down in the off season. He can get stuffed.
Did he? I missed that.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30309

He said he had to get out because he was tired of the club being in the papers all the time. Yet in the next breath says he admires the Sharks culture and how they came together during adversity. That adversity being a drug scandal that was also in the papers :?
Ha, I even commented on it. Life is a haze.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4392
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 2:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 09 Mar, 2018 9:29 pm
Holmes is a great fb under the highball for a winger..

P.S. Wd Knights suk a big one Manly..
I watched about 60 mins of the game and I don't recall watching a worse performance from a fullback. He was abysmal in defense.

snowleopard
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Syney NZ Manila

Post by snowleopard » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 2:18 pm

Watching the knights game Guera was very good for 80 mins , especially in the 1% areas. Plays a similar role as Lawrence these days and Fulton before him. Every team needs one.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5415
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:18 pm

The pre-game vomit-fest gushing over GI is overwhelming. Yes, let's all feel sorry for the wife-beating bloke with the free boat as part of his back-room contract a few years back (not to mention the "incentives" Maximus Auerealius would be putting in his pocket). Cry me a river, I'll save my concern for Joe-Blow on minimum wage. The media lauds scum yet elects not to cover genuine hard-luck stories such as Tuiaki, Dwyer and the like.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10107
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:23 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:18 pm
The pre-game vomit-fest gushing over GI is overwhelming. Yes, let's all feel sorry for the wife-beating bloke with the free boat as part of his back-room contract a few years back (not to mention the "incentives" Maximus Auerealius would be putting in his pocket). Cry me a river, I'll save my concern for Joe-Blow on minimum wage. The media lauds scum yet elects not to cover genuine hard-luck stories such as Tuiaki, Dwyer and the like.
Yeah and you watch the flog get a gig with Channel 9 once his playing days are over .... :brick:
...once he receives free elocution lessons !!
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29195
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:25 pm

Just home turned on the telly...Souff's getting flogged..can the weekend get any better..

Hold on Wobblers....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:04 pm

Woodsy's hair has gone from bad to worse. What the hell is that?!
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10107
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 8:25 pm
Just home turned on the telly...Souff's getting flogged..can the weekend get any better..

Hold on Wobblers....
:roll

All the glamour teams losing !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10107
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:04 pm
Woodsy's hair has gone from bad to worse. What the hell is that?!
Looks like he's going bald up top ...
Combover next season :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:11 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:04 pm
Woodsy's hair has gone from bad to worse. What the hell is that?!
Looks like he's going bald up top ...
Combover next season :lol:
He should take a leaf out of Klemmer's book
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10107
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:14 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:11 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:04 pm
Woodsy's hair has gone from bad to worse. What the hell is that?!
Looks like he's going bald up top ...
Combover next season :lol:
He should take a leaf out of Klemmer's book
Who's the dogs player wearring a high court judge wig ?
That's a shocker !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
The Bard
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun 22 Jan, 2017 7:21 pm

Post by The Bard » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:17 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 9:04 pm
Woodsy's hair has gone from bad to worse. What the hell is that?!
Looks like he's going bald up top ...
Combover next season :lol:
He looks like Daryl Brohman with a bob...
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Post Reply