Round 14 spoilers

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Round 14 spoilers

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 10:51 am

Early thoughts from Panthers medical staff for Viliame Kikau is a moderate grade MCL injury, likely 4-6 week recovery time. Scans to confirm over the weekend

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 11:11 am

This season has the same stench that happened in 2014 with certain teams consistently getting terrible decisions in their favour.Wouldnt surprise me to see souffs/rorters in the gf so the NRL can have their fairy tale and historical emnity at the same time.
The referees are basically incompetent or have decided who they want to win either way it is a very poor reflection on administration

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:03 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:30 pm
Yo could see the lead referee had made his mind up who was going to win from the kick off - they all can't be this incompetent - therefore it must be decided before the game starts or are they that truly biased against home side, particular teams etc.

Refereeing is a disgrace - they are making games a laughing stock - supporters will be turning away from once was a great game.

Beattie / Greenberg you had better step in whilst you have a game and supporters.
Pretty much agree with all of this. The reason Greenburg is happy to sit on his hands and do nothing about the pathetic state of our game is because he would be fully aware that people who like body-contact team sports have no other choice but to watch and support RL. AFL, soccer and basketball are all non-contact and Rugby Union is just in a poor state of ruins at the moment so there is simply no alternative unfortunately.
People like us will whinge about biased, dubious referreeing etc but we will all continue to watch it, go to games, buy jerseys etc. The NRL has us all by the short-hairs at the moment.
Greenburg is an incompetent, arrogant crook of a man who needs to be run out of our game ASAP.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:19 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:03 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:30 pm
Yo could see the lead referee had made his mind up who was going to win from the kick off - they all can't be this incompetent - therefore it must be decided before the game starts or are they that truly biased against home side, particular teams etc.

Refereeing is a disgrace - they are making games a laughing stock - supporters will be turning away from once was a great game.

Beattie / Greenberg you had better step in whilst you have a game and supporters.
Pretty much agree with all of this. The reason Greenburg is happy to sit on his hands and do nothing about the pathetic state of our game is because he would be fully aware that people who like body-contact team sports have no other choice but to watch and support RL. AFL, soccer and basketball are all non-contact and Rugby Union is just in a poor state of ruins at the moment so there is simply no alternative unfortunately.
People like us will whinge about biased, dubious referreeing etc but we will all continue to watch it, go to games, buy jerseys etc. The NRL has us all by the short-hairs at the moment.
Greenburg is an incompetent, arrogant crook of a man who needs to be run out of our game ASAP.
Never have I agreed more with anything than your last paragraph.

The guy is incompetent and that is giving him a wrap.

Should be put in the same category as the big bank CEO's - and they should be one step away from goal.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:01 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:16 pm
You have to remember...

When Souffs are going well, the League is going well.

Pride of the League you know.

The referees are beyond a joke - to put it mildly - all of them stink!!!!!
Russell, I have a few housefuls of close relos living in South's territory and they are decent people who follow the Rabbitohs - you could temper your language about the Bunnies.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:13 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:01 pm
Russell wrote:
You have to remember...

Russell, I have a few housefuls of close relos living in South's territory and they are decent people who follow the Rabbitohs - you could temper your language about the Bunnies.
Don't think so.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:14 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
You have to remember...

Why would they be reading our forum assuming they can read
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:14 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
You have to remember...

We all have hate teams BBF - Souffs are Balmain's hate team, I believe Manly (silvertails) are Western Suburbs (Fibros) hate team - not sure who Wests Tigers hate teams are - I carry Souffs over personally - think we have a few now.

Why would we change? Because you have relos living in the area.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
You have to remember...

One got 5 Commonwealth scholarships so it is possible that she can read.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:31 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:20 pm
Geo. wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
You have to remember...

We all have hate teams BBF - Souffs are Balmain's hate team, I believe Manly (silvertails) are Western Suburbs (Fibros) hate team - not sure who Wests Tigers hate teams are - I carry Souffs over personally - think we have a few now.

If we don't change we are like Northern Ireland.

What about if a daughter of yours wanted to marry a Souths fanatic? It would be like Till Death Do Us Part about Alf Garnett and his long-haired son-in-law always quarrelling.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:34 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:31 pm
Russell wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

What about if a daughter of yours wanted to marry a Souths fanatic? It would be like Till Death Do Us Part about Alf Garnett and his long-haired son-in-law always quarrelling.
Then he would not be welcome in the house. Simples!

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 2:58 pm

Russell wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
You have to remember...

Sharks. Cowboys. And Parra
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:01 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

If your daughter wanted to marry a Souths supporter you would suggest she at least wait until he is out on parole.
On the plus side you would not need dental health cover and her new beau could decorate the walls a treat with Tags.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:11 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:01 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Geo. wrote:

If your daughter wanted to marry a Souths supporter you would suggest she at least wait until he is out on parole.
On the plus side you would not need dental health cover and her new beau could decorate the walls a treat with Tags.
Gold!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:11 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:01 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Russell wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Couple of good tips there F to B. Lol

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:21 pm

Api looks to be gone for the game

Matt Wright playing 9 now he is a centre/wing so should be interesting

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:29 pm

Wow ref's really giving Manly a hand

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 3:30 pm