TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
kiwitiger

Re: TEDDY NOT FITTING IN

Post by kiwitiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:47 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 10:25 am
They bought two blokes in to win them a comp and they delivered. We'd all be estatic if we did the same.
I'd be estatic if I looked at our squad and felt we only needed two signings to win the comp.

Seriously though our game was founded on players being paid. the first game of rl was because we paid players so it has always been about money. it's just more involved now

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm

gallagher wrote:
They bought two blokes in to win them a comp and they delivered. We'd all be estatic if we did the same.
They did.
Mind you any of the top 10 this year would've beaten Storm last night.
That was low.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 4:36 pm

Any club or coach who wants to win footy games would love to have Teddy in their team.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:30 pm

gallagher wrote:
X2

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:34 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 3:53 pm
gallagher wrote:
They did.
Mind you any of the top 10 this year would've beaten Storm last night.
That was low.
They weren’t allowed because of the Roosters defence, it was brutal
Just the same as they locked out Souths in the game before

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:51 pm

Interesting all these posts about Tedesco. I thought even at 35 years of age Slater looked a few yards faster than Tedesco. My father has seen some of the best including Churchill and Langlands but is firmly of the view Slater is the best there has ever been. I agree and when we look back on his achievements he will be spoken of as one of the truly greats. I also liked his magnanimous words for the booing by the Roosters' fans after the game. He is articulate which puts Tedesco to shame.

Post by 851 » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:58 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:51 pm
Interesting all these posts about Tedesco. I thought even at 35 years of age Slater looked a few yards faster than Tedesco. My father has seen some of the best including Churchill and Langlands but is firmly of the view Slater is the best there has ever been. I agree and when we look back on his achievements he will be spoken of as one of the truly greats. I also liked his magnanimous words for the booing by the Roosters' fans after the game. He is articulate which puts Tedesco to shame.
My father inlaw who is a souths junior, and huge souths fan, said the same
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:23 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Also a lot older and experienced than Teddy, the public speaking will be better with experience Slater at the same age was no better.
Congratulations to Teddy for making the Aus team and also to Latrell for pushing Chambers over the cliff , hopefully for a long long time
And great to see Cook in there

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:33 pm

Unlike this threads name, Tedesco is now fitting into an Australian jersey
Maybe we should change the name of the thread
First the GF Ring and now this!!!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:37 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:23 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Also a lot older and experienced than Teddy, the public speaking will be better with experience Slater at the same age was no better.
Congratulations to Teddy for making the Aus team and also to Latrell for pushing Chambers over the cliff , hopefully for a long long time
We're not comparing Tedesco to Slater because there is no comparison. No amount of public speaking training will improve Tedesco.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:40 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:37 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
We're not comparing Tedesco to Slater because there is no comparison. No amount of public speaking training will improve Tedesco.
A very intelligent post, but I’d expect that

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm

Its pretty sad the way some of our fans support this guy in finding a good club and having success.

Like do they even sport. . . .
Its an opinion!

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 9:24 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm
Its pretty sad the way some of our fans support this guy in finding a good club and having success.

My post on here over the years show how big a fan I am of his special talents and was very sad when he left. Good luck to him for winning and he has continued the same SOO form with Easts as for us.
Just don't like the articles I read that feature him since he left. Sounds like he put the club down who gave him a chance and put up with him through the injury years and gave him a huge offer to stay.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 11:37 pm

Individually Tedesco didn't show anything exceptiona last night or elsewhere throughout this season IMO. Solid but nothing off the charts.
Would be handy to have him at WT still but Mbye is talented enough that the loss of Tedesco isnt worth wrist-slitting over.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 02 Oct, 2018 5:24 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:40 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Well I'm happy to have that discussion because if you seriously believe Tedesco is anywhere near Slater you are deluded.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 02 Oct, 2018 7:13 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 02 Oct, 2018 5:24 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:40 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Well I'm happy to have that discussion because if you seriously believe Tedesco is anywhere near Slater you are deluded.
Did I say that.?????
Sounds like the delusion is yours not mine
One department that Tedesco already has an advantage over Slater, he’s not a serial Grub on the field

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 02 Oct, 2018 8:08 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
I saw the three of them as well - Better than Changa but don't think Slater could hold a candle to Churchill.

Difficult to compare eras - Slater would not survive in the Churchill era but Churchill would be loving it in the present.

Think Slater is the best Full back in the NRL era but that is about it in my opinion.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 02 Oct, 2018 12:28 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:45 pm

Not sad, rather common and reasonable in my opinion.

There is a reasonable argument to be made that the success of any ex-Tiger comes at the expense of the Wests Tigers club. Whilst Tedesco can make rep sides whether or not Tigers have a good season, ultimately his personal premiership success at another club, by definition, interferes with the success of Wests.

For example, Roosters won the minor premiership on equal points. If Tigers had defeated Roosters Rd 13, Roosters would have instead finished 5th and taken another route through the finals. It's just one game; Tedesco didn't play Rd 13, but winning that game was part of the puzzle of the Roosters premiership.

It's an even bigger impact wrt Tedesco, because he came directly from Tigers. At least other players like Keary have had nothing to do with Wests, but Tedesco's move was a large negative impact on us (directly) and a large positive impact on Roosters.

So to support Tedesco for his decisions and his success - I can't do it. I cannot support anyone who intentionally tries to stop Tigers winning a premiership. If you support the guy, it's your right, but I think it's anti-Tigers and I question your emotional commitment to the club.