2018 Grand Final Melbourne v Roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Fade To Black

Re: 2018 Grand Final Melbourne v Roosters

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:05 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:47 pm
Slater gets off.... I wonder how uncle nicks feeling right now... Lol
Considering one of his players has just sat out for 3 weeks for a shoulder charge he would be rightly pissed off.

Wonder where Greenberg the greasy little pig has been throughout this whole schemozzle? That germ has gottà go, the game is an embarrassment under his watch.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:07 pm

Disgraceful decision if it was virtually anyone else they would be suspended.Once again the NRL look after one of their pin up boys.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:07 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:02 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:58 pm
mike wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:57 pm
Needaname wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:54 pm

Why? Read the live blog. It is a very complex and compelling account of the collision.
It was a shoulder charge pure and simple. Everyone could see it. Unintentional but still a shoulder charge. This is why the NRL is a joke.

Read the live blog and inform yourself
I’ve read it all. Doesn’t change a thing. The NRL are so inconsistent it is a major reason why it struggles to gain a new audience at times. A terrible decision and a blight on the integrity of the NRL.

Could you please explain how it is a terrible decision. Keeping in mind you read the live blog and saw the evidence presented.
Its an opinion!

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:10 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:07 pm
mike wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:
It was a shoulder charge pure and simple. Everyone could see it. Unintentional but still a shoulder charge. This is why the NRL is a joke.

I’ve read it all. Doesn’t change a thing. The NRL are so inconsistent it is a major reason why it struggles to gain a new audience at times. A terrible decision and a blight on the integrity of the NRL.

Could you please explain how it is a terrible decision. Keeping in mind you read the live blog and saw the evidence presented.
It was a shoulder charge. Slater was running at speed and couldn’t turn his body in time. Unintentional but still a shoulder charge. To say the force was anywhere other than the shoulder is incongruous with what actually happened.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm

mike wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:54 pm

Why? Read the live blog. It is a very complex and compelling account of the collision.

Very well put Mike. The NRL has ZERO integrity.........has been that way for a few seasons now and getting worse.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:19 pm

Well no surprise here, he will now be free to use his studs into Rorters faces in attempting to stop tries with only a financial penalty that the Storm will be only too happy to foot the bill. I hate both these teams but hate the Rorters more so shoulder charge, kick, stud and bite all you want Billy.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:21 pm

mike wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:10 pm
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

It was a shoulder charge. Slater was running at speed and couldn’t turn his body in time. Unintentional but still a shoulder charge. To say the force was anywhere other than the shoulder is incongruous with what actually happened.
So you are just ignoring every single fact presented by the Slater and his lawyer. Fair enough. Just own it.
Its an opinion!

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:23 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:21 pm
mike wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:10 pm
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:

So you are just ignoring every single fact presented by the Slater and his lawyer. Fair enough. Just own it.
I absolutely own it. They got it wrong.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:24 pm

The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:

Technically he “read” the evidence presented.
First an foremost it was not argued that it wasn’t a shoulder charge. It was argued that it was an unfortunate collision that put Billy in the position of making the contact with a shoulder.
Second.
Despite what you think. The way the shoulder charge rule is stated it is not a black and white ruling.
It must be argued that the player made no attempt to make contact with the arms when affecting the tackle.
It includes that the attempt to make the contact with the arms does not have to be a successful attempt.
Now after reading the ruling and watching the tackle you have to be 100% sure that slater is not trying to make any sort of conventional tackle.

Moh

Post by Moh » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:26 pm

Meh - as far as shoulder charges go, that one was a penalty and in the context a sin binning, but not worthy of a suspension. It was almost shoulder to shoulder rather than the ugly front-on ones. His defense of the charge was also solid.

End of the day, Im happy to cop that decision because no one deserves to miss a grand final over that.

I'm happy to see Slater get a proper send off.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:28 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:24 pm
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

First an foremost it was not argued that it wasn’t a shoulder charge. It was argued that it was an unfortunate collision that put Billy in the position of making the contact with a shoulder.
Second.
Despite what you think. The way the shoulder charge rule is stated it is not a black and white ruling.
It must be argued that the player made no attempt to make contact with the arms when affecting the tackle.
It includes that the attempt to make the contact with the arms does not have to be a successful attempt.
Now after reading the ruling and watching the tackle you have to be 100% sure that slater is not trying to make any sort of conventional tackle.

I said it on the night, His right hand will save him.

He had enough to form a case.

Should be a great game.

Hope Cronk can take the field.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:32 pm

Moh wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:26 pm
Meh - as far as shoulder charges go, that one was a penalty and in the context a sin binning, but not worthy of a suspension. It was almost shoulder to shoulder rather than the ugly front-on ones. His defense of the charge was also solid.

End of the day, Im happy to cop that decision because no one deserves to miss a grand final over that.

I'm happy to see Slater get a proper send off.
Meh...me too
Im no fan of his despite me grudgingly accepting hes one hell of a player and I wish we had one like him.

The NRL continue to paint themselves into a corner, they leave loopholes unknotted, they leave doors ajar...pretty amateur

But for the actual action, it was a good try saving movement...great collison and I dont want this out of our game its turning soft

Im happy for Slater to go out how he deserves to win or lose, Im happier with how the Roosters will be feeling right about now :D :lol:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:34 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:24 pm
The Patriot wrote:
mike wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Second.
He didnt make any attempt whatsoever to make a proper tackle, his arm was pinned to his side preparing for nothing else but shoulder-first contact. His spin that he "thought Feki was going to step inside" was pure BS, Slater didn't slow down one iota in anticipation of a sidestep.
Just hope he is on the receiving end of a bellringer on Sunday. That'd be sweet, sweet karma.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:38 pm

Slater had to be found not guilty tonight - they’ve already engraved his name onto the Clive Churchill Medal!!!😜
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:38 pm
Slater had to be found not guilty tonight - they’ve already engraved his name onto the Clive Churchill Medal!!!😜
He could score 3 tries, set up 3 more, and save 5, and there will still be idiots claiming it was rigged in his favour.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
He could score 3 tries, set up 3 more, and save 5, and there will still be idiots claiming it was rigged in his favour.
What? You mean like origin?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:52 pm

Can anyone tell me where some of my responding posts are going?

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Aint that the truth
Its an opinion!