2018 Grand Final Melbourne v Roosters

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
eyewonder

Re: 2018 Grand Final Melbourne v Roosters

Post by eyewonder » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:36 am

who do I put my hard earned on?
cant back Melbourne because of bellamys arrogance in not coaching the tigers all those years ago .
cant back the roosters as they pinched teddy.

tough decision.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:48 am

Dan Blanco wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 11:47 pm
Go Roosters.
Do you feel dirty Dan after typing those two words?

I understand your sentiment. You can’t stand Melbourne but resorting to cheering for the rorters............yuk!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:53 am

I cant recollect ever feeling so apathetic towards a GF.No matter who wins the code is the loser.
The NRL are destroying the game from within

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:07 am

Storm for me. Great coach, he makes average players into excellent players.

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:07 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:48 am
Dan Blanco wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 11:47 pm
Go Roosters.
Do you feel dirty Dan after typing those two words?

I understand your sentiment. You can’t stand Melbourne but resorting to cheering for the rorters............yuk!
I Just got home from the pub before posting, Steve. One thing I love about league is the 'tribal' element - I love it.

I also don't prescribe to the belief that the roosters should lose ('cause Teddy is in the team). Genuinely hope he gets a ring.

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:13 am

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
I cant recollect ever feeling so apathetic towards a GF.No matter who wins the code is the loser.
I agree, I'm disappointed the NRL didn't have the jewels to suspend Slater for what was a text book shoulder charge. Like you, I'm totally apathetic towards this GF and will have my one-man protest by not watching.

Time to forego the WT forum until next year - it's been an entertaining winter and I thank the contributors of the site for keeping the dream alive for our team and having a laugh in the process.
Suffering supporter since 1967

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:39 am

Don't let the fact that the 3 panellists are separate from the NRL and don't work for the NRL come between you and the tin foil.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:41 am

I find myself leaning towards the storm ... Dunno why
It's like when you're at the dentist.... You know you got a cavity and drilling reqd.... And she asks "would you like a needle"

Oh yeah sure I love needles... Especially in a gum... Gimmee a dozen please

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:12 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yep. Would agree with all of this.

Still hope the Roosters brutalize those vermin though. (It does make a bloke feel pretty disgusting TBH having to lower themselves to barrack for Unca Nick's cabana-boys).

Roll on 2019, surely next season couldn't pan out any worse than 2018.

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm

Common sense prevailed with Billy Slater's decision. A love West Tigers however love watching NRL in general.

Whilst Slater is not a clean skin one has to appreciate for such a small bloke he has had one amazing career in the toughest sport in the world. I have been watching rugby league since 1977 and never seen a full back like him. He has changed the way full backs play the game and 2nd highest try scorer of all time. Will be an immortal in the future along with Lockyer, Thurston and Cameron Smith. Would love to see a prop like Webcke or The Brick with ears also be consider as an immortal.

Storm have class all over the park and Cronk (who would be playing a record 8th Grand final if fit) is a big loss.

Storm by plenty and Slater to win MOM.

I suppose the one question most supporters are asking is the salary cap and third party agreements fair given Storm and Roosters have contested the last 16 of 20 Grand Finals between them.

The other question is how does a team like Storm loss in 2017 the Australian half back, Cronk, an Australian Prop, Jordan McLean and a Kiwi International second rower Tohu Harris and still make another Grand Final the next year? If it was WT lose players of this quality we would be using this as an excuse all year. Gotta admire the quality of the Storm system that demands quality every year unlike WT who appear happy just to try and scrape into the top 8. One can only dream for 2019

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:23 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:39 am
Don't let the fact that the 3 panellists are separate from the NRL and don't work for the NRL come between you and the tin foil.
Would happily share the tinfoil with the snowflake pinheads who moan "people only wanted to see Slater get found guilty only because they don't like him".

patwalker

Post by patwalker » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:46 am

In a perfect world the Rorters beat the storm 50-0 because the Storm are grubs. Then, a week later, Uncle Nicks second set of books are anonymously handed in and the Rorters are booted out of the league all together for 15 years of deliberate salary cap breaching.
Hey, I can dream right!?!?!? LOL

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:57 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:23 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Would happily share the tinfoil with the snowflake pinheads who moan "people only wanted to see Slater get found guilty only because they don't like him".
Yeah, because there is zero truth to that. Especially coming from those indiviiduals begging for him to be maimed. Yeah, no bias talking there is there :lol:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 6:56 am

Got a feeling Cameron Munster will be the man if the Storm are to get up.
Its an opinion!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:38 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:57 am
Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yeah, because there is zero truth to that. Especially coming from those indiviiduals begging for him to be maimed. Yeah, no bias talking there is there :lol:
First and foremost he should of been found guilty due to his tackle being an outlawed act in the NRL, most people who follow the game were of the belief that his tackle was outside of what is allowed in the NRL these days. That is why he should not be playing this weekend.
The fact that people are hoping for him to be knocked rotten on Sunday no doubt comes from the fact that he is an extremely disliked player, who is widely regarded as a filthy grub. I can see why that is, you can't eh?
He had a rule changed "in his honour" in regards to the cowardly act of shoving his boots into the faces and backs of blokes scoring a try. That fact is definitely worthy of him having true maggot status IMO.
He is also known as a bloke who is very happy dishing out questionable acts on a footy field yet acts like a true cat when he cops anything in return.
So to sum things up he shouldn't be playing due to his dodgy tackle but people will be stoked to see him carted off ANZ Stadium in a horizontal position on Sunday due to the fact of him being an extremely disliked player by many who have seen him play over his career.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:06 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
First and foremost he should of been found guilty due to his tackle being an outlawed act in the NRL, most people who follow the game were of the belief that his tackle was outside of what is allowed in the NRL these days. That is why he should not be playing this weekend.
The fact that people are hoping for him to be knocked rotten on Sunday no doubt comes from the fact that he is an extremely disliked player, who is widely regarded as a filthy grub. I can see why that is, you can't eh?
He had a rule changed "in his honour" in regards to the cowardly act of shoving his boots into the faces and backs of blokes scoring a try. That fact is definitely worthy of him having true maggot status IMO.
He is also known as a bloke who is very happy dishing out questionable acts on a footy field yet acts like a true cat when he cops anything in return.
So to sum things up he shouldn't be playing due to his dodgy tackle but people will be stoked to see him carted off ANZ Stadium in a horizontal position on Sunday due to the fact of him being an extremely disliked player by many who have seen him play over his career.
Though I would never wish upon any player on any sporting field an injury, I would have to agree with your thoughts on B.Slater. Leading with the knees when the opposition were scoring, feet in the face, diving, etc etc, now this. As good a player as he is, that is the way I will remember him.

It would be incredibly ironic if he were to be laid out flat this Sunday with a shoulder charge, but I would assume the Chooks consider this type of tackle illegal?
Last edited by Bee-Em on Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:36 pm

Pretty sure he'll finish his career Sunday night, win, lose or draw, in perfect health, being lauded as one of the all time greats.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:38 pm

Bee-Em wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:06 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

Though I would never wish upon any player on any sporting filed an injury, I would have to agree with your thoughts on B.Slater. Leading with the knees when the opposition were scoring, feet in the face, diving, etc etc, now this. As good a player as he is, that is the way I will remember him.

It would be incredibly ironic if he were to be laid out flat this Sunday with a shoulder charge, but I would assume the Chooks consider this type of tackle illegal?
If he gets the slightest bump in Sunday he will be the first to complain to the refs and loudly.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999