Swearing an Oath to the Game

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
happy tiger

Swearing an Oath to the Game

Post by happy tiger » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 11:08 pm

I heard an idea from a radio fan on MMM Steven Siensempre ??spelling( he a WT's fan ) tonight

The bloke from Mackay said why not get everyone involved in the game at NRL level (both on and off ) to swear an oath to protect the game

He mentioned all judges /refs do it at the Olympics to be fair , show respect to all competitors etc

Why not do the same in the NRL , might make a few think twice before they do what they might do that isn't in the best interests of the game

Add some real harsh penalties , make every club and its officials do it publically , as well as the refs and everyone at the NRL headquarters as well

Might be interesting to see the results ......

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 11:31 pm

Would my anti-nuke protests at GFs be barred?
Would protest banners against certain coaches etc be barred?
all too problematic and patriotic for my liking
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 12:11 am

Olympics have the biggest cheats and most corruption on earth...lol swear an oath..good one toad licker
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:34 pm

I'd swear an oath to never swearing an oath.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:03 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 04 Sep, 2018 11:31 pm
BBF, what are you doing gadding around at A GF anyway?
I thought that you were a WTs fan,
We’ve got a religious ruling that no one connected to WTs can go anywhere near a GF. The players have no problem in Complying with that rule , and so should you :lol:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:52 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:03 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 04 Sep, 2018 11:31 pm
BBF, what are you doing gadding around at A GF anyway?
I thought that you were a WTs fan,
We’ve got a religious ruling that no one connected to WTs can go anywhere near a GF. The players have no problem in Complying with that rule , and so should you :lol:
Well it is like this. After following the Magies for 11 years from '66 to '77 and knowing I had no chance of ever getting to a GF for the right reason I had to invent some way of getting in. Looking back I can't remember paying much to get in. I am guessing being a replay due to a draw that the tickets were severely discounted. The only GF I have ever attended and I didn't even get to see the game.

But I am notorious for not paying - as a child I used to climb a tree and jump over the fence to avoid paying two bob at entrance at the show ground. Then climbing under every sideshow tent to get a full view of the boxing and girlies show - then returning home and giving my mother the two bob back. She was so proud of me. I was just happy seeing the girlie shows aye
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 4:56 pm

It would be embarrassing.

The players would need to read the oath, which would stop the process for a load of them.

Most of the others would have a legal defence in that they had no understanding of the words they were uttering