Re: Bulldogs apologise for Mad Monday behaviour

Post by Russell » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:22 am

Scare wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 1:53 am
Howdy howdy let's get rowdy
Come on, Chris wasn't even there... :lol:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 8:33 am

Meh, not going to slate the boys for doing things I have done in the past.

Agree it's not a good look for the game though, perhaps the club needs to make sure they have a private function next year. The club should have known better, they know the journos are gutter level in Sydney, especially the Errorgraph.

The people that are running the line that kids look up to these guys as role models, well they are the problem. If your kids role models are people who happen to be good at sport, you're doing it wrong.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:24 pm

NRL fines Canterbury Bulldogs $250,000 for Mad Monday celebrations
By Stuart Honeysett
41 minutes ago

Dean Pay slugged with $25,000 fine.The NRL has fined the Canterbury Bulldogs $250,000 for bringing the game into disrepute over Mad Monday celebrations.

The Bulldogs were informed this afternoon about the fine after an investigation by the integrity unit.

CEO Todd Greenberg said the penalty reflects the seriousness of the breach which has damaged the game in the lead up to the finals.

“The NRL today issued the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs with a breach notice proposing a fine of $250,000 relating to the club’s post-season function,” Greenberg said.

The penalty proposed by the NRL has been influenced strongly by the fact that the club organised the event, senior club officials were present and some of the activities took place in an area which is in view of the general public.#nrl

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:45 pm

Wow, a fine of $250k, could have cheated the cap by half a million or so to earn that.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 3:46 pm

Toddles grossly overreacts, pats himself on the back and continues to make a fool of himself and the NRL.News Ltd puff up with delight and tell you what a good job they are doing as media and the main supporters of the NRL.
Seriously you couldnt make this up if you tried. What has the best sport in the world done to deserve these toads?50k fine would have been sufficient.
Toddles continues to ignore the cheating in the cap and allows an unfair situation to continue

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 4:10 pm

The question that has to be asked (but won't be answered) is ,"Are the teams who grossly and flagrantly rort the CAP cleanskins?" Don't they bring the NRL into disrepute?"

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 4:37 pm

Look how strong our governance is. We are growing the game.
Meanwhile crowds sink, the refs are crap, rules are changed on a whim, managers are complicit in cheating the cap without punishment, junior numbers fall and Greenberg is not up to managing a licenced club in a town of 2000, let alone a billion dollar business

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 2:43 pm

Headline just now on Chan 7 saying Tigers players in trouble at a strip club. No names obviously want us to watch 7 news.
No more plodders!
:sign:

OutbackJack

Post by OutbackJack » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:29 pm

Grubby journalism .. my understanding is that they hired a private room on the third floor. Nobody was going to see them there .. they could do what they liked. But grubby journo gets a vantage point and a telephoto lens and there is the story. Payback for last year perhaps??? Hate where journalism has gone in Sydney.