Heighington to retire..

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29376
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Heighington to retire..

Post by Geo. » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 3:59 pm

Chris Heighington to retire at season's end
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 31 Jul 2018, 02:19 PM

Wests Tigers 2005 Premiership Winner Chris Heighington has announced he will retire at the end of the 2018 season following 16 years in the top grade.

The former Wests Tigers and Sharks forward, who joined the Newcastle Knights in 2018, will finish his career as the eighth-most capped player of all time and the third-most capped forward of all time.

He has played 334 first-grade games — 201 of which came at Wests Tigers following his debut in 2003.


A Umina Bears junior, Heighington quickly became a regular in Wests Tigers side following his debut season and was a key member of the club's maiden Premiership victory in 2005.

He was named the club's Player of the Year in 2008, and made his representative debut for both Country Origin and the Prime Minister's XIII team. He would go on to become the first player at the time to feature in over 200 games for the club having played every game of the 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Wests Tigers would like to thank Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future!

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... asons-end/
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29376
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:02 pm

Well played Heighno..

Over 300 NRL games..2 Premierships..massive part of our charge to 2005..

Remembered for the greatest post- GF speech of all time as well as the Immortal Lunch organizer Rugby League has ever seen in the history of Rugby League..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29305
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:32 pm

Great career... Congrats Heighno

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:40 pm

A legend. If Farah and Marshall are worth keeping next year, then bring him along for th ride.

We have players with a higher degree of plodderbility signed

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40860
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:48 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 3:59 pm
Chris Heighington to retire at season's end
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 31 Jul 2018, 02:19 PM

Wests Tigers 2005 Premiership Winner Chris Heighington has announced he will retire at the end of the 2018 season following 16 years in the top grade.

The former Wests Tigers and Sharks forward, who joined the Newcastle Knights in 2018, will finish his career as the eighth-most capped player of all time and the third-most capped forward of all time.

He has played 334 first-grade games — 201 of which came at Wests Tigers following his debut in 2003.


A Umina Bears junior, Heighington quickly became a regular in Wests Tigers side following his debut season and was a key member of the club's maiden Premiership victory in 2005.

He was named the club's Player of the Year in 2008, and made his representative debut for both Country Origin and the Prime Minister's XIII team. He would go on to become the first player at the time to feature in over 200 games for the club having played every game of the 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Wests Tigers would like to thank Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future!

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... asons-end/
Wouldn't the WT's want to congratulate Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future ........

Anyway Rhino you were one of my favourites , you knew the bloke was always going to show and give 110 %

2005 post match interview most go down as one of the greatest ever , pity he wasn't asked to do a follow up when the Peptides won


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29376
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:48 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 3:59 pm
Chris Heighington to retire at season's end
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 31 Jul 2018, 02:19 PM

Wests Tigers 2005 Premiership Winner Chris Heighington has announced he will retire at the end of the 2018 season following 16 years in the top grade.

The former Wests Tigers and Sharks forward, who joined the Newcastle Knights in 2018, will finish his career as the eighth-most capped player of all time and the third-most capped forward of all time.

He has played 334 first-grade games — 201 of which came at Wests Tigers following his debut in 2003.


A Umina Bears junior, Heighington quickly became a regular in Wests Tigers side following his debut season and was a key member of the club's maiden Premiership victory in 2005.

He was named the club's Player of the Year in 2008, and made his representative debut for both Country Origin and the Prime Minister's XIII team. He would go on to become the first player at the time to feature in over 200 games for the club having played every game of the 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Wests Tigers would like to thank Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future!

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... asons-end/
Wouldn't the WT's want to congratulate Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future ........

Anyway Rhino you were one of my favourites , you knew the bloke was always going to show and give 110 %

2005 post match interview most go down as one of the greatest ever , pity he wasn't asked to do a follow up when the Peptides won
It's from the Wests Tigers website..click the link.. :shock:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:52 pm

Well played ..... best for the future.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40860
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:53 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:50 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:48 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 3:59 pm
Chris Heighington to retire at season's end
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 31 Jul 2018, 02:19 PM

Wests Tigers 2005 Premiership Winner Chris Heighington has announced he will retire at the end of the 2018 season following 16 years in the top grade.

The former Wests Tigers and Sharks forward, who joined the Newcastle Knights in 2018, will finish his career as the eighth-most capped player of all time and the third-most capped forward of all time.

He has played 334 first-grade games — 201 of which came at Wests Tigers following his debut in 2003.


A Umina Bears junior, Heighington quickly became a regular in Wests Tigers side following his debut season and was a key member of the club's maiden Premiership victory in 2005.

He was named the club's Player of the Year in 2008, and made his representative debut for both Country Origin and the Prime Minister's XIII team. He would go on to become the first player at the time to feature in over 200 games for the club having played every game of the 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Wests Tigers would like to thank Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future!

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... asons-end/
Wouldn't the WT's want to congratulate Chris on his wonderful career and wish him well in the future ........

Anyway Rhino you were one of my favourites , you knew the bloke was always going to show and give 110 %

2005 post match interview most go down as one of the greatest ever , pity he wasn't asked to do a follow up when the Peptides won
It's from the Wests Tigers website..click the link.. :shock:
The article says "Thank" Chris

I would of thought you would want to "congratulate" Chris :?

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm

The ultimate plodder
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29376
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:10 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm
The ultimate plodder
Nasty...suck a lemon..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:20 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm
The ultimate plodder
A 300 game, 3 club, dual premiership winning plodder

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:25 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:20 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm
The ultimate plodder
A 300 game, 3 club, dual premiership winning plodder
It’s amazing how many plodders slip through the system...
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:46 pm

He always played his heart out for us, he was never a world beater but always did his job.
I wish him all the best for the future

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:50 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm
The ultimate plodder
From someone who couldn't reach up to clean his shoes.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1990
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm

Always played with heart. Great speech post grand final in 2005. Well done on a great career.

User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1832
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:53 pm

How about hanging around the back of the scrum during that semi final against the chooks :brick:

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 6:02 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:50 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 4:54 pm
The ultimate plodder
From someone who couldn't reach up to clean his shoes.
He was garbage ....
trotted up to the line ...
Always ran into the markers
Cost us a chance in the big one in 2010 ...

He’s deadset lucky he played so many games ..
He was hated on this forum for many years but now he’s retiring simpletons like you want to piss in his pocket ..

Go figure :roll:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10155
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 31 Jul, 2018 6:03 pm

kafta wrote:
Tue 31 Jul, 2018 5:53 pm
How about hanging around the back of the scrum during that semi final against the chooks :brick:
Should of never played a game after that screw up
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Post Reply