TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
AnnandaleTiger

Re: TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:00 am

video on nrl.com

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:31 am

Woods, "trying to fit in and learn how to play" - run hard and straight?

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:33 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:44 am
Id say hes lost his Origin jumper...
Never.. Will still be a boys club with Fittler running the show.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:34 am

Sco77y wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:31 am
Woods, "trying to fit in and learn how to play" - run hard and straight?
Give chase when the attacker beats you?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:36 am

Move from marker maybe?

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 11:01 am

He's competing with the running game of Keary and Mitchell now, and sometimes even Cordner just to mix things up.

They'll start throwing it to him more, now that teams aren't expecting them to as much.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 2:12 pm

ONLY now, six months on, can James Tedesco admit how much the boos stung.

It was a rugby league promoter’s dream — the Sydney Roosters’ star signing coming up against his former club, Wests Tigers, in round one of the NRL season.

But the dream turned into a nightmare for Tedesco, who struggled in a shock 10-8 loss. Even worse were the howls of derision that came with every touch bar one — when Tigers fans celebrated a bombed early try from the star fullback.

MORE NEWS

“I was trying to think of it as a normal game,” Tedesco said. “You don’t expect to go out there and get booed. It’s a different experience. It got to me a bit and affected me for a few weeks after that.

“I didn’t play how I wanted. When I got rid of that and stopped trying to think of the externals — that’s when I played some good footy.

“Social media I copped it a lot. You try and ignore it but it’s pretty hard when you go on your phone and you’re reading it all the time.

“I probably haven’t been on Twitter since the start of the year. On Instagram I just try and ignore it. when I was going through that period I tried to stay off it as much as I could because even thought you think it doesn’t affect you — when you read it, it does stay on your mind.”

It was not until the State of Origin series that Tedesco felt like he was able to fully adjust to his new surroundings.

Tedesco feared for his spot in the NSW Origin side after his slow side as Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic mounted a strong case for the No.1 role.

But Tedesco starred for NSW and this week walked away with the Brad Fittler Medal for the Blues’ best player.

“I wasn’t as secure as I wanted it to be,” Tedesco said. “ At the start of the year it was mine to lose but I wasn’t playing – it wasn’t bad footy – but not the greatest. There was a lot of external pressure. It was a new change for me, changing clubs. I wanted to start playing good footy.

“Around Origin time I started to hit my straps.”

The qualifying final win against Cronulla doubled as Tedesco’s first finals appearance. He said his game had evolved significantly since joining the Roosters this year with his side just a win away from a grand final appearance.

“I felt like I’ve played a different role then I did at the Tigers,” Tedesco said. “At the Tigers I was trying to do everything and create the plays. I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand.

“I learnt that early on in the first month or two or footy. I just had to do my job and things will come off the back of that.

“I’m playing different.”

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 2:40 pm

Sounds like he fits in with all the Egos over there

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 3:06 pm

“You don’t expect to go out there and get booed. It’s a different experience. It got to me a bit and affected me for a few weeks after that.
Glad I played my part...my missus was a bit embarrassed, but I didnt care I was havin fun

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 3:12 pm

That was a good day. One of the highlights of the year for me.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 3:15 pm

Hopefully he drops the ball in the gf to cost them the game.He has treated our club with contempt on 2 occasions

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 3:20 pm

“At the Tigers I was trying to do everything and create the plays. I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand.“

What a flog. Does he even realise what he is saying? His ex-teammates must really love him!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

hank37w

Post by hank37w » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 3:36 pm

Quote:

" I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand."

That line did it for me.
What a turd!
Hope he has a career ending injury and the Rorters wipe him just so he can see what a quality outfit they really are.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 4:15 pm

“I felt like I’ve played a different role then I did at the Tigers,” Tedesco said. “At the Tigers I was trying to do everything and create the plays. I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand."

Sums up Teddy, really... What a douche!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 4:15 pm
“I felt like I’ve played a different role then I did at the Tigers,” Tedesco said. “At the Tigers I was trying to do everything and create the plays. I learnt at the Rooster I’m in a quality team I don’t have to overplay my hand."

I’d say that this post sums up some of the bitter and twisted members that can be found here at times, and their death riding that they like to do

What Teddy said is true, he is now in a quality team , ,
Yes he tried to hard when he was here.......mainly because others didn’t try enough, and/or weren’t good enough .
I’d love to see him back, but not until we had more good players ,so that he could just worry about his own game
Meanwhile it’s time for some to give up death riding, and wipe the egg off their faces, and just enjoy watching a champion play, in the Test teams, the Soo team, and maybe even a GF,

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:26 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:

I’d say that this post sums up some of the bitter and twisted members that can be found here at times, and their death riding that they like to do

What Teddy said is true, he is now in a quality team , ,
Yes he tried to hard when he was here.......mainly because others didn’t try enough, and/or weren’t good enough .
I’d love to see him back, but not until we had more good players ,so that he could just worry about his own game
Meanwhile it’s time for some to give up death riding, and wipe the egg off their faces, and just enjoy watching a champion play, in the Test teams, the Soo team, and maybe even a GF,
I hear what your saying and I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt as I’m sure he didn’t mean it as it sounds it’s just footballers are quite stupid at times and there was a much more diplomatic way to answer that.
He is right though we did struggle and he was given the ball nine times out of ten to do something as we didn’t have anyone else, through either form or interest to come up with alternatives. The fact he won the RLPA award last year demonstrates this.

Steve k

Post by Steve k » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 5:32 pm

geez thats a hard one play with 10 internationals or play with rubbish week in week out.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 6:17 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote: