NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Spud Murphy

Re: Bulldogs apologise for Mad Monday behaviour

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:21 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:14 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:13 am
And here's me thinking finally no bad Mad Monday stories for the first time in years! Press obviously didn't like that, so they had to make something up. Nothing to see here.
Sounds like you should have been there, another childish opinion, Spud.

Thanks for the character slur, despite not knowing me.

I probably didn't make it very clear, but my point was that compared to all the recent years of Mad Monday reports of vandalism, rape and assault allegations etc, this story is pretty tame.

No one got hurt, no one was abused or assaulted - they just made idiots of themselves and no doubt many of them weren't feeling too flash the next day. Sure it's not a good look for the club or the game, but at least they only hurt themselves this time.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:30 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 12:00 pm
At my work we all work very hard throughout the year. At our Christmas party we all let our hair down. We have a private function and then we are ‘let loose’ as we move to a public venue. Most of us drink too much and really unwind. Strangely enough non of us become naked. Incredible as it seems, non of us end up unconscious outside the venue. Amazingly non of us chunder in the streets.
If we did this we would probably be let go.
There was ‘something to see’ at Canterbury ‘s end of year celebration - it was out of control fools not able to have a good time without becoming offensive. It was also a group of people with no regard for anyone outside their own circle.
Never done a drunken nuddy run, Stevo?

Can't say I'v chundered in the street any time recently, but I reckon I might have in my 20s. Not defending anyone who's a drunken goose, but I'm a long way from outraged.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:41 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:21 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
And here's me thinking finally no bad Mad Monday stories for the first time in years! Press obviously didn't like that, so they had to make something up. Nothing to see here.

I probably didn't make it very clear, but my point was that compared to all the recent years of Mad Monday reports of vandalism, rape and assault allegations etc, this story is pretty tame.

No one got hurt, no one was abused or assaulted - they just made idiots of themselves and no doubt many of them weren't feeling too flash the next day. Sure it's not a good look for the club or the game, but at least they only hurt themselves this time.
If you think that they only hurt themselves, Spud then you are wrong.

I’ve got no problem with your Character, but you seem to be making a statement of your character yourself, by what you’ve written

They hurt the reputation of the game(which has been pretty bashed around over the years, by Ferals like them, (quite often by the same club)and Has justified the (wrong )feeling amongst a lot of society, that all footballers are Half witted animals , who can’t control their actions.

Stuff like this turns a lot of normal people against the game, a lot of them being parents,
If you think that this doesn’t have an effect on the game and the public’s attitude to the game, then you are kidding yourself
This sort of feral behaviour wherever it happens, loses sponsors , parents in the junior grades,
And a lot of people who get sick of spoilt players , with no understanding of self control ,being
Pampered and rapped over the

Hit them where it hurts them , suspend the ringleaders and Coach for the season next year, and lesser players get 3 month suspension next year plus a fine,
Stop mollycoddling these people or we’ll be back again on the same subject, make them grow up or get them out of the game
Theyre not needed , or wanted,!!
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:46 pm

Won't somebody think of the children

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:53 pm

Beattie was in Perth trying to get corporate support for the game from the W.A. premier when this news broke....didnt go down too well over there
GCT is right...we need to stop condoning this which is what people who say "I dont condone this, but..." are doing.
I understand young people make poor decisions especially when on the turps, Ive been there believe me...but these guys representing the game have to grow up a LOT quicker than the average young guy

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:13 pm

20 year olds will always be 20 year olds. What was missing was the wise heads and leaders setting an example and ensuring things didn’t get out of hand. They needed to set expectations and standards. This then becomes culture - the culture of the club and to some extent, the culture of the game. Perceived culture then helps sell or not sell your product. Simple.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:41 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:46 pm
Won't somebody think of the children
A+ for the simpsons reference
No more plodders!
:sign:

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:05 pm

Poor form from the club to tip off the media and host the event in the middle of the city. Surely host it somewhere a bit quieter where you can have your shenanigans and fun without having bottom feeder journos and camera men sitting outside with their mics and cameras looking for a story. Hosting it in the middle of the Rocks was never going to be a good idea.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:30 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:05 pm
Poor form from the club to tip off the media and host the event in the middle of the city. Surely host it somewhere a bit quieter where you can have your shenanigans and fun without having bottom feeder journos and camera men sitting outside with their mics and cameras looking for a story. Hosting it in the middle of the Rocks was never going to be a good idea.
That’s it,!!, it was all someone’s else’s fault, ,,,,,the bad reporters made me do it........I’m not guilty.......the big boys forced me to drop my daks!!!

Give us a break!!!

No matter how you try and whitewash the actions of these fools, if they didn’t do it . they wouldn’t be in the crap that they are in.
They’ve been warned well and truly by the NRL
How long do you think that we should pamper these gooses like little babies .
Get them out of the game

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:33 pm

A bloke vomits from a couple too many and you want to suspend him for a year? Come on....

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:46 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:33 pm
A bloke vomits from a couple too many and you want to suspend him for a year? Come on....
Doc, I said the ringleaders should get a year.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:57 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:30 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:05 pm
That’s it,!!, it was all someone’s else’s fault, ,,,,,the bad reporters made me do it........I’m not guilty.......the big boys forced me to drop my daks!!!

Give us a break!!!

No matter how you try and whitewash the actions of these fools, if they didn’t do it . they wouldn’t be in the crap that they are in.
They’ve been warned well and truly by the NRL
How long do you think that we should pamper these gooses like little babies .
Get them out of the game
They know what happens on mad monday, they go there for the story no matter how much they will tell you otherwise. The idiocy on the Bulldogs part was the location (which I pointed out). I would be shocked if players weren't throwing up at 7 other mad monday's this week, and I'll bet that there were nudie runs at all 7 too, but it's not reported.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:11 pm

The fact that everyone knows it’s going to happen just shows the level of idiocy that these knuckle draggers have,.
Boot em!
Maybe they’ve been hanging around with their supporters for too long and are catching whatever makes them Drongos

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:17 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

So maybe we should wait until there’s another report of vandalism,, rape or assaults, to draw a line and let them know that it’s over

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:12 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:46 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
That isn't what I read, but I don't read all posts these days. Anyhow, in my opinion, they've done nothing more than thousands upon thousands of teens, 20 somethings, 30 somethings and so on have done for decades or more. Let get some perspective here. Stupid. foolish, whatever...it's been done before, it'll happen again and it won't be remembered much past the next month or so. Or at least it shouldn't be.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:16 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:17 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

So maybe we should wait until there’s another report of vandalism,, rape or assaults, to draw a line and let them know that it’s over
Im with you GCT. Same as when Carney got punted, it wasn't the worst thing in the world he did but the game didn't need him.
They need to wise up.

Scare

Post by Scare » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:53 am

Howdy howdy let's get rowdy

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 7:49 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:12 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:46 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
That isn't what I read, but I don't read all posts these days. Anyhow, in my opinion, they've done nothing more than thousands upon thousands of teens, 20 somethings, 30 somethings and so on have done for decades or more. Let get some perspective here. Stupid. foolish, whatever...it's been done before, it'll happen again and it won't be remembered much past the next month or so. Or at least it shouldn't be.
The average 20 or 30 something’s dont get paid huge money to do their job in a field that they love being in.
That brings with it a hell of a lot of responsibility, and if they aren’t responsible enough to live with that , and conduct themselves decently.
They will find it harder and harder
To remain in the game.
Whether we like it or not , anyone in the public eye needs to be aware that they could be on a camera at any time of the day and night.
It’s the price of being well known.
Sponsors pour the money in, and they can stop it just as quickly.
I’d hate to see my business tied up with people or a club like this.