Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:24 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:17 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:10 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:38 am
I can't stop laughing

Imagine they get the spoon, under big cap pressure where his "best mate" Klemmer leaves and he misses out on his origin spot which is likely with Vaughn/ RCG/ Klemmer / Fifita etc

I kind of feel sorry for him........ but I guess it is what it is
Fifita is no longer eligible for Origin but Trbojevic/Vaughn/RCG/Klemmer/De Belin should get selected ahead of Woods in the middle.
Trbojevic will play lock, and JDB on the edge - so he might get a crack on the bench then if Fifita isn't selected whic is dissapointing
Why would they play de Belin on an edge when he doesn't ordinarily play there and we have Frizell, Cordner, Graham, Jackson etc. vying for edge spots? I don't remember seeing de Belin playing anywhere other than lock or prop.
I'm pretty sure JDB doesn't play prop I'm not too sure..... sort of contradicting yourself cause he doesn't play prop so why play him there

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:10 pm

hammertime wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:54 pm
I'm curious, would anyone be prepared to take Woodsy back if half his salary was paid for by the doggies?
Why? The team with him in it wasn't performing but the team without him is. All evidence points to him being part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Buy a lemon on the cheap, you still bought a lemon.
"Quality Stupidity"

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:17 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:56 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:24 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:17 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:10 pm

Fifita is no longer eligible for Origin but Trbojevic/Vaughn/RCG/Klemmer/De Belin should get selected ahead of Woods in the middle.
Trbojevic will play lock, and JDB on the edge - so he might get a crack on the bench then if Fifita isn't selected whic is dissapointing
Why would they play de Belin on an edge when he doesn't ordinarily play there and we have Frizell, Cordner, Graham, Jackson etc. vying for edge spots? I don't remember seeing de Belin playing anywhere other than lock or prop.
I'm pretty sure JDB doesn't play prop I'm not too sure..... sort of contradicting yourself cause he doesn't play prop so why play him there
I'm not contradicting myself at all, there is not necessarily much difference between lock and prop - they're all middle players. I can remember when de Belin was playing bench prop for the Dragons when he was younger. I would pick him in the 13 anyway with Trbojevic playing prop like he used to for Manly (and has done for Australia).

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:21 pm

Were pretty good in the forwards but would consider Faitala-Mariner or Hopoate in the backs other than that let them suffer.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:23 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm
So Brooks stayed here for less money, Moses when to play for a garbage club and Woods finds himself at a club thats gone mad.
Good manager that Isaac Moses is.

Woods is playing like his heart isnt in it.
Issac did his part and maximised commission.

Did what player managers do.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:24 pm

No Hoppa.

Terrible me first attitude

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:26 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
So Brooks stayed here for less money, Moses when to play for a garbage club and Woods finds himself at a club thats gone mad.

Well Brooks contract ended up less than the original offer and we're told that Teddy went to the chooks for less money. He stuffed it up in a big way.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:44 pm

Who cares and apart from maybe 2-3 players I wouldn't be looking any junk they will be offloading apart RFM

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Actually is not all that player managers do. Just a part of what they do.

Maximising returns for your client is not just a single contract. Its maximising the brand that boosts their income earning potential. If Moses had of done his full part he would have said don't burn bridges, act cordially with humility cause you never know whats ahead for us. Look like a champ and we can sell your brand and attach it to others to make more money. They manage more than just contract negotiations.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:21 pm

Not much from the Dogs Id look at. Hoppas a good back playing in a garbage team. Elliot is being wasted playing at 13, hes an edge forward and would be solid backup for our guys. Otherwise the 1-17 is terrible.

And no i wouldnt take Woods for free. We wouldnt be able to play the way we are with him in the side.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:27 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:26 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Well Brooks contract ended up less than the original offer and we're told that Teddy went to the chooks for less money. He stuffed it up in a big way.
Not if you factor in Isaacs finders fee.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:38 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:21 pm
Not much from the Dogs Id look at. Hoppas a good back playing in a garbage team. Elliot is being wasted playing at 13, hes an edge forward and would be solid backup for our guys. Otherwise the 1-17 is terrible.

And no i wouldnt take Woods for free. We wouldnt be able to play the way we are with him in the side.
No for Elliott. I believe that we are the best at knowing how good tigers players are because we follow the team. Ditto for the dogs and they cannot stand Elliott. They want him dropped or gone because he brings nothing. I'd listen to them.

Fullback is our highest priority followed by centre.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:53 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Actually is not all that player managers do. Just a part of what they do.

Maximising returns for your client is not just a single contract. Its maximising the brand that boosts their income earning potential. If Moses had of done his full part he would have said don't burn bridges, act cordially with humility cause you never know whats ahead for us. Look like a champ and we can sell your brand and attach it to others to make more money. They manage more than just contract negotiations.
You would think it would be up to the player's manager to gauge the strength of a club, it's current financial situation including any cap problems at that club, as well as being fully informed as to where the club is heading and what the long term strategy is.

For woods to be plonked into a club with that bleak an outlook is borderline incompetent on the managers behalf, I nearly feel sorry for him (Shaz).

And as for M.Moses, I reckon he is just bringing his current situation on all by himself (but I am no expert). Couldn't have happened to a better bloke

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 4:26 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:24 pm
No Hoppa.

Terrible me first attitude
Do you personally know him? I spoke to him with his wife and nothing comes across as a "me first" attitude. Pretty cool humble guy.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 4:53 pm

What was that comment one of their directors made, something along the lines of; we don't have dramas like that, we're not the Wests Tigers?

I hope it takes them 10 years to sort out. Enjoy life in the basement Woodsy.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 4:57 pm

care factor = zero....

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 5:29 pm

No thanks, to Woodsy coming back, ever! We've moved on and have found (thanks to Ivan) a better path and a new attitude that we hope will lead us to great success. I don't really care what happens to Woods, Teddy or Moses. I must admit to enjoying them not going so well at the moment, but I am sure things will improve for all three of them soon. I believe its better for us WT fans to forget about them and put all our positive energy into what is building in our team this season. Support this new culture that our squad are all trying to develop - over time it will help our players tio be their best and it will attract NEW quality players to us.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 5:46 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 5:29 pm
No thanks, to Woodsy coming back, ever! We've moved on and have found (thanks to Ivan) a better path and a new attitude that we hope will lead us to great success. I don't really care what happens to Woods, Teddy or Moses. I must admit to enjoying them not going so well at the moment, but I am sure things will improve for all three of them soon. I believe its better for us WT fans to forget about them and put all our positive energy into what is building in our team this season. Support this new culture that our squad are all trying to develop - over time it will help our players tio be their best and it will attract NEW quality players to us.
Hard to disagree with any of that.