Round 11 SPOILERS

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Chicken Faced Killa

Re: Round 11 SPOILERS

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 21 May, 2018 5:20 pm

Harvey wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 4:54 pm
Dylan Walkers transgender system facing man slaughter charges for bashing her boyfriend.
Wonder if he will have as much to say when he returns from injury
Do you mean transgender sister?

Where’s this news come from?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 5:25 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:20 pm
Harvey wrote:
Dylan Walkers transgender system facing man slaughter charges for bashing her boyfriend.

CFK look at my comment , the Daily mail story is attached

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 21 May, 2018 5:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:25 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:20 pm
Harvey wrote:

CFK look at my comment , the Daily mail story is attached
Cheers.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 May, 2018 5:51 pm

Bloody hell. Not much of a weekend for the Walker family... I wonder if the two incidents are linked?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 6:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:25 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:07 pm
So it is safe to say that if someone copies how Napa did that tackle, he will get off scott free. That's very re-assuring that you will still play on and not get suspended. (don't talk to me that he didn't intend it to happen - he launched himself in a way that he was about to headbutt someone).

Agree with you jirskyr, he can control his head... I am still surprised that he got away with it.
I agree , any tackle that a player doesn't make contact with their hands /arm /shoulder first is an issue

What I'm saying tackles go wrong so quickly , as I raised with someone recently on the Forum , take a reaction tackle when you get caught on the wrong foot and they step inside you and you coathanger them high ......

Must admit I haven't seen the Napa tackle at full speed yet though
Having seen it all full speed must admit it has to get charged at least as reckless contact

Grading maybe 3

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 May, 2018 6:49 pm

These fools on 360 are now saying dissent/sledging between players (walker incident) should be outlawed... Good luck with that.

Discipline is a trait any good player needs... If you let an opponents words get under your skin your not a first grader

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:55 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:10 pm
Red88 Tiger wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 8:19 am
sheer64 wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 2:35 am

Except the fact he lead with his head until his head came into contact with the face of the victim.
Left field but does anyone think it's a modified shoulder charge
Yes I do think it's a modified s/c. I still can't understand people defending Napa, and the front-on shot isn't as good a picture, but the wide-angle side-on shot shows just how bad an attempt it is.

Shoulder charges were outlawed because it became apparent that they were dangerous, after 100 years of being in the game. Shoulder charges often work just fine, but they also often come off badly and result in unnecessary concussions, which we have learned are dangerous over time to footballers.

Here Napa barely gets below chest height at any time, then rises into the tackle. By the time he's reached Sims he's above shoulder height and still rising, arms out to the side... he literally doesn't have his arms even to parallel by the time he's headbutted Sims in the face.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Some commentators saying head collisions are in inevitable part of the game and you can't remove your head from the front of the tackle action. Yeah sure, but how many head clashes in the NRL are between top of skull with jaw? Most head clashes are face-on-face or temples, and often from friendly fire. The only way to clash your skull with someone's face (whilst they are standing) is to attack the headspace with your head, and that should be outlawed.

Other commentators say Sims stepped into it - if he had stayed his course, Napa would still have either headbutted him or collected him with his left shoulder, because he was just far too high and not attempting to get his shoulders in place.

Think about it yourself, if you are setting for a tackle like Napa, left shoulder, and someone steps off his right foot (towards your right shoulder), the normal reaction is to turn your head left and try and take the tackle right shoulder. Because if you don't, you are putting your head into the path of the runner and often that ends badly.

In other words, you need to take the tackle on the shoulder that he runs at, not simply the shoulder you start off lining up with. Most players will do this and end up with their head behind the runner, safely away.

Napa instead sets left, gets stepped to his right and just follows through at head-height, so his head connects. If he keeps doing this, he's going to either break his own neck or continue head-butting guys in the face, because you can't tackle people around the head, doesn't matter if it's your arms or head. Napa essentially often leads with his head because he sets his shoulder and commits to the tackle far too early far too often - sometimes this means a beautiful shot, because he's in place with full weight into the action, and sometimes he destroys someone's head.

In fact I think Napa is potentially more dangerous yet some how treated more leniently because it was his head. If it was a shoulder or a loose arm nobody would be complaining about the punishment, but some people think he should be let off because he caught the guy with his head.
Tackles go wrong unfortunately , get your timing out by half a second ......

Is any questioning the tackle made by the Yates on ET that knocked him out ??

Not exactly the same I know , but the body comes in contact before the arms make contact and that should be the issue
I've seen Napa with a similar action previously and thought it kamakazi like. At the very least should have went to judiciary.
Not sure but if the ref pulled it up straight away it's usually an indicator that it didn't look right.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:06 pm

Red88 Tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 8:00 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:55 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:10 pm
Red88 Tiger wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 8:19 am

Left field but does anyone think it's a modified shoulder charge
Yes I do think it's a modified s/c. I still can't understand people defending Napa, and the front-on shot isn't as good a picture, but the wide-angle side-on shot shows just how bad an attempt it is.

Shoulder charges were outlawed because it became apparent that they were dangerous, after 100 years of being in the game. Shoulder charges often work just fine, but they also often come off badly and result in unnecessary concussions, which we have learned are dangerous over time to footballers.

Here Napa barely gets below chest height at any time, then rises into the tackle. By the time he's reached Sims he's above shoulder height and still rising, arms out to the side... he literally doesn't have his arms even to parallel by the time he's headbutted Sims in the face.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Some commentators saying head collisions are in inevitable part of the game and you can't remove your head from the front of the tackle action. Yeah sure, but how many head clashes in the NRL are between top of skull with jaw? Most head clashes are face-on-face or temples, and often from friendly fire. The only way to clash your skull with someone's face (whilst they are standing) is to attack the headspace with your head, and that should be outlawed.

Other commentators say Sims stepped into it - if he had stayed his course, Napa would still have either headbutted him or collected him with his left shoulder, because he was just far too high and not attempting to get his shoulders in place.

Think about it yourself, if you are setting for a tackle like Napa, left shoulder, and someone steps off his right foot (towards your right shoulder), the normal reaction is to turn your head left and try and take the tackle right shoulder. Because if you don't, you are putting your head into the path of the runner and often that ends badly.

In other words, you need to take the tackle on the shoulder that he runs at, not simply the shoulder you start off lining up with. Most players will do this and end up with their head behind the runner, safely away.

Napa instead sets left, gets stepped to his right and just follows through at head-height, so his head connects. If he keeps doing this, he's going to either break his own neck or continue head-butting guys in the face, because you can't tackle people around the head, doesn't matter if it's your arms or head. Napa essentially often leads with his head because he sets his shoulder and commits to the tackle far too early far too often - sometimes this means a beautiful shot, because he's in place with full weight into the action, and sometimes he destroys someone's head.

In fact I think Napa is potentially more dangerous yet some how treated more leniently because it was his head. If it was a shoulder or a loose arm nobody would be complaining about the punishment, but some people think he should be let off because he caught the guy with his head.
Tackles go wrong unfortunately , get your timing out by half a second ......

Is any questioning the tackle made by the Yates on ET that knocked him out ??

Not exactly the same I know , but the body comes in contact before the arms make contact and that should be the issue
I've seen Napa with a similar action previously and thought it kamakazi like. At the very least should have went to judiciary.
Not sure but if the ref pulled it up straight away it's usually an indicator that it didn't look right.
Yeah have finally seen at full speed , definitely reckless/careless and now Greenberg says it should have gone to the judiciary

This game is truly a cluster you know what at the moment

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Tue 22 May, 2018 11:22 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 6:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:25 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:07 pm
So it is safe to say that if someone copies how Napa did that tackle, he will get off scott free. That's very re-assuring that you will still play on and not get suspended. (don't talk to me that he didn't intend it to happen - he launched himself in a way that he was about to headbutt someone).

Agree with you jirskyr, he can control his head... I am still surprised that he got away with it.
I agree , any tackle that a player doesn't make contact with their hands /arm /shoulder first is an issue

What I'm saying tackles go wrong so quickly , as I raised with someone recently on the Forum , take a reaction tackle when you get caught on the wrong foot and they step inside you and you coathanger them high ......

Must admit I haven't seen the Napa tackle at full speed yet though
Having seen it all full speed must admit it has to get charged at least as reckless contact

Grading maybe 3
Well, they did let it go. Nothing much we can do but hope that it doesn't get a repeat. It looks really bad.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 12:53 pm

Surprised Greenberg came out and said Napa should of been charged.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 1:25 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 12:53 pm
Surprised Greenberg came out and said Napa should of been charged.
Backs the refs , sticks the knife into the MRC

Now Dylan Napa's dad has come out and got stuck into Bennett

Stan Napa played for Brisbane Norths in the 80's probably even played against Bennett in the early 80's

Stan was a hard man , a real hard man , bet Bennett won't use his right of reply :evil: :shock: :lol:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:51 pm
Bloody hell. Not much of a weekend for the Walker family... I wonder if the two incidents are linked?
:lol: Maybe the boyfriend cheered Scott for belting Walker so Walker's sister went Rambo on him the next morning.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:26 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:24 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:51 pm
:lol: Maybe the boyfriend cheered Scott for belting Walker so Walker's sister went Rambo on him the next morning.
Thats what I was thinking

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:30 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 4:25 pm
Wayne Bennett has launched a fiery tirade at the NRL over the match review committee's failure to charge Dylan Napa, accusing the game of having an anti-Brisbane bias.

The Broncos coach unloaded on the game's governing body after prop Korbin Sims underwent surgery on a broken jaw following a head-to-head collision with Napa during Friday's win over the Sydney Roosters.

Napa was sin-binned for leading with his head in a tackle, a decision that was criticised by Roosters coach Trent Robinson.

The MRC on Saturday declined to charge Napa, leaving him free to turn out for Queensland for State of Origin I.

However a fuming Bennett lodged a complaint with the NRL claiming they had failed in their duty of care.

"Why hasn't the game made Napa accountable?" Bennett told News Corp. "I know there will be a s***fight coming my way but I'm not backing away from it.

"I am not going to watch my players get broken jaws and remain silent.

"When you go before the judiciary, they will ask the player, 'What was your duty of care?'

"Where is Napa's duty of care?"

Bennett hit back saying Napa was reckless in the way he went into the tackle with his arms out-stretched and with his head out front.

He accused the MRC of inconsistency, pointing to Sam Thaiday's suspension for wrenching the hand of Melbourne's Jesse Bromwich last year.

"There is a bias against the Broncos," he said. "We won a game we weren't supposed to win so that would have pissed off the Roosters even more.

"Last year, Sam pulled Jesse Bromwich's finger. He was found guilty for contrary conduct.

"Are you telling me a finger pull is worse than Napa breaking Sims' jaw with a reckless tackle?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bennet ... 4zghm.html
unca wayne wrote:"There is a bias against the Broncos,"
:lol:
I nearly drove off the road this arvo coming home when I heard this on the news ..other than that... Wayne has a point
Wayne isnt having a crack at the refs, but the MRC...and Pay copped $25k fine for similar comments.
Will the NRL have the balls?
Not a peep yet surprise surprise

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 7:45 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 7:44 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 7:42 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 3:24 pm
Hmmmm Dragons March Premiership looking shakey...
Yeah real shaky Shakin Stevens :roll:

Nostradamus come on down
Didn't watch it i take it...here's one Penriff will pump them...
Did , Saints barely got out of 2nd gear

The try Widdop scored was one of the tries of the year

happy...what gear are the Dragons in tonight...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 26 May, 2018 9:03 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 8:51 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 20 May, 2018 7:42 pm

Yeah real shaky Shakin Stevens :roll:

Nostradamus come on down

Not watching , watching some Bigfoot movie with the kids

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 26 May, 2018 9:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 9:03 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Spoilers. they catch Big Foot in the end. his mask falls off and reveals he's Aaron Woods running off into the mountains.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 26 May, 2018 9:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 26 May, 2018 9:03 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

bwahahaha..

score update ft Riff 28 March Premiers 2
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..