Re: TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

Post by Russell » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:22 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 6:51 am
Russell wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:20 pm
steve-o wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm
Congrats Teddy. Now that he has a ring, I wonder if he is more likely to come back to the Tigers after his contract is up. Does he want to emulate what Lebron did with Cleveland?
Hopefully not - don't need him or want him.

Russ, You just gave the perfect example of why we are probably a long, long time away from adding to our one and only Premiership.
Mate, everyone has their own take on situations.

If I personally had to take him back to win a premiership - I would be happy to never win one.

You may want to - I would not want to sell my soul to the devil. That's my take. You don't have to agree.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:28 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:22 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
steve-o wrote:
Congrats Teddy. Now that he has a ring, I wonder if he is more likely to come back to the Tigers after his contract is up. Does he want to emulate what Lebron did with Cleveland?

Russ, You just gave the perfect example of why we are probably a long, long time away from adding to our one and only Premiership.

If I personally had to take him back to win a premiership - I would be happy to never win one.

You may want to - I would not want to sell my soul to the devil. That's my take. You don't have to agree.
Plenty with you Russ

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:35 am

Some would saythat you are prone to a bit of over exaggeration
I would too.
We can keep buying cuddly little no hopers for years , whom you will regard as a good buy because they keep saying “We love the Club” over and over again, and we can also stay down with the also rans,.
Or we can buy class players ,who will make us a hard team to beat.
We need players that can play football and know how to win.
Something that’s in very short supply here, ,
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:36 am

What bugs me the most is he continues to stab the club even though he has moved on, the bloke can play but like most youngsters that play the game these days, they have egos and think the game owes them everything

* Stated he always wanted to play for the Rorters...that's after he back flipped on Canberra, went through knee reco with us, back flipped on the Dogs because uncle nick threw in a beach side unit and extra brown paper bags

* Stated that he was a local junior, Camden is not Bondi

* joined roosters because it was a big club and had a big fan base, deadset he was going to the dogs but because Des didn't want Moses, so he had a dummy spit and uncle nick stepped in

He was paid this week to say all that crap, no doubt about it, reminds me of ET back in the day when he joined Superleague and stated how he wanted to be known on billboards in China

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:41 am

Jeez ,the jealousy bus is certainly doing the rounds today

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:51 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:41 am
That is the most inane comment I have read on here.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it Chief - go to Bondi and kiss and make up with him for God's sake.

By the way haven't seen too many people congratulating JT for his attack plan that swamped the Storm. :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 9:52 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:35 am
I would too.
We can keep buying cuddly little no hopers for years , whom you will regard as a good buy because they keep saying “We love the Club” over and over again, and we can also stay down with the also rans,.
If only it was that simple... You make it sound like we have options and choices here

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:25 am

They bought two blokes in to win them a comp and they delivered. We'd all be estatic if we did the same.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:38 am

gallagher wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:25 am
They bought two blokes in to win them a comp and they delivered. We'd all be estatic if we did the same.
Cool, well we should just go out and buy Kalyn Ponga and Jason Taumalolo for next year. Good plan, should've thought of it earlier.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:47 am

Nelson wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:38 am
gallagher wrote:
Cool, well we should just go out and buy Kalyn Ponga and Jason Taumalolo for next year. Good plan, should've thought of it earlier.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but in retrospect it would have been great if the club abandoned Tedesco very early in negotiations and threw the kitchen sink at Ponga.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:49 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:22 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
steve-o wrote:

No need to worry peeps, Tedesco will be a Rooster for life! Unless of course the club wants to get rid of him so they can sign the next big thing (Ponga), but that won't be for a few years yet.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 11:19 am

Onthebus wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:36 am
What bugs me the most is he continues to stab the club even though he has moved on, the bloke can play but like most youngsters that play the game these days, they have egos and think the game owes them everything

* Stated he always wanted to play for the Rorters...that's after he back flipped on Canberra, went through knee reco with us, back flipped on the Dogs because uncle nick threw in a beach side unit and extra brown paper bags

* Stated that he was a local junior, Camden is not Bondi

* joined roosters because it was a big club and had a big fan base, deadset he was going to the dogs but because Des didn't want Moses, so he had a dummy spit and uncle nick stepped in

He was paid this week to say all that crap, no doubt about it, reminds me of ET back in the day when he joined Superleague and stated how he wanted to be known on billboards in China
You forgot about the article (think it was very early last year or late the year before) where Ted was urging Moses & Brooks to stay at the Tigers so they could build some sort of dynasty :lol: Very muddled head that boy, seems to just go with whatever sounds good at the time.

Still, he now has a Premiership ring and a SOO series win on his resume, so I guess you don't need brains to be successful in life if you're a talented footballer in high demand.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 11:23 am

Yeah congratulations Tedesco for taking a million bucks per year to join an already star-studded roster and win a premiership. Let's all pat him on the back for such a courageous and bold decision.

See, there are these comments in the other thread about how we should aim to be more successful, more like Roosters, get better business support etc. "Don't get jealous get even".

Well how does a poor club do that? It helps for a start to have sustained success. Well how do you do that with a modest budget? Recruit wisely and grow from within.

And yeah, well how do you grow from within when you finally prodce some elite juniors, they get jack of working hard in modest teams and leave for the sparkle of glamour clubs anyway?

We grew a Tedesco, everyone else came with their chequebooks and he decided to leave twice.

So I don't congratulate a guy who distances himself from his junior club and moves to a place where life is easier and more glamourous. I can understand it, but I cant respect it.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 11:25 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 9:52 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:35 am
I would too.
If only it was that simple... You make it sound like we have options and choices here
Yeah maybe gct misses the whole point that we had class players and other clubs took them.

Like Tedesco... he knows how to play and win, but it seems only when he's surrounded by rep-level talent. Otherwise he just tries too hard in an average side.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:04 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:38 am
gallagher wrote:
Then why don't we?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:25 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:51 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Jealousy has nothing to do with it Chief - go to Bondi and kiss and make up with him for God's sake.

By the way haven't seen too many people congratulating JT for his attack plan that swamped the Storm. :lol:
According to the head coach last night, it was his idea

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:27 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:25 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:51 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Steve k

Post by Steve k » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:35 pm

why the hell would he want to come back to a club like ours with s*** players coaches dont know if they are coming or going and we never make finals geez that is a hard one.