Brandy/ Players playing too long

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Telltails

Re: Brandy/ Players playing too long

Post by Telltails » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:58 am

That body has been exposed to a lot of hits for many years. Behind a pack that is not firing as expected, he is copping more than he can handle. Time for the pack that was touted the best in the comp to step it up for JT or its going to be a long year for him and not a fitting way to see out his career.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 25 May, 2018 10:03 pm

It’s a sad fact for the game, and him. But after watching tonight’s game there’s no doubt that Brandy is right.
He was more of a hindrance on the field than a help, and was just getting belted around..
If you being honest, he was awful, and looked lost most of the game
He was never one of my favourite players; but over the last few years I changed that opinion a bit:
Despite him being a Qlder,

I hope he improves and can finish the way he wanted to, but
He’s not helping himself or his team by going on

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 25 May, 2018 10:09 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 10:03 pm
It’s a sad fact for the game, and him. But after watching tonight’s game there’s no doubt that Brandy is right.
He was more of a hindrance on the field than a help, and was just getting belted around..
He was never one of my favourite players; but over the last few years I changed that opinion a bit:

Yeh mate that's the issue. Clubs try and give legends final swan song to go out on. But at what cost to the club? Not blaming him all of it though. The only team has been ordinary.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 25 May, 2018 10:15 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 25 May, 2018 10:03 pm

x1, he has played on too long...I hope he is not remembered for the poor games he is currently playing....

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 25 May, 2018 10:17 pm

Melbourne looked pretty ordinary tonight, but the Cows apart from Taunololo didn’t look like they were interested in playing,
They’re crap, and there’s no sign that they will improve

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 25 May, 2018 10:53 pm

Sadly I agree GCT. I’ve ssid many times that I think Thurston is the toughest footballer I’ve ever seen. Never gives up, always doing the 1% plays. Brilliant tactically.

Never write off a champion but it’s s long way back for him
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:04 am

Its a shame to see. One thing i noticed last night, JT always, always ran everywhere, chased everything, he was just such a competitor. he still tried last night, but he had moments where he hung back where the old JT would have been. I'm glad both my son and i were able to stand and applaud him off the field at Leichhardt a couple of weeks back. He's beeen a tremendous player, but it's over now.

For the record, i agree with Joey for once, dog shots like Kasianos last night need to be eradicated by hefty suspensions.