Round 7 spoilers

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: Round 7 spoilers

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:37 am

Someone said there is improvement in the Roosters. Is there really? 7 rounds in, its getting to the point where they should be gelling. They can't hide behind the gelling excuse for much longer. Im thinking Robinson may be reaching his used by date at that club.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:44 am

A couple of interesting games tonight. 1 v 2 on the ladder.
Don't know how that game will go. Both sides halves have combined well and have strong packs.

Then Broncos V Storm. Both teams have been up and down. Best thing about this game is someone will lose and still be on 6 points after 7 rounds.
in Ivan we distrust

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:37 am
Someone said there is improvement in the Roosters. Is there really? 7 rounds in, its getting to the point where they should be gelling. They can't hide behind the gelling excuse for much longer. Im thinking Robinson may be reaching his used by date at that club.
Jason Taylor as attacking coach. You wonder if he is doing this style up until about round 10 then will change it. Personally I don't get it. I think it was about half way through the season with us that he changed to more play what's in front of you.
in Ivan we distrust

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:51 am

Didn't see much other than maybe 20-30 minutes of the second half, but Sharon looked to be going really well to me. Never saw Tedesco at all. So.....m.o.m? Pft

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 10:41 am

I thought it was a pretty good match. Roosters defended well but as others have said, Dogs were pretty pedestrian in attack. They only had two moves - forwards hitup and second-man play out back. With 40-odd tackles (or more?) inside the opp 20, they couldn't even manage a point... concerning for them.

But I enjoyed the spectacle of it, players getting tired and hurt, getting back up to make that last tackle, only ever being 6 points in it.

Roosters have a bigger problem IMO in the context of the season - they seem to be only able to defend or attack, not both. Obviously embarrassed after Souths waltzed through their middle all last week, they focused on the D and in turn became fairly conservative with their attack. A team like that only scoring 6 points is also a concern like for Dogs, because Roosters have recruited heavily in the attack KPIs, not the defensive ones.

I thought Tedesco was alright, but again I don't think the Dogs troubled them too much and Roosters didn't miss many tackles on their line. Tedesco isn't particularly good at defending line breaks, which is great, because Dogs didn't make any. Kicking-wise Dogs got repeat sets but they weren't super dangerous kicks, more like dints into a well-defended in-goal.

Tedesco in attack - well Dogs were all over him, it's almost become a bit obvious when they are setting him up, like what happened w Tigers last year, teams could see it coming a mile away. I don't know if I'm just used to watching Tedesco, but when he's sniffing around the middle, it's super obvious in the way he prepares to run, esp with his weird running style, you can just read that he's winding up.

Compared to Slater, who is a cat, but Slater just breezes around the paddock and inserts himself into the middle rather inconspicuously - he's suddenly there. Don't get me wrong, Rowdy knocked him off a few times in backline plays, but Slater is more evasive in a forward direction, whilst Tedesco loves to palm and stutter sideways until he gets his gap. So I feel that teams are sweating Tedesco any time he looks like touching the ball. I also think Tedesco has become too used to just being thrown early ball and asked to make something of it, and he is quite disjointed at the Roosters when being inserted into highly-structured plays, esp when he may not necessarily be receiving the ball.

I however don't see why Roosters don't go for more sweep plays on their left; I would be a super-worried defence if I had Keary running hard left, shaping to Latrell and with Tedesco shadowing on the inside. All 3 of them are fast, strong and can beat tacklers. Roosters just seem too conservative at the moment, and if not for Latrell's individual try-scoring brilliance, would be even worse off in these close wins.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:49 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:12 am
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:08 am
Tacky wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 10:08 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 10:06 pm

It's about the only bloody thing that isnt......WTF ROCKS CHINA...

Anyone want ro post a score.....?
Dogs 0 - 6 Roosters
Amazing game Geo , JWH kicked 6 field goals

Then Woodsy lost it and punched out both refs and touchies and then shaved Tedesco's beard off

You don't know what you are missing here , pure Rugby League pandemonium
Geo, is it true you made Happy one of the WTF captains before you left?
He wants to move the WTF HQ to North Qld and is telling everyone it's his way or the highway. The power has gone to his head.
North Qld ??

I'm in Capricornia TD , North Qld means lots of travelling :(

I think Willow ,Kul and the boys are sane enough not to let me come a MOD :roll

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:28 pm

Looks like Woods might be running into a bit of form. Still very slow in defence though.
Need more props.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:35 pm

oldprop wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 1:28 pm
Looks like Woods might be running into a bit of form. Still very slow in defence though.
Fans don't think so oldprop , Fox League ran a poll last night , 83% said drop him from the SOO side

Not sure who said it but he needs to think field position/yards/quick play the ball first , offload 2nd

Just can't wait for the interview with Moses, Woods and Tedesco when the 1st question is "do you think you screwed up leaving the WT's "

Watching them storm off wailing will be their answer :sign:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 2:37 pm

Whatever you just tried to post Geo , Jinping didn't like

Seems like your infamous for your woeful Fantasy League / Draft teams and horrendous Rugby League opinions worldwide LOL

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm

SJ is out tonight which will be a big hit but last time that Lino got a chance earlier in the season he killed it. Should be interesting.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:14 pm

Woods 2nd stint last night was good

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:25 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm
SJ is out tonight which will be a big hit but last time that Lino got a chance earlier in the season he killed it. Should be interesting.
Lino was great , surprised clubs aren't circling like vultures to pick him up

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 6:25 pm

Loving what the Warriors are doing this year. Great to watch.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 6:26 pm

Innzidders have pinched uncle Ron's box of energy

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 6:31 pm

It looked like Harris' scalp came away from his skull...heavy head claSh

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 6:37 pm

Penalties 7-1 dragons should probably be 17-1...warriors constantly breaching

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:25 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm
Lino was great , surprised clubs aren't circling like vultures to pick him up
I love it when johnsons out because the odds jump out against warriors and i jump on TAB. Johnson was terrible in the raidors game this year with his sideways running where as Lino has been killing it in nsw cup. Lino is far more direct and less selfish than SJ

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 7:31 pm

Missed it.
Why was the dragons intercept try disallowed?