Rd 17 spoilers

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5158
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Rd 17 spoilers

Post by Russell » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:19 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:24 pm
Ive seen ash taylor play very very good...
not today but its rare a half kills it when his teams flogged by 30

Russell & Geo ...tut tut
By the way I've seen Brooks play very very good as well.

No excuse - it isn't an excuse for Brooks on here, Why is it an excuse for Taylor. tut tut.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:23 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 6:33 am
True, origin certainly is different. Forwards need to hold their own (or lay the platform as you said), otherwise the team will get rolled through. But the tight games are won or lost by the spine, particularly the halves.
Similar to chess, the saying is the player who controls the centre controls the game.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1964
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:05 am

You often hear commentators saying that playmakers “control” the game, or that the halves get the credit for a win, but the blame for the loss. Spine players earn the most money because they have the most influence over the result.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:07 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:05 am
You often hear commentators saying that playmakers “control” the game, or that the halves get the credit for a win, but the blame for the loss. Spine players earn the most money because they have the most influence over the result.
And as Farah has rudely put it that any numbskull can be a forward.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 am

851 wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 5:34 pm
We lost easily to the titans last week, and they are being dished up by an under strength brisbane, we suck
I'd argue Titans were just as under-strength, perhaps more so, noting their depth. Who from Broncos was out of the regular side? McCullough, McGuire and Oates. Titans missing Wallace and Arrow.


Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:27 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 am
851 wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 5:34 pm
We lost easily to the titans last week, and they are being dished up by an under strength brisbane, we suck
I'd argue Titans were just as under-strength, perhaps more so, noting their depth. Who from Broncos was out of the regular side? McCullough, McGuire and Oates. Titans missing Wallace and Arrow.
Forgot Roberts.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:53 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:19 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:24 pm
Ive seen ash taylor play very very good...
not today but its rare a half kills it when his teams flogged by 30

Russell & Geo ...tut tut
By the way I've seen Brooks play very very good as well.

No excuse - it isn't an excuse for Brooks on here, Why is it an excuse for Taylor. tut tut.
Its a factor for any half.
:brick:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:24 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:27 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:45 am
851 wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 5:34 pm
We lost easily to the titans last week, and they are being dished up by an under strength brisbane, we suck
I'd argue Titans were just as under-strength, perhaps more so, noting their depth. Who from Broncos was out of the regular side? McCullough, McGuire and Oates. Titans missing Wallace and Arrow.
Forgot Roberts.
Sure, but the quality of the replacements is as much the point.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5609
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:45 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:05 am
You often hear commentators saying that playmakers “control” the game, or that the halves get the credit for a win, but the blame for the loss. Spine players earn the most money because they have the most influence over the result.
And as Farah has rudely put it that any numbskull can be a forward.
That's funny that he's a forward.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29636
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:47 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:45 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:05 am
You often hear commentators saying that playmakers “control” the game, or that the halves get the credit for a win, but the blame for the loss. Spine players earn the most money because they have the most influence over the result.
And as Farah has rudely put it that any numbskull can be a forward.
That's funny that he's a forward.

As well as a half and second receiver last game..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3742
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 4:52 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:47 pm
gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:45 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:05 am
You often hear commentators saying that playmakers “control” the game, or that the halves get the credit for a win, but the blame for the loss. Spine players earn the most money because they have the most influence over the result.
And as Farah has rudely put it that any numbskull can be a forward.
That's funny that he's a forward.

As well as a half and second receiver last game..
He was just playing a role, it is still somebody else’s job to lead the team and be the fall guy when it goes pear shaped

Post Reply