Re: Female Referees

Post by TIGER » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 6:00 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 9:59 pm
TIGER wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 5:57 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 4:26 pm
I think some of you commenting here will find it continually disturbing the direction the game is going - you aren't going to out-compete AFL if you cannot encourage and maintain the involvement of women and kids in rugby league.

Personally I am ok with it - let a ref use their best judgement. Gallen got in trouble for calling Paea a black **** and you can't be using those slurs either racist, homophobic or otherwise. Personally I would have given him 10 mins to cool his heels, but not my call.

Sorry if you don't like it, but that's the way society is going. Demps said something similar, not sure if he's being genuine or sarcastic.

Why do you think they got tough on punching, because players were being hurt? No, because it's a bad look for the game and times change, views change about such things.

Epere will cop, what, a 1 match suspension max?
I don't buy this "you're gonna have to get used to it, that's how society is going"

We're the ones who decide how society goes. I'm not one to conform
You've just contradicted yourself.

You can't both decide how society goes, and not conform. Unless you want to help decide how society goes, watch the majority go that way, then non-conform for the sake of it.
I won't conform if the powers that be try to censor free speech.
I won't conform to this idea that "this is the way things are going so get used to it buddy"
If things are going that way it doesn't mean I have to, I'll run against the grain till the day I drop.
(A little Primus lyric for you music fans at the end there)

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 6:15 pm

A little silly that a month ago we were laughing at Burgess sledging an injured Farah with much worse language. Unless the players have a code of conduct stating what they can and can't say to opposition players I don't think the ref should be marching players for this. If he had been warned then maybe she has somewhat of a leg to stand on.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 7:36 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 3:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 1:51 pm
The crowd ranks swell considerably when we have this one particular ref for EB's game

And they get even bigger when she runs the flag

I'm in love
Pic ?
She ran the flag last night , made a bad night almost bearable