Your Opinion on were Two New Teams Should Be Based In the NRL

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Re: Your Opinion on were Two New Teams Should Be Based In the NRL

Post by Harvey » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 7:37 am

Balmainbred wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 6:42 pm
Ipswich based side a must, take the dominance in Brisbane away from the donkeys. Had it all to there self for to long. Very strong junior base out there. And a very big expanding area. I’m pretty sure the Brisbane Lions have done a deal to move out west from the Gabba.
Ipswich is like western Sydney. Loads of juniors, population growth but no corporate support


greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 1:48 pm

Definitely a 2nd Brisbane side & one on the Central Coast.

Silentio
Member
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon 01 Jun, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Silentio » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 4:13 pm

- Perth would be huge mistake. Small, isolated and near zero supporters. The Western Force fiasco should be enough of a reason for the NRL to give Perth a wide berth,

- PNG is but a sweet fantasy.

- Central Coast is full of retirees and has no corporate support.

So.....

Brisbane is a logical choice. Big population and plenty of footy support.

My second choice is Melbourne. Big population that will turn up to watch grass grow.

Plan B would be a mid season Pacific Cup featuring NSW, QLD, NZ and Tonga.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Silentio wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 4:13 pm
- Perth would be huge mistake. Small, isolated and near zero supporters. The Western Force fiasco should be enough of a reason for the NRL to give Perth a wide berth,

- PNG is but a sweet fantasy.

- Central Coast is full of retirees and has no corporate support.

So.....

Brisbane is a logical choice. Big population and plenty of footy support.

My second choice is Melbourne. Big population that will turn up to watch grass grow.

Plan B would be a mid season Pacific Cup featuring NSW, QLD, NZ and Tonga.
Think your wrong with Melbourne - They had a home semi there last week against "The Pride of the League" and could only manage about 17 1/2 thousand. Not good enough for one team, let alone two.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 5:14 pm

1 should be in Brisbane.

The other should be the nowhere nomads. They should have a 12 year plan where they play each home game at a different venue.

Each year the venue with the lowest crowd is eliminated, while the venue with the highest crowd gets an extra game. Venues with multiple games have the average attendance used when working out the next venue to be eliminated.
In their 12th year they will have a home.

They would also need to factor in corporate support somehow


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18409
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 6:25 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 5:14 pm
1 should be in Brisbane.

The other should be the nowhere nomads. They should have a 12 year plan where they play each home game at a different venue.

Each year the venue with the lowest crowd is eliminated, while the venue with the highest crowd gets an extra game. Venues with multiple games have the average attendance used when working out the next venue to be eliminated.
In their 12th year they will have a home.

They would also need to factor in corporate support somehow
Didn't realise Wests Tigers were a reality TV show???
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4268
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:35 pm

QLD RL chair has said its time we start to talking about relocating Sydney teams again and to Perth and Adelaide. Story was in the Australian.
No more plodders!
:sign:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3586
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 1:02 pm

WT2K wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 12:35 pm
QLD RL chair has said its time we start to talking about relocating Sydney teams again and to Perth and Adelaide. Story was in the Australian.
It wont be happening

Tarl
Member
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Tarl » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 2:44 pm

Manly/Easts to merge (Change to Central Coast Chickenhawks)

Sharks to Perth.

2nd team in Brisbane/Ipswich (Maybe call it Greater Western Brisbane)

This keeps 16 teams, expands the NRL reach, breaks Broncos stranglehold. Kills all the birds with a few stones.

Solved. Thread closed. ;)

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 4:05 pm

Maybe the QLD RL chair should relocate the Donkeys to Perth.

Then get a team in Brisbane that isn't rorting the system.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 4:48 pm

Brisbane and Perth. Could relocate roosters to Perth. In future would be good to have a Fiji, PNG and Samoa in the league too

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7222
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 5:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 9:52 am
Central Coast would definitely be one. I’d love to see the CC Bears playing in black and red and taking home games to North Sydney Oval.

Not really fussed about where a second team would come in. Maybe Perth.
Me to, but the NRL will put a team in between Sydney and Newcastle. To me it’s a no brainer, but will not happen. Perth certainly worth a shot again, great time slot with the two hour time difference. I would also consider a team on the Sunshine Coast or maybe Ipswich just to give the Bronks some competition

Post Reply