Bulldogs Football club losing control of board?

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
hank37w
Member
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:23 am
Location: South West

Re: Bulldogs Football club losing control of board?

Post by hank37w » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:06 am

and end up in the wrong post code.


Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:45 am

You couldn't script the season of this season any better.
in Ivan we distrust

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:35 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:45 am
You couldn't script the season of this season any better.
I know it's amazing eh? Long season to go yet, but so far this has been fun to actually be winning while watching the supposedly stable clubs that our 'marquee' players defected to implode.

Now all we need is for the Roosters to be caught in the biggest salary cap rort in the history of the game and lose all their points for the next two seasons! Dreaming I know, but I wouldn't care if we didn't even make the eight, that alone would make my year complete :mrgreen:

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:46 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:35 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:45 am
You couldn't script the season of this season any better.
I know it's amazing eh? Long season to go yet, but so far this has been fun to actually be winning while watching the supposedly stable clubs that our 'marquee' players defected to implode.

Now all we need is for the Roosters to be caught in the biggest salary cap rort in the history of the game and lose all their points for the next two seasons! Dreaming I know, but I wouldn't care if we didn't even make the eight, that alone would make my year complete :mrgreen:
If someone had said in the preseason prediction that we’d beat the Roosters in R1 then beat Melbourne in Melb. With Teddy having a shocker against us. Brooks outplaying Cronk and Croft. With Kev in the centres and Lawerence in the 2nd Row. Benji controlling the game from 6 ... they would have been told to get off the wacky tabbacky. What a start. However we have had good starts before then end up going into a heap.
in Ivan we distrust

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:09 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:46 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 8:35 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 7:45 am
You couldn't script the season of this season any better.
I know it's amazing eh? Long season to go yet, but so far this has been fun to actually be winning while watching the supposedly stable clubs that our 'marquee' players defected to implode.

Now all we need is for the Roosters to be caught in the biggest salary cap rort in the history of the game and lose all their points for the next two seasons! Dreaming I know, but I wouldn't care if we didn't even make the eight, that alone would make my year complete :mrgreen:
If someone had said in the preseason prediction that we’d beat the Roosters in R1 then beat Melbourne in Melb. With Teddy having a shocker against us. Brooks outplaying Cronk and Croft. With Kev in the centres and Lawerence in the 2nd Row. Benji controlling the game from 6 ... they would have been told to get off the wacky tabbacky. What a start. However we have had good starts before then end up going into a heap.
Lol when you spell it out like that, it's even more unbelievable!


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22871
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:13 pm

He only has himself to blame. Moses left because he’s a selfish twat, Tedesco left because he sold his soul. Woods left out of spite. I re-watched his Hooper interview yesterday and had forgotten how vindictive he was. Didn’t help that he would have had much smarter brains around him, pumping up his ego, telling him he was better off. Now, he’s learning the hard way. Never go against the family.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm

Still think Woods served our club well regardless of what motivated him to leave -and without presumption and arguing about it again - the two years of JT as a coach were less than inspiring -putting it kindly.

However, the irony of his current situation does not escape me, and that cant be making his transiton to his new club ideal. Its got to have him shaking his head just a little -or a lot.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:35 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm
Still think Woods served our club well regardless of what motivated him to leave -and without presumption and arguing about it again - the two years of JT as a coach were less than inspiring -putting it kindly.

However, the irony of his current situation does not escape me, and that cant be making his transiton to his new club ideal. Its got to have him shaking his head just a little -or a lot.
Very fair and balanced post

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:36 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm
Still think Woods served our club well regardless of what motivated him to leave -and without presumption and arguing about it again - the two years of JT as a coach were less than inspiring -putting it kindly.

However, the irony of his current situation does not escape me, and that cant be making his transiton to his new club ideal. Its got to have him shaking his head just a little -or a lot.
I've got no problem with Teddy

Only problem I have with Moses is that he threw the towl in to leave, but at least he made his intentons known and left asap

Woods but can go to hell if you ask me. he was the captain of this club and constantly told media he hasn't looked at his options when Ray Dibb came out and said his club held behind the scenes meetings.... and the softy of a captain tried taking our marquee players with him! Name me one club captain that would do that, could you see Gallen off contract going to Dragons behindd the scenes while telling people he hasn't looked at his options giving the club false hope and takes Holmes and Wade Graham with him?

I hope Woods never sees finals football and never puts on a wests tigers jersey again too

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:48 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:36 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm
Still think Woods served our club well regardless of what motivated him to leave -and without presumption and arguing about it again - the two years of JT as a coach were less than inspiring -putting it kindly.

However, the irony of his current situation does not escape me, and that cant be making his transiton to his new club ideal. Its got to have him shaking his head just a little -or a lot.
I've got no problem with Teddy

Only problem I have with Moses is that he threw the towl in to leave, but at least he made his intentons known and left asap

Woods but can go to hell if you ask me. he was the captain of this club and constantly told media he hasn't looked at his options when Ray Dibb came out and said his club held behind the scenes meetings.... and the softy of a captain tried taking our marquee players with him! Name me one club captain that would do that, could you see Gallen off contract going to Dragons behindd the scenes while telling people he hasn't looked at his options giving the club false hope and takes Holmes and Wade Graham with him?

I hope Woods never sees finals football and never puts on a wests tigers jersey again too
No problem with Teddy? Mate the guy has been wanting to leave ever since he got here! He was happy to skip off to Canberra a few years ago until Farah talked him out of it, now first chance he has he's off to the millionaire club to win a Premiership. No loyalty whatsoever and joined the worst possible club in the NRL. I hope none of them win a Premiership.

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 12:14 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:48 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:36 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm
Still think Woods served our club well regardless of what motivated him to leave -and without presumption and arguing about it again - the two years of JT as a coach were less than inspiring -putting it kindly.

However, the irony of his current situation does not escape me, and that cant be making his transiton to his new club ideal. Its got to have him shaking his head just a little -or a lot.
I've got no problem with Teddy

Only problem I have with Moses is that he threw the towl in to leave, but at least he made his intentons known and left asap

Woods but can go to hell if you ask me. he was the captain of this club and constantly told media he hasn't looked at his options when Ray Dibb came out and said his club held behind the scenes meetings.... and the softy of a captain tried taking our marquee players with him! Name me one club captain that would do that, could you see Gallen off contract going to Dragons behindd the scenes while telling people he hasn't looked at his options giving the club false hope and takes Holmes and Wade Graham with him?

I hope Woods never sees finals football and never puts on a wests tigers jersey again too
No problem with Teddy? Mate the guy has been wanting to leave ever since he got here! He was happy to skip off to Canberra a few years ago until Farah talked him out of it, now first chance he has he's off to the millionaire club to win a Premiership. No loyalty whatsoever and joined the worst possible club in the NRL. I hope none of them win a Premiership.
There’s no problem with leaving the bloke got offered big money at a successful club, I hate the roosters more than anyone but you can’t deny there success on the field.

It’s rugby league, obviously I’m not pleased with him leaving but you can’t blame him.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 12:28 am

teddy23 wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:36 pm
Telltails wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm
Still think Woods served our club well regardless of what motivated him to leave -and without presumption and arguing about it again - the two years of JT as a coach were less than inspiring -putting it kindly.

However, the irony of his current situation does not escape me, and that cant be making his transiton to his new club ideal. Its got to have him shaking his head just a little -or a lot.
I've got no problem with Teddy

Only problem I have with Moses is that he threw the towl in to leave, but at least he made his intentons known and left asap

Woods but can go to hell if you ask me. he was the captain of this club and constantly told media he hasn't looked at his options when Ray Dibb came out and said his club held behind the scenes meetings.... and the softy of a captain tried taking our marquee players with him! Name me one club captain that would do that, could you see Gallen off contract going to Dragons behindd the scenes while telling people he hasn't looked at his options giving the club false hope and takes Holmes and Wade Graham with him?

I hope Woods never sees finals football and never puts on a wests tigers jersey again too
The Bulldogs main target was Teddy. They were going after him with or without Woods. The three of them shared the same manager if anyone was arranging meetings with the Bulldogs it would be Isaac Moses. Des didnt want Mitch Moses, and Teddy lost interest when they dropped off - so clearly Woods was not a factor in Teddys playing future.
Teddy was more than capable of deciding who he wanted to play for, and it wasnt us or the Bulldogs.

You have got your head in the sand if you dont think all marquee players are negotiating with other clubs behind closed doors without sharing thatvin the media- just like we will be doing with Nathan Cleary while he is still signed with Penrith and we will use his dad to try and lure him here .. while also trying to beat other clubs to get his signature.
And if that happens the Penrith fans will be filthy, and we will be rejoicing.

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 5:02 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:13 pm
He only has himself to blame. Moses left because he’s a selfish twat, Tedesco left because he sold his soul. Woods left out of spite. I re-watched his Hooper interview yesterday and had forgotten how vindictive he was. Didn’t help that he would have had much smarter brains around him, pumping up his ego, telling him he was better off. Now, he’s learning the hard way. Never go against the family.
Please GNR, would you direct me to the Hooper interview of Woods to which you refer.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22871
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 6:17 am

MightyMaggy wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 5:02 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:13 pm
He only has himself to blame. Moses left because he’s a selfish twat, Tedesco left because he sold his soul. Woods left out of spite. I re-watched his Hooper interview yesterday and had forgotten how vindictive he was. Didn’t help that he would have had much smarter brains around him, pumping up his ego, telling him he was better off. Now, he’s learning the hard way. Never go against the family.
Please GNR, would you direct me to the Hooper interview of Woods to which you refer.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2259
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 7:54 am

:roll
:roll
:roll

Oh stop my sides are hurting from laughing

:roll
:roll
:roll

It is what it is and what it is is KARMA.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 8:27 am

I got to the 3.48 mark and turned it off. Enjoy life as a dog Aaron.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 8:44 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 8:27 am
I got to the 3.48 mark and turned it off. Enjoy life as a dog Aaron.
He’s not the player the Bulldogs needed. They already have Tolmam, Eastwood , Elliot ect.
Bad mistake getting Woods then flicking Graham. Oh well....

I did do a Tacky and had a look at the Bulldogs forum. In the 3,2,1’s Woods featured a lot , which does say a lot about the balance of there side.
in Ivan we distrust

Post Reply