diedpretty wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:59 am
jadtiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:39 am
diedpretty wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:23 am
Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:38 pm
He’s got some big cojones (if this eventuates). He took us on at our worst period and now allegedly interested in a vulnerable Manly. He may have became a punching bag but I admire him more than I do Ivan Cleary right now, if not just for his transparency alone.
Didn’t like him as a coach for the simple fact he didn’t play JAC and Farah as well as let Taupau go but signed C Sironen for same amount anyway.
Good post - i never can understand the hate for JT - yes he was a pretty ordinary coach and made a few really bad decisions but he was also placed in an unenviable situation at WT with poor playing roster and no money or the power to recruit. And in the midst of the mess WT were in he got the team to 9th only 1 point out of the finals. 2018 Ivan gets the team to 9th but 6 points out of the finals and everyone salivates at what a great job he has done as coach. But, but Ivan changed the culture - yea right - and is now trying his hardest to destroy it.
In JTs best year he won less games than Ivan.I would be amazed if any club would be stupid enough to hire JT again unless they where planning to fold
I wouldn't sign him - just surprised at the hate for him - lot of it must be a personal dislike of the guy and what has happened in the past. As for his time at WT his coaching wasn't up to standard but i don't think thats enough reason for the level of hate for him on this forum.
Yeah, same here and for all the reasons that you spelled out above and most from Lauren as well. It is also worth noting that the recent relative success of the chooks pretty well mirrors his time being their assistant coach and a lull when he was here. Could be coincidental, but the core of their squad has been there a while.

That does not mean that I thought he was the messiah or want him back, but he is unfairly targeted in many instances.

Post by 851 » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 11:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:03 pm
851 wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:10 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:08 pm
The manly job has no interest in Taylor
That would be more like it, the players probably threatened to walk when they read that story, so any talks would have been terminated, if in fact any took place.
There is a report circulating that DCE will ask for a release if Neil Henry is appointed. No such reports about Taylor.
Have not heard that, but DCE is probably looking for an out, although Henry might be too hard a coach for him.
He put Hayne in his place at the titans, but the board backed Hayne
Go hard or go home

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 12:20 pm

No more plodders!
:sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:13 pm

DCE could end up at the Broncos.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:16 pm

diedpretty wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:
Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:38 pm
He’s got some big cojones (if this eventuates). He took us on at our worst period and now allegedly interested in a vulnerable Manly. He may have became a punching bag but I admire him more than I do Ivan Cleary right now, if not just for his transparency alone.
Didn’t like him as a coach for the simple fact he didn’t play JAC and Farah as well as let Taupau go but signed C Sironen for same amount anyway.
Good post - i never can understand the hate for JT - yes he was a pretty ordinary coach and made a few really bad decisions but he was also placed in an unenviable situation at WT with poor playing roster and no money or the power to recruit. And in the midst of the mess WT were in he got the team to 9th only 1 point out of the finals. 2018 Ivan gets the team to 9th but 6 points out of the finals and everyone salivates at what a great job he has done as coach. But, but Ivan changed the culture - yea right - and is now trying his hardest to destroy it.
In JTs best year he won less games than Ivan.I would be amazed if any club would be stupid enough to hire JT again unless they where planning to fold
I wouldn't sign him - just surprised at the hate for him - lot of it must be a personal dislike of the guy and what has happened in the past. As for his time at WT his coaching wasn't up to standard but i don't think thats enough reason for the level of hate for him on this forum.
Its the Farah thing

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:16 pm
diedpretty wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:

Its the Farah thing
The Farah situation was just a continuation of what he has always done at every club he has been to.As a player he backstabbed his coaches and as a coach lost the support of many of his players.He was always an accident waiting to happen when he signed for us

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:53 pm

News tonight looks like Hasler ...this is a bit surprising as he knows no bounds with spending money and the Penns do not like parting with it and Barrett got nothing to run his operation .I would imagine the Salary cap auditors will be on notice!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 7:50 pm

Hopefully Dessie has spent a lot of time on a beach sipping cocktails regaining his sanity. He was out of his tree at the end of his Dogs tenure.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:33 am

Did JT knock back Manly?
in Ivan we distrust

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:01 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 8:33 am
Did JT knock back Manly?
Said he would rather coach Norths ISP than Manly.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:20 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:01 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Did JT knock back Manly?
is that the fibro poking out?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:34 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:20 am
diedpretty wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Did JT knock back Manly?
Maybe - or more likely he hates there guts the same as any other player or fan who has had nothing to do with Manly.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:43 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:34 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 13 Oct, 2018 9:20 am
diedpretty wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Did JT knock back Manly?
Maybe - or more likely he hates there guts the same as any other player or fan who has had nothing to do with Manly.
Well, I don't think his Northern Eagles experience was great.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Post by 851 » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:23 am

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:41 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:16 pm
diedpretty wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

Its the Farah thing
The Farah situation was just a continuation of what he has always done at every club he has been to.As a player he backstabbed his coaches and as a coach lost the support of many of his players.He was always an accident waiting to happen when he signed for us
Great summation, JT caused trouble as a player and coach wherever he went, he has zero people skills, a must for a head coach
Go hard or go home