NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
colmcd

Re: BULLDOGS SALARY CAP DRAMAS

Post by colmcd » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:19 pm

krayola wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:14 am
He really had no idea, did he.
No one did.

But what you are seeing with the dogs is Dib/Castle knowing how they can push the cap. Then Anderson and CO coming in and going "Oh, ... were way over".

I kinda dont blame Woodsy for not understanding the finances. Mr Moses, well that's a different story. Clearly they can't afford Morris on 600k and Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Hopoate (I don't want him unless he comes cheaply!), etc.

FYI, I would take Woodsy back at 400-450k, he is an upgrade on Tim Grant but clearly not as good as our 600k players. I honestly don't get why people expect brains and smarts from Rugby League Forwards, look great when they are there... But I generally assume a Willie Mason Benchmark till proven otherwise.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:22 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:50 pm
The only reason i would take Woods back is for free and put him on the Magpie bench for the whole season and give him 5 minutes at the end of the game.

He will be looking for a way out of the Dogs ASAP at the end of the season.
When you have a cancer cut out, you do not want it back!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 6:31 am

We've simply moved on from those three players. Tedesco to me looks to have reached his peak and has lost his pace. Defence is not his forte either

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:14 am

Heard Trent Robinson interviewed before last night's game he said they were happy with Teddy but were working on his defence to fit in the Rorters game I remember him bringing down a flying Semi Radradra 10 out from our line from that day we all new Teddy could defend the problem I see is at the Tigers he was the Star of the team at the Rorters he's in a team of Stars

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:22 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:14 am
Heard Trent Robinson interviewed before last night's game he said they were happy with Teddy but were working on his defence to fit in the Rorters game I remember him bringing down a flying Semi Radradra 10 out from our line from that day we all new Teddy could defend the problem I see is at the Tigers he was the Star of the team at the Rorters he's in a team of Stars
Read the Chookpen comments and some are suggesting he won't put his body on the line. Unlike WTs, the Roosters are not forgiving of poor performance and big dollars comes with expectations.

krayola

Post by krayola » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:29 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:22 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Read the Chookpen comments and some are suggesting he won't put his body on the line. Unlike WTs, the Roosters are not forgiving of poor performance and big dollars comes with expectations.
Surprised to hear that. He made a lot of excellent 1-1 try savers for us. He had to. But if they’re looking for a metre making colossus out of their own end, yep, wrong bloke.
One of my sources is Pascoe

krayola

Post by krayola » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:34 am

colmcd wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:19 pm
krayola wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:14 am
He really had no idea, did he.
No one did.

But what you are seeing with the dogs is Dib/Castle knowing how they can push the cap. Then Anderson and CO coming in and going "Oh, ... were way over".

I kinda dont blame Woodsy for not understanding the finances. Mr Moses, well that's a different story. Clearly they can't afford Morris on 600k and Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Hopoate (I don't want him unless he comes cheaply!), etc.

FYI, I would take Woodsy back at 400-450k, he is an upgrade on Tim Grant but clearly not as good as our 600k players. I honestly don't get why people expect brains and smarts from Rugby League Forwards, look great when they are there... But I generally assume a Willie Mason Benchmark till proven otherwise.
I agree with everything you say Col. He sounded like a dope and looks likes one now. What we’re seeing is that he’d be a great third or fourth guy but as the leader of a pack his stats were quite empty, be it for us or NSW.
One of my sources is Pascoe

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:42 am

The Dogs are in the same hole we were in and hope they have to endure the same pain we did for something like four years. What they need now is someone who is willing to bite the bullet and start moving a lot of big contracted players on and start to rebuild from the bottom.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:12 am

supercoach wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:42 am
The Dogs are in the same hole we were in and hope they have to endure the same pain we did for something like four years. What they need now is someone who is willing to bite the bullet and start moving a lot of big contracted players on and start to rebuild from the bottom.
They are in a hole and I for one am not putting a rope down to help them. I still remember there comment about the problems the Bulldogs and Des hasler had early last year. The response was that 'we arnt the Wests Tigers'... Ever since they said that we have been improving while they have been struggling. Hope Cowboys smash them tonight.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:28 am

I don’t particularly want to pick up any of there players, unless the Dogs pay us.
Hoopa in the centres maybe. He looks like he puts in effort and wouldn’t be too much dollars
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:44 am

Hoppa is being wasted in the centres. He had his best ever year in 2017 at fullback and would walk straight into our number 1. His work rate and effort would fit right in with what Cleary is looking for. I would take him asap.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:48 am

Hoppa and Jackson are the only 2 players I'd want. And neither of those 2 guys will be let go.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:50 am

Apart from Josh Jackson, No one has the OTB attitude that would make us a better club.

No thanks to anyone even Woods. He got off and the bus has moved on.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 8:53 am

sheer64 wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:22 am
Eddie wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:50 pm
The only reason i would take Woods back is for free and put him on the Magpie bench for the whole season and give him 5 minutes at the end of the game.

He will be looking for a way out of the Dogs ASAP at the end of the season.
When you have a cancer cut out, you do not want it back!
Bingo, we're in remission. Don't go sticking your head in a microwave after being given the all clear.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:17 am

supercoach wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:42 am
Thet tried to move the morris boys and eastwood last year but nobody was silly enough to take them

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:33 am

krayola wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:29 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:22 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Surprised to hear that. He made a lot of excellent 1-1 try savers for us. He had to. But if they’re looking for a metre making colossus out of their own end, yep, wrong bloke.
I've written about this before, that when Tedesco makes solid contact he tackles just fine, but he gets beaten a lot by evasive running. The last 2 years he was one of the worst FBs for missed and ineffective tackles, similar stats to Ben Barba (and I only compared him to other fullbacks).

Some people offered rationales - e.g. maybe Tigers allowed too many line breaks and Tedesco was always forced to make difficult tackles. This may be fair, but Roosters are also allowing too many line breaks this year and Tedesco isn't defending great. He got stepped by Tom Burgess last night, clean stepped.

Skip

Post by Skip » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 11:18 am

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:21 pm
Not much from the Dogs Id look at. Hoppas a good back playing in a garbage team. Elliot is being wasted playing at 13, hes an edge forward and would be solid backup for our guys. Otherwise the 1-17 is terrible.

And no i wouldnt take Woods for free. We wouldnt be able to play the way we are with him in the side.
Same here. Woods still tryna milk penalties at the Dogs with his slow play the ball, not good for our momentum.
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"