TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
goldcoast tiger

Re: TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 5:36 pm

Furious1 wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 4:12 pm
It's funny that Teddy thought he had to do everything. It seems to be a concept Teddy, Moses and Woods struggled with that when you get paid the big dollars the onus is on YOU not the lowly paid players around you to deliver results.
That’s partly right,, the rest of the team doesn’t Have to be world beaters, but they should be able to do their job,
Unfortunately a lot of then weren’t too familiar with that idea

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 5:55 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 5:30 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 3:33 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:07 pm
A lot of people seem to forget that at the time Teddy arrived as a prospective very talented player, our club was trying very hard to show all of our players that Loyalty in Rugby Leage was dead and buried (if it ever existed at all )
I can’t see how any young players would be thinking” Geez I want to spend my career here” ‘ especially one who could walk into most , if not all clubs in the NRL.
Much as I hate the fact that he’s not here, I love watching him play
And it pisses me off that the clubs actions around that time did not help in keeping him here
As for him saying something that some of us get touchy about, it might hurt to remember that some here have said a hell of a lot worse about him on a regular basis
I think what he’s said is still very little, compared to what’s been slung at him. Most of what I’ve seen has been very mild to what’s been said here
Please be specific about how the club was showing players that loyalty is dead, otherwise what you are saying is all just fog. What exactly did the club do and to whom to show Tedesco we would not or could not be loyal?
Do you think that the players slept through the shafting of one of the most loyal players that we’ve had,
They saw first hand , just what could happen to any of them,
I said around that time , that why would Players not remember what was happening , and why they should consider anyone but themselves when contract time came around ,
The Club set the bar very low as far as loyalty was concerned, why shouldn’t the players remember that.
I’m not saying that was the biggest reason for leaving, just that it wouldn’t have helped.
Is that specific enough. To get rid of the “fog”
Are you talking about the departure of Beau Ryan?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 6:51 pm

I think hes talking about Gibbs

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 6:51 pm
I think hes talking about Gibbs
Definetly!!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:30 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:01 am
Telltails wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 3:34 am
Teddy has moved on we need to as well. There is no doubt he made a decision that was career based, and at this point its hard to argue that it was not a good decision for him.. We need to forge our own path now.
Well, I would assume most of the tigers' hierarchy have moved on. We've heard no mention of him from any of the likes of Cleary, Pascoe, etc. It is Tedesco who has been talking about us unfavourably in the press. He needs to move on
Unfavourably, or a frustrating truth? Considering the year he has had I think it is safe to say that he more than moved on.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:02 am

The sad truth is he is flourishing at roosters which was inevitable.

Even woods is happy.

Its called success. Both have are real chanch at s GF and title in year 1.

Still hurts but thats the truth.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:14 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:02 am

Even woods is happy.

Tedesco isnt playing any better this year than what he showed with WT. Neither is Woods. Playing for clubs with bottomless pits of money/outside bonuses is always going to equate to a greater success rate.
Both Woods and Ted took some cheap shots at WT after their departure. Pretty pathetic from them IMO, particularly Tedesco the ungrateful flog who apparantly forgot WT stood solid by him throughout his injury-riddled time at the club.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:20 pm

Is it just me or are Tedesco and Moses similar? It's all about me, me and me!. I don't care how good they are, being so focussed on one self cannot be good for the team.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm

Turdy is a real grub

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 2:10 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:20 pm
Is it just me or are Tedesco and Moses similar? It's all about me, me and me!. I don't care how good they are, being so focussed on one self cannot be good for the team.
Agreed, they only ever talk about themselves and the team as an extension of themselves.

The polar opposite from guys like Luke Lewis.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 2:23 pm

unlike our grubbiest grub, our ex-captain, born again WT :bash :mrgreen:

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 4:36 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:14 pm
Spartan117 wrote:

Even woods is happy.

Tedesco isnt playing any better this year than what he showed with WT. Neither is Woods. Playing for clubs with bottomless pits of money/outside bonuses is always going to equate to a greater success rate.
Both Woods and Ted took some cheap shots at WT after their departure. Pretty pathetic from them IMO, particularly Tedesco the ungrateful flog who apparantly forgot WT stood solid by him throughout his injury-riddled time at the club.
What would you expect them to do
He was one of only a few players we had, that were genuine first grade players.
If he was not looked after he would have gone long ago, apart from the fact that he was hurt playing for the club and had to be looked after because his contract required it
He owes nothing.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 4:39 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 4:36 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

Even woods is happy.

If he was not looked after he would have gone long ago, apart from the fact that he was hurt playing for the club and had to be looked after because his contract required it
He owes nothing.
Yeah I'm sure that's how he looks at it too. That's just how selfish flogs see the world...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 4:51 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 4:39 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

Even woods is happy.

He owes nothing.
Yeah I'm sure that's how he looks at it too. That's just how selfish flogs see the world...
:lol: pretty funny.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 7:16 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

Even woods is happy.

He owes nothing.
it goes both ways, if WT could cut off players like e.g. Ryan, Gibbs, Heighington, why wouldn't Tedesco (arguably with Woods our best player by miles) look for better conditions, salary and o top of that play finals every year, and automatic selection for Australian FB ?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:39 pm

Looks like he’s fitting in quite well, the GF medal will look pretty well on him

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm

Congrats Teddy. Now that he has a ring, I wonder if he is more likely to come back to the Tigers after his contract is up. Does he want to emulate what Lebron did with Cleveland?
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:20 pm

steve-o wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm
Congrats Teddy. Now that he has a ring, I wonder if he is more likely to come back to the Tigers after his contract is up. Does he want to emulate what Lebron did with Cleveland?
Hopefully not - don't need him or want him.