Re: 2018 Grand Final Melbourne v Roosters

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:37 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:40 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 5:49 pm
Melbourne don’t hold a candle to the Roosters, despite their salary cap scandal almost a decade ago. That scandal is now as ancient as the Dogs scandal in 2002. Nobody still carries so much bitterness towards the Dogs over that, so why people still get so upset over the Storm beats me.

The Roosters are a grubby, soulless club. A stain on the game. Couldn’t develop a junior if they had a shot gun to their heads. They rely on a crusty old millionaire to keep them afloat, and when he dies, so will they.

Go the Storm
That was thoroughly enjoyable to watch. How's those lemons taste champ? :lol:
Smith, Slater, Munster, Chambers, ArseOfASorryMoaner and Vunivalu all played like crap. Doesn't get any better than that!
The only way to make whiskey n coke taste any better is to watch Cammy soak up the tears as well. Can go back to despising the Roosters now. Just needed a bit more coverage of Supercoach Gutsache spitting on the windows to really enjoy the night. Happy Days!!
Roosters membership for you in your Xmas stocking this year. How sad you have to resort to cheering them on :lol:
Keep your chin up sunshine :lol:
Your Storm might get there next year. Enjoy the saltiness. What a great night.

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:50 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:23 am
I'm curious all the Melbourne haters in the thread, is it the players or what the club stands for? Because Melbourne might have previously been cheats, but no salary cap issues for a decade. Otherwise it's, what, the way they bend and test the rules?

Well I believe the Roosters bend and test the rules as well, just in a different facet. They are literally superior in every single position to Tigers 1-17 and ran out a team this evening just chock full of rep talent.

Roosters essentially flashed the chequebook last year and picked up two soulless $1M players. They cherry-picked two of arguably the top 5 or 6 players in the entire game to "complement" the team they already had, let go of a few nuffies, and didn't even have to wait more than 1 season to jag the premiership.

If that doesn't upset people as much as Melbourne have done, I don't get why not. I get some people can't choose between the teams, but to be celebratory about the Roosters... I cannot see any possibility how.

The only saving grace was watching Smith and Slater choke on their bitterness, and not to have to put up with a Slater arse-kissing in the post-match.
I totally agree. I dislike the Storm probably because I’m just jealous of their success over such an extended period of time. But the Roosters- I just can’t see how any non-Roosters fan can celebrate their victory knowing how they bought themselves a premiership.

To me this grand final has shown everything that’s wrong with the game. And the dramas at our club just makes me depressed to the point where I feel like giving up on the NRL altogether. Maybe the only thing that will give me something to smile about would be if the Roosters get done for cheating the cap. And we all know the likelihood of that.....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:57 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:37 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:40 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 5:49 pm
Melbourne don’t hold a candle to the Roosters, despite their salary cap scandal almost a decade ago. That scandal is now as ancient as the Dogs scandal in 2002. Nobody still carries so much bitterness towards the Dogs over that, so why people still get so upset over the Storm beats me.

The Roosters are a grubby, soulless club. A stain on the game. Couldn’t develop a junior if they had a shot gun to their heads. They rely on a crusty old millionaire to keep them afloat, and when he dies, so will they.

Go the Storm
That was thoroughly enjoyable to watch. How's those lemons taste champ? :lol:
Smith, Slater, Munster, Chambers, ArseOfASorryMoaner and Vunivalu all played like crap. Doesn't get any better than that!
The only way to make whiskey n coke taste any better is to watch Cammy soak up the tears as well. Can go back to despising the Roosters now. Just needed a bit more coverage of Supercoach Gutsache spitting on the windows to really enjoy the night. Happy Days!!
Roosters membership for you in your Xmas stocking this year. How sad you have to resort to cheering them on :lol:
Keep your chin up sunshine :lol:
Your Storm might get there next year. Enjoy the saltiness. What a great night.
Thanks Uncle Nick

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:23 am

If the Roosters and a few other select clubs continue to be allowed to systematically buy all the best players on the market without scrutiny then in a few years the NRL will end up like the women's comp is at the moment - all the good players will be stacked into half a dozen teams, which will be the only ones capable of competing for the Premiership.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:26 am

tigerap wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:32 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:15 pm
The two best run clubs played in the gf. We need to wise up.

Congrats to Teddy, he made a wise career choice and will continue to benefit from it. Our guys will go back to the back of a grandstand.
The two best run clubs... only cause they have the best accountants to fool the nrl and an endless supply of
Money
Parra also have an endless supply of money..
They are the best run clubs , no doubt in my mind.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:27 am

Clearyweareone wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:11 pm
Easts were brilliant and Keary had an unbelieve game. Was a no brainer for Clive Churchill Medal.

Easts bought Teddy and Cronk to fill positions they were weak in to it worked perfectly.

No matter what you think of Cronk, I am a huge fan, he has played in 8 Grand Finals (modern day record) and has won 5 of them. He brings so much professionalism and inspirational. Will not be considered an immortal but definite a Hall of Famer.

So glad Ryan Matterson and Paul M are both coming to WT in 2019. Hopefully they will bring some of the winning culture to WT.

Given Cronk's injury and having won another Grand Final do Forum members believe he may announce his retirement and if so will Easts look at the Dally M half back Luke Brooks as a replacement?

No I think they will look at Cameron Munster as his replacement.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 4:39 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 1:27 am
Clearyweareone wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:11 pm
Easts were brilliant and Keary had an unbelieve game. Was a no brainer for Clive Churchill Medal.

Easts bought Teddy and Cronk to fill positions they were weak in to it worked perfectly.

No matter what you think of Cronk, I am a huge fan, he has played in 8 Grand Finals (modern day record) and has won 5 of them. He brings so much professionalism and inspirational. Will not be considered an immortal but definite a Hall of Famer.

So glad Ryan Matterson and Paul M are both coming to WT in 2019. Hopefully they will bring some of the winning culture to WT.

Given Cronk's injury and having won another Grand Final do Forum members believe he may announce his retirement and if so will Easts look at the Dally M half back Luke Brooks as a replacement?

No I think they will look at Cameron Munster as his replacement.
They can have Josh Reynolds for 750k.....
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 5:56 am

jirskyr wrote:
I'm curious all the Melbourne haters in the thread, is it the players or what the club stands for? Because Melbourne might have previously been cheats, but no salary cap issues for a decade. Otherwise it's, what, the way they bend and test the rules?

Well I believe the Roosters bend and test the rules as well, just in a different facet. They are literally superior in every single position to Tigers 1-17 and ran out a team this evening just chock full of rep talent.

Roosters essentially flashed the chequebook last year and picked up two soulless $1M players. They cherry-picked two of arguably the top 5 or 6 players in the entire game to "complement" the team they already had, let go of a few nuffies, and didn't even have to wait more than 1 season to jag the premiership.

If that doesn't upset people as much as Melbourne have done, I don't get why not. I get some people can't choose between the teams, but to be celebratory about the Roosters... I cannot see any possibility how.

The only saving grace was watching Smith and Slater choke on their bitterness, and not to have to put up with a Slater arse-kissing in the post-match.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 6:08 am

“Souless “players is a ridiculous way to refer to two players who want the best deal for their efforts, they are professional sportsmen, who want to be the best , and want to play with the best, at the highest level.p
Too bad that we don’t want have more like them
Instead of crying about the way that the Roosters are run we should be trying to be more like them

Nick Politis is a real supporter of the club and has been for decades , and is now setting up some property as an income for the Roosters future, for when he’s no longer here.

We have HT,
Who we only hear from when he needs us for a bit of publicity.

If , we have as many supporters as the club keeps telling us, surely there is some businessmen that our Silent Board members know of ,who could be Cajoled into getting behind our club
The Roosters expect to be successfull, And plan for it
We and a lot of clubs only Hope for it

If this Board can’t start to get other people to support this club then get rid of them and look for people who are used to success .
Running other clubs down who ARE successful ,doesn’t help at all.
Just because we can’t attract players like Cronk and Tedesco isn’t their fault, it’s our problem.
We have to think and learn from the better clubs if we want to be up
There with them on a regular basis.

But we probably won’t do anything different, we’ll just keep on criticising people who want to be the best, AND keep on losing them to the top clubs

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 6:59 am

mightymagpie wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 12:50 am
jirskyr wrote:

I totally agree. I dislike the Storm probably because I’m just jealous of their success over such an extended period of time. But the Roosters- I just can’t see how any non-Roosters fan can celebrate their victory knowing how they bought themselves a premiership.

To me this grand final has shown everything that’s wrong with the game. And the dramas at our club just makes me depressed to the point where I feel like giving up on the NRL altogether. Maybe the only thing that will give me something to smile about would be if the Roosters get done for cheating the cap. And we all know the likelihood of that.....
Talking to my bro in law after the game I felt similar, thinking about how we as a club fit into it all, how far away we are and just the unevenness of the comp as a whole.
I look at Cronks display and I see something thats been earnt very much, it will go down in history and the Roosters owe Cronk everything...but Cronks pain will subside and he will never have to want for anything ever again as hes earnt the right to be a Politis lackey for the rest of his days, much like Mini, Ricko etc
They as a club however earnt nothing, they bought it...
Unless theres some drastic change in the way the cap/TPAs are ...I cant see us challenging seriously any time soon really...another 05 is a lifetime away

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:51 am

The pathetic Channel Nine commentary made a dull game even worse . The self important Gould's gems of wisdom combined with Warren's 1980s style droning ruined the S O A as well.This old boys club needs a serious overhaul or sub contact the coverage to the vastly superior Fox Sports.

Gould in particular seems to think his bleeding obvious comments are earth shattering.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:59 am

Don Kershane wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 7:51 am
The pathetic Channel Nine commentary made a dull game even worse . The self important Gould's gems of wisdom combined with Warren's 1980s style droning ruined the S O A as well.This old boys club needs a serious overhaul or sub contact the coverage to the vastly superior Fox Sports.

Gould in particular seems to think his bleeding obvious comments are earth shattering.
He repeats himself more than Donald Trump. When Cronk kicked the field goal and Slater dived, he said at least 4 times, over and over “Slater knew what he was doing. Slater knew what he was doing. Slater knew what he was doing. Slater knew what he was doing”. Loves the sound of his own voice.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:27 am

The standout piece for me was when Smith Kicked the ball dead and it was almost a brilliant kick. For anyone else it would have been a bad mistake. But then again, we're talking about Cammy I suppose.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:28 am

WswWt wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:08 pm
Russell wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:02 pm
WswWt wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:24 pm
Wow Cooper Cronk! Out of the big 3 he is the stand out. Immortal after today
So all you have to do is play injured?????

Get serious please.
Mate he played with basically a broken shoulder. If Cooper Cronk didn’t play Storm win I reckon. He has a massive influence
You don't understand - I am not disputing what he did and his influence.

I am saying he is NOT an immortal because of it. Comprende' ?

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:31 am

Out at the ground I thought it was a good game. Roosters came out strongly and rattled them in the first 20 and the Storm were shook. From there they just muscles up in defence.
Storm and Munster in particular showed that they don’t do well if they are rattled and you keep the pressure on. We did it to them early in the season and the Roosters did it last night.

I thought that Aubusson was their best player made was important tackles and was the leader of their defence line.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:34 am

Cronks courage was astonishing. Further more, his demeanour after the win was first class. He even gave a moment or two to speak with the young bloke who handed him his medal. Absolute top effort and one that will be remembered for as long as the game is played I think. He's still full of himself though .... :lol:

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:38 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the length of the 1st Munster sinbinning was a bit controversial I thought. I was sure he had gone off with just less than 10 minutes to go and yet he returned with around 15 - 20 seconds to play and very nearly set up a try for Ado Carr. Anyone else see that or am I completely wrong here?

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 01 Oct, 2018 8:44 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Oct, 2018 6:08 am
“Souless “players is a ridiculous way to refer to two players who want the best deal for their efforts, they are professional sportsmen, who want to be the best , and want to play with the best, at the highest level.p
Too bad that we don’t want have more like them
Instead of crying about the way that the Roosters are run we should be trying to be more like them

Nick Politis is a real supporter of the club and has been for decades , and is now setting up some property as an income for the Roosters future, for when he’s no longer here.

We have HT,
Who we only hear from when he needs us for a bit of publicity.

If , we have as many supporters as the club keeps telling us, surely there is some businessmen that our Silent Board members know of ,who could be Cajoled into getting behind our club
The Roosters expect to be successfull, And plan for it
We and a lot of clubs only Hope for it

If this Board can’t start to get other people to support this club then get rid of them and look for people who are used to success .
Running other clubs down who ARE successful ,doesn’t help at all.
Just because we can’t attract players like Cronk and Tedesco isn’t their fault, it’s our problem.
We have to think and learn from the better clubs if we want to be up
There with them on a regular basis.

But we probably won’t do anything different, we’ll just keep on criticising people who want to be the best, AND keep on losing them to the top clubs
Take exception to putting crap on Harry - he has put more money into Balmain and the Wests Tigers than anyone else in their history.

Why should he put more in????