Round 23 *Spoilers

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Round 23 *Spoilers

Post by old man tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:54 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Our best bet now is to knock out Warriors or St george
Brisbane will make it because the NRL said so
Only the saints look bad enough, but they have us covered on F/A by 99 points.

Us playing them is probably the only thing giving us a chance. If we rack up a score it is worth twice as much.

Otherwise they have a soft run, as do the warriors.

Broncos still have the roosters, could help us.

All these things are useless really, we just have to win and keep winning and in most seasons someone chokes badly enough that 9th can sneak into 8th. The NRL loves the drama, it gives uncle Gus a reason to keep gasbagging on.


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2308
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:55 pm

If only we could play the Bulldogs, that would be an easy win . . .
Its an opinion!

Sco77y
Member
Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri 12 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Sco77y » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:55 pm

Season done.. way too improbable now

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:56 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Geesus this two ref garbage has got to go, it does my head in...one sees one thing and one rules the other way...its amateur hour
Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
That’s my issue
He wasn’t held !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:57 pm

Like I said earlier in the week, Souths will lose so we can hate them and the Broncos even more.

Souths are finished in this comp, they're on the slide


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:58 pm

Mathematically we're still in it ...:

Realistically it’s over .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:01 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:51 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Geesus this two ref garbage has got to go, it does my head in...one sees one thing and one rules the other way...its amateur hour
Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
But again shows the discrepancy in the rules

Ref calls held and the player takes off in attack it is called back

Player completes a tackle after it's called held and it's a penalty

Just come back to the mark where held was called if that rule applies ...................
There should be a lot more penalties for mine. As soon as forward progress is halted, that's it per the rules. Ever since that ridiculous rag dolling of Hodgson by Tallis in origin, almost anything is allowed and I hate it.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5639
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:02 pm

TIGER wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:57 pm
Like I said earlier in the week, Souths will lose so we can hate them and the Broncos even more.

Souths are finished in this comp, they're on the slide
I dont think they are, just did not show up for the full 80.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41158
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:05 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:56 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Geesus this two ref garbage has got to go, it does my head in...one sees one thing and one rules the other way...its amateur hour
Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
That’s my issue
He wasn’t held !
I didn't hear a held call

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:05 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:55 pm
If only we could play the Bulldogs, that would be an easy win . . .
Or the knights
Or eels
Or the Titans ......
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:05 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:56 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm


Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
That’s my issue
He wasn’t held !
I didn't hear a held call
Neither did the commentators
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:07 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:54 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Our best bet now is to knock out Warriors or St george
Brisbane will make it because the NRL said so
Only the saints look bad enough, but they have us covered on F/A by 99 points.

Us playing them is probably the only thing giving us a chance. If we rack up a score it is worth twice as much.

Otherwise they have a soft run, as do the warriors.

Broncos still have the roosters, could help us.

All these things are useless really, we just have to win and keep winning and in most seasons someone chokes badly enough that 9th can sneak into 8th. The NRL loves the drama, it gives uncle Gus a reason to keep gasbagging on.
Geez, I wish that it was "worth twice as much", but I haven't had a drink today OMT. Yourself?

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1733
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:10 pm

Well that didn’t help our cause.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:10 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:05 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:55 pm
If only we could play the Bulldogs, that would be an easy win . . .
Or the knights
Or eels
Or the Titans ......
I'll get in before Geo. But, but ,but ...........

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Geesus this two ref garbage has got to go, it does my head in...one sees one thing and one rules the other way...its amateur hour
Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
Other ref said momentum, its just one of many where the two see different things and we hear them both conflicting....its just crap

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Geesus this two ref garbage has got to go, it does my head in...one sees one thing and one rules the other way...its amateur hour
Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
Other ref said momentum, its just one of many where the two see different things and we hear them both conflicting....its just crap
Certainly on the single ref side of the fence this end.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:36 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:07 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:54 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm
Our best bet now is to knock out Warriors or St george
Brisbane will make it because the NRL said so
Only the saints look bad enough, but they have us covered on F/A by 99 points.

Us playing them is probably the only thing giving us a chance. If we rack up a score it is worth twice as much.

Otherwise they have a soft run, as do the warriors.

Broncos still have the roosters, could help us.

All these things are useless really, we just have to win and keep winning and in most seasons someone chokes badly enough that 9th can sneak into 8th. The NRL loves the drama, it gives uncle Gus a reason to keep gasbagging on.
Geez, I wish that it was "worth twice as much", but I haven't had a drink today OMT. Yourself?
He means towards for and against. The winning margin would be doubled as it gets added to us and taken off them. Still a bridge to far imo but you never know

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:38 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:17 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm


Yeah it’s a joke
Roberts gets bundled into touch
Touchy puts his flag up
Pocket refs all good with it..
Main ref says penalty Broncos
:brick:
He was called held, so what else could have been done.
Other ref said momentum, its just one of many where the two see different things and we hear them both conflicting....its just crap
Certainly on the single ref side of the fence this end.
If they want to continue with two refs one has to be in charge of the ruck only and the other general play. They can swap during the game but the pocket ref should only look at one area.

Post Reply