NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
hammertime

Re: TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

Post by hammertime » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:57 am
hammertime wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:21 am
Would happily take him back once his ego get a reality check (at a discount of course). Look at how Benji matured after a few years away from the Tigers.
So we should look at him again when he is 33.

Sounds good to me - then we can say NO THANKS!
I know a few of those line breaks last weekend would have been tries if he was sniffing around the ruck. I wouldn't be too proud to let him come back.

I've actually spoken to JP and he said he had nothing bad at all to say about Ted. He must have been good how he handled his exit internally.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 12:06 pm

hammertime wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm
Russell wrote:
hammertime wrote:
Would happily take him back once his ego get a reality check (at a discount of course). Look at how Benji matured after a few years away from the Tigers.

I know a few of those line breaks last weekend would have been tries if he was sniffing around the ruck. I wouldn't be too proud to let him come back.

I've actually spoken to JP and he said he had nothing bad at all to say about Ted. He must have been good how he handled his exit internally.
You maybe right - I prefer a team player myself.

Recently he hardly ever passed on - went himself most times.

Misses as many tries as the team could have scored imo.

Plus the fact he didn't want to be here (which was obvious or he wouldn't have left).

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:22 pm

It will be all smiles when the Chooks start clicking into gear and sadly they will. You watch in a months time it will be all positive fluff about Teddy. It takes time

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:54 pm

Yes.... He'll be back.. He's too good a. Player & he's in a very good system with a terrific spine around him
Write him off at your peril

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 5:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:54 pm
Yes.... He'll be back.. He's too good a. Player & he's in a very good system with a terrific spine around him
I agree, he will fit in, and be a great asset to the roosters team.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 5:53 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:11 pm
Please explain?

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:03 pm

What exactly is the Roosters culture?
- Covering up illegal activity?
- Signing players guilty of assaulting women?
- Cheating the salary cap with 'creative accounting'?
- Trashing hotels?
- Having a bought not bred system and no local juniors?

Sounds like a great culture.

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:07 pm

With Teddy it will always be injuries that stop his momentum

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:12 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 5:40 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:54 pm
I agree, he will fit in, and be a great asset to the roosters team.
X2
Probably got more chance of falling foul over a team mates missus

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:19 pm

Watching him tonight on tele and the wife yells out Teddy has new teeth ..I yell back 3rd PARTY...

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:32 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he's as good as some believe. He's great on his feet, very quick off the mark, but has a non-existent passing game. If he doesn't get through on his own, his outside men never see the ball.
Good but by no means great.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:34 pm

He is the only one I truly miss.
What a team we would have if he was still with us.
But time for us all to move on from that disaster.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:40 pm

Wehbe was Sharon Woods go to Gossip Girl as well and a reason he wanted to leave cos the club wouldn't commit to paying him for his Whispers!. Love it!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm

Sabre wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:03 pm
- Trashing hotels?

You missed the best one - Mitch and lassie
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 8:15 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:48 pm
Sabre wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 7:03 pm
- Trashing hotels?

You missed the best one - Mitch and lassie
Using a local dealer - that can be tough if you come from Penrith - Just ask Freddie!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 8:28 pm

From NRL.com

Should be Titled "Wish I was still there"

Woods happy for former Tigers teammates

Aaron Woods says he has marveled at the giant-killing run of the Wests Tigers like every other fan in the game.

And while Woods has only tasted victory once with his new Canterbury Bulldogs teammates, he is pleased his former Tigers comrades sit in the top four after five rounds of the Telstra Premiership.

The Tigers are flying with a 4-1 record, which is in stark contrast to the Bulldogs who have only managed a tense two-point victory over Penrith in round three.

The 27-year-old grew frustrated by inconsistency and off-field distractions at his old club and departed in emotional circumstances after 146 games at the end of last season.

''It's disappointing that we're struggling but I'm happy for the boys, I've got some of my best mates there,'' Woods told NRL.com on Monday.

''I was under [Tigers coach] Ivan [Cleary] last year and he slowly changed things throughout the year. We got better as a unit there. I hate seeing them lose. I love them and hope they go well, just not against us.

''To move on in the circumstances that all three of us [James Tedesco and Mitchell Moses] did, people were always going to watch us. I'm not disappointed [with the move], I just want to get wins for us. I'm more focused on the Bulldogs.''
Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods. Bulldogs prop Aaron Woods. ©Shane Myers/NRL Photos
Woods' form at his new club has come under criticism from media personalities and Bulldogs fans in recent weeks.

The Australian representative was signed by Canterbury midway through 2017, effectively at the expense of former skipper James Graham, who joined St George Illawarra in the off-season and has played well.

Woods' statistics are down in both attack and defence compared to his 2017 numbers but he's not concerned.

''It's a part of footy,'' Woods said.

''I don't read into it. I used to be a bloke watching all the TV shows but in the last 18 months they haven't been too nice.

''Everyone's got their own opinion, each team plays differently. I don't really care what people say to be honest. People get paid for opinions [but] the game is different to when they played.

''I'm still finding my way at the club and need to find it a lot quicker. I've tried to fit in and learn how to play. The way everyone plays it's hard to adapt straight away.

''People think it's going to happen straight away but we've got to build. I've still got a lot of improvement, it's going to be a week-to-week thing.''

The Bulldogs face a Cowboys outfit in the same predicament with one win from five games.

While the rumblings are not as severe on the Cowboys south of the border, another loss for the Bulldogs could bring Dean Pay's side under the spotlight for the wrong reasons after a pre-season of hope.

''When you lose you're always looking at ways as to why we're losing and it can be frustrating,'' Woods said.

''But I tell you one thing about this group, they've been really upbeat. There's no sugar-coating it, we haven't been playing the good footy we want to be playing.

''But to everyone's credit we've been open and honest in our discussion, no one has been hiding. If someone stuffs up we reassess what we've done wrong and where we can get better.

''It's only five rounds in. If you string a couple of wins together it boosts everyone with confidence.''

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 8:31 pm

Russell wrote:
hammertime wrote:

X1