Page 1 of 1

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:19 pm
by 851
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:27 am
Just watched highlights of last nights game. This guy has to be the worst play by play commentator in at least 20 years. There was that kiwi commentator who called Warriors games for a while who was so bad Fox Sports started using their own commentators. But apart from him, no one else comes close.
Could not agree more, FOX has some good commentators, but he is not one, I hate when he is on, he must know some one to have kept his job.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:20 pm
by 851
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:16 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:44 am
I like him - he’s understated.

Prefer his relaxed approach any day over Voss’s self indulgent trash
Lol... I'm a Voss fan but no don't like Nable
Me too, Vossy is good

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:21 pm
by Tiger Steve
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:18 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:16 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:44 am
I like him - he’s understated.

Prefer his relaxed approach any day over Voss’s self indulgent trash
Lol... I'm a Voss fan but no don't like Nable
Vossy is way too dramatic lol
Gus Gould with spit and polish basically
Do you remember Vossy used to host a show on 9 with Gus Gould. Gould hated being there. He kept saying, “you’re a funny man Vossy”. Was awkward to watch at times

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm
by GNR4LIFE
851 wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:19 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:27 am
Just watched highlights of last nights game. This guy has to be the worst play by play commentator in at least 20 years. There was that kiwi commentator who called Warriors games for a while who was so bad Fox Sports started using their own commentators. But apart from him, no one else comes close.
Could not agree more, FOX has some good commentators, but he is not one, I hate when he is on, he must know some one to have kept his job.
Good friends with Matthew Johns apparently. Bit like Gus Worland making a career out of being mates with Hugh Jackman.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:33 pm
by 851
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm
851 wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:19 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:27 am
Just watched highlights of last nights game. This guy has to be the worst play by play commentator in at least 20 years. There was that kiwi commentator who called Warriors games for a while who was so bad Fox Sports started using their own commentators. But apart from him, no one else comes close.
Could not agree more, FOX has some good commentators, but he is not one, I hate when he is on, he must know some one to have kept his job.
Good friends with Matthew Johns apparently. Bit like Gus Worland making a career out of being mates with Hugh Jackman.
Makes sense, looks like I will have to put up with him for a while longer then :x

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:01 pm
by BalmainJnr
Surprised Bwaith hasn’t got a run here.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:06 pm
by jadtiger
BalmainJnr wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:01 pm
Surprised Bwaith hasn’t got a run here.
He is used more as an analyst as compared to a commentator but he would suck at both.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:29 pm
by oldprop
hobbo wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:17 am
He’s garbage ....
But he’s better than Hadley by a mile
Yep, Hadley is so bad. He doesn’t seem to know very much about the game. Just talks a lot.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 7:54 pm
by Love the WestsTigers
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:06 pm
BalmainJnr wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:01 pm
Surprised Bwaith hasn’t got a run here.
He is used more as an analyst as compared to a commentator but he would suck at both.
You mean he is there to trash talk teams ?

Thats all Anasta does. I have to mute half time chats otherwise the TV is in serious danger of some damage on the days we are playing rubbish

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:03 pm
by Tiger Steve
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 7:54 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:06 pm
BalmainJnr wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:01 pm
Surprised Bwaith hasn’t got a run here.
He is used more as an analyst as compared to a commentator but he would suck at both.
You mean he is there to trash talk teams ?

Thats all Anasta does. I have to mute half time chats otherwise the TV is in serious danger of some damage on the days we are playing rubbish
I agree. Anasta is very negative hey. No wonder he was so unpopular with his peers

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 8:06 pm
by joelw2002
I don't have Fox but the games that I have been able to watch I really enjoyed because Vossy is such a good commentator.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:52 pm
by steve-o
I’m with the OP - I’m not a fan of Matt Nable. He doesn’t have the voice for commentary... he’s got a similar voice to Ricky Stuart, and it just sounds awful in the commentary box. Vossy is my favourite.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm
by steve-o
Ray Hadley is a terrible commentator for TV as well. Stick to radio Ray... you don’t need to provide commentary on every detail... we can see the game!

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:04 am
by gallagher
steve-o wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm
Ray Hadley is a terrible commentator for TV as well. Stick to radio Ray... you don’t need to provide commentary on every detail... we can see the game!
Does he still say center three-quarter? Thankfully i hadn't had to listen to him for years now.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:07 am
by steve-o
gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:04 am
steve-o wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm
Ray Hadley is a terrible commentator for TV as well. Stick to radio Ray... you don’t need to provide commentary on every detail... we can see the game!
Does he still say center three-quarter? Thankfully i hadn't had to listen to him for years now.
Every time 😂
He usually does the out-of-Sydney games for channel 9 because Rabs doesn’t like to fly. The only thing worse than watching another broncos game on free to air, is watching a broncos game with Ray Hadley commentating

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:12 am
by gallagher
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:07 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:04 am
steve-o wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm
Ray Hadley is a terrible commentator for TV as well. Stick to radio Ray... you don’t need to provide commentary on every detail... we can see the game!
Does he still say center three-quarter? Thankfully i hadn't had to listen to him for years now.
Every time 😂
He usually does the out-of-Sydney games for channel 9 because Rabs doesn’t like to fly. The only thing worse than watching another broncos game on free to air, is watching a broncos game with Ray Hadley commentating
I stopped watching when he was commentating a few years ago. Before Fox could do the Friday night games, the Broncos were always the delayed games. Hadley , ads and the boring broncs. Pure cap.

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:16 am
by steve-o
gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:12 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:07 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 12:04 am
steve-o wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm
Ray Hadley is a terrible commentator for TV as well. Stick to radio Ray... you don’t need to provide commentary on every detail... we can see the game!
Does he still say center three-quarter? Thankfully i hadn't had to listen to him for years now.
Every time 😂
He usually does the out-of-Sydney games for channel 9 because Rabs doesn’t like to fly. The only thing worse than watching another broncos game on free to air, is watching a broncos game with Ray Hadley commentating
I stopped watching when he was commentating a few years ago. Before Fox could do the Friday night games, the Broncos were always the delayed games. Hadley , ads and the boring broncs. Pure cap.
No matter how hard I tried to stay awake, those delayed games always put me to sleep

Re: Matt Nable

Posted: Mon 09 Jul, 2018 7:48 am
by Masterton
hobbo wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:17 am
He’s garbage ....
But he’s better than Hadley by a mile
You could get a homeless guy on metho and he'd be better than Hadley.